THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

Select THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for!

On-line collaboration
1%
Step recording
4%
Mixed track heights
2%
Resizeable mixer faders
2%
Proper feedback routing (tracks, sends, Grid)
2%
Alias / Linked Clips
3%
Automation clips
6%
Scene follow-actions
1%
Audio & MIDI Comping
10%
Retrospective recording
7%
Native pitch correction (ala Melodyne)
2%
Video track / playback
3%
Grid containers
5%
MIDI Grid
12%
UI builder (knobs, faders, buttons, X/Y as remote pages)
4%
FL-like piano-roll features
13%
Scoring / notation support
1%
Data zoom / logarythmic waveform view
1%
Apple Silicon native support
3%
Audio to MIDI
3%
ARA support
6%
MSEG
9%

Total votes: 578

RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's a lot of handy things on that list. I've already bought an upgrade for this year and the next one, I truly love Bitwig, it's the perfect tool for my workflow, it could be better of course but it is already awesome for me.
Win 11 | Linnstrument | Bitwig | MOTU Digital Performer | Kurzweil K2000R | Roland JV-1080 | Roland JV-2080 | Roland GR-50 | Doepfer Dark Energy | Xfer Serum | UVI Falcon | u-he | iZotope | Arturia | Synapse Audio

Good poll, no votes for online collaboration...ironic as that is probably going to be the headline feature of the next release!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:28 amGood poll
Although I'm tempted to make another one asking if I should reset this one and add "pattern sequencer" & "groove pool" :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:28 am...no votes for online collaboration...ironic as that is probably going to be the headline feature of the next release!
I'm tempted to make a bet that it won't :)
Music tech enthusiast

stamp wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:09 pm Video track, mseg, better bounce, fix the shortcut mess... For what I do Bitwig is nearly perfect.
MIDI grid etc. would be really fun for me, but after a fairly intense couple of months trying to get a few tracks finished and working on various collaborations etc., I really agree that the bouncing workflow could use a bit of TLC.

I love the mechanics of bouncing (vs. freezing), but it's just a bit undercooked at the moment. IMO we need more options and more control, particularly for mass operations like rendering stems. Some ideas include:
- Option to copy devices after a Custom bounce point to the new track, including automation
- More advanced bounce logic that automatically deactivates/disables all irrelevant tracks while the bounce is performed. I don't know how much of this already exists, but I do know that bounces get hella slow once a project gets large, even if I'm just bouncing a simple Polysynth track.
- Option to exclude certain devices on a track during the bounce, perhaps with a simple text filter like the browser (e.g. device =Dynamics and name='sidechain')
- Option to render send effects into the bounce (obviously group hierarchy would result in some limitations here, but it'd still be useful)
- Option to copy send levels, send automation, track level to the bounced track
- An optional text field in the Bounce dialog for naming the bounced clip AND the bounced audio file itself. In fact I'd actually like a user option to make this step non-optional, forcing me to give a meaningful name every time I bounce something (see final point).
- Option to pick target directory for the generated audio file with a folder dialog, which defaults to standard location Project/bounce (useful for exporting samples/stems).
- Enhanced clip metadata, including a 'source' field which is automatically populated with some basic information about the bounce in the cases when a new audio clip is created via a bounce. E.g. Source Track Name, Source Track Clip Name/Time Range, Timestamp of Bounce. The only thing I miss about freeze is the fact that it's very transparent organisationally, as you can see the original devices etc. It's far too easy to end up with a Bitwig project & bounce folder full of 'Audio 7-2s', particularly while collaborating with people/in that flow state at the start of a project where you're getting ideas down as fast as possible. Also, gimme a notes field for clips! "Bounced all the pads and atmos into a single file as CPU was struggling, need to revisit bars 33-64 after we're happy with the main lead"

These are pretty boring ideas, but as someone that doesn't use any other DAWs (Bitwig for everything, start to end), it's at the tail end of projects that I am occasionally starting to get a bit exasperated.

I picked
Retrospective Recording
ARA support
and MSEG

But I also wish for new or improved native effects (convolution reverb, formant shifter, glue compressor)
I'd love to see piano roll become as powerful as FL Studio, but not a priority.
I just want thicker bar lines and darker background outside clip regions

Hez wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:15 amI love the mechanics of bouncing (vs. freezing), but it's just a bit undercooked at the moment. IMO we need more options and more control, particularly for mass operations like rendering stems. Some ideas include...
:tu:

+ I'd really love ACTUAL hybrid clips, that can contain both MIDI and audio at the same time and if you'd bounce-in-place then the MIDI would simply get muted. The "nested" MIDI could also follow all the operations on bounced audio - splitting, stretching, reversing (although this would do nothing), re-pitching, etc.
Music tech enthusiast

lokanchung wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:53 am I just want thicker bar lines and darker background outside clip regions
Oh, that's another one I forgot - theming!!! :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

session view scroll in sync with APC40MPII bank select arrow, it's crazy you can't do this for a live gig DAW and must take the mouse to scroll down session view in order to see next rows on screen.

dupont wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:05 amsession view scroll in sync with APC40MPII bank select arrow, it's crazy you can't do this for a live gig DAW and must take the mouse to scroll down session view in order to see next rows on screen.
That's definitely something that needs to be addressed at the script level.
If you're using Moss' one, then just contact him :)

BTW, your SC link doesn't work :(
Music tech enthusiast

yes indeed, links to my SC is broken, I replaced it and still broken.
Thanks for the notice.
This are my 2 accounts
https://soundcloud.com/tek-alfb
https://soundcloud.com/tek-alfb2
I got in touch with Drivenbymoss and explained it was a Bitwig bug
posting.php?mode=quote&f=268&p=8049396

dupont wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:39 amThis are my 2 accounts
Wow, some lovely 90/00-inspired tracks there!
I'll follow you when I'm home, because I can't log in to SC at work :D

Regarding the bug, did Moss say it's only an issue with APC40 or for every grid based controller? I'm pretty sure it works just fine for Push2 or Launchpad X.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:03 am
dupont wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:39 amThis are my 2 accounts
Wow, some lovely 90/00-inspired tracks there!
I'll follow you when I'm home, because I can't log in to SC at work :D

Regarding the bug, did Moss say it's only an issue with APC40 or for every grid based controller? I'm pretty sure it works just fine for Push2 or Launchpad X.
Thanks for following.
No he did not say it was an issue only with APC40.

voted to the top three most voted one, can I hope?

based on the votes BWS gonna get
On-line collaboration
Apple Silicon native support
Scene follow-actions
Proper feedback routing (tracks, sends, Grid)

I'm almost sure in it :D
Last edited by xbitz on Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

stamp wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:12 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:10 pm I hope I've not missed anything really obvious & big, otherwise adding another option would reset the poll :(
Groove pool?
Yes - a more fully featured groove functionality would be my 1st choice.
Shuffle
Swing
More customisable
Ability to take groove from midi parts
etc
etc

Return to “Bitwig”