Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:38 pm ..... Should be a little more readable on low-DPI displays.
That Indeed was the main part of his aim.
rsp
sound sculptist

It's more than just the drop-down menus that has changed. The font in the upper menus (presets, etc) is different as well -- larger, bolder, and a different color. The pitch and mod wheel are different, and the FX Lock and delay Sync buttons all look a little different, too.

Oh and the chorus buttons actually 'light up' now, making it way more obvious when one of them is on.

Seems like a lot of 'little' changes all over the thing, but it's enough that when I first loaded up 1.4.1 I went "whaaaa" because it all felt kinda different. I'm sure I'll adapt quickly, though.

Is Poly II mode still broken, or am I simply not understanding it's behaviour?

This plugin has given me from me being completely unimpressed on initial preview release to one of my favourite plugins I'm.using it all the time

Sounds fantastic and the regular updates and bug fixes are much appreciated thankyou

Buckster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:34 pm This plugin has given me from me being completely unimpressed on initial preview release to one of my favourite plugins I'm.using it all the time

Sounds fantastic and the regular updates and bug fixes are much appreciated thankyou
It sounds very good doesn't it. :tu:

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:19 pm The changelog for J-8 also mentions a "UI refresh." I don't see any changes to the main controls, but some of the other buttons are now drawn differently, and the ones that are actually popup menus now have little arrows on the side.

I've attached a quick screenshot for comparison.

j8sidebyside.png
one image is clearly sharper, is it that??

Realistortion wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:57 am Is Poly II mode still broken, or am I simply not understanding it's behaviour?
What do you think it does? It's not a round-robin mode. It just impacts voice stealing with long releases. Pg 12 of the manual:

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/JP-8_OM.pdf

Are you seeing something in that description that makes you think the plugin behaves differently?

BTW, you had some great patches in your set. Thanks!

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:28 pm
Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:19 pm The changelog for J-8 also mentions a "UI refresh." I don't see any changes to the main controls, but some of the other buttons are now drawn differently, and the ones that are actually popup menus now have little arrows on the side.

I've attached a quick screenshot for comparison.

j8sidebyside.png
one image is clearly sharper, is it that??
All of the graphics have been slightly changed.

I was comparing the 1.4.1 screenshot on the website to an actual copy of 1.4.0 running in Logic, so I thought some of it might be due to a display resolution/calibration discrepancy, but now that I've installed 1.4.1 I can see that the screenshot on the website is very accurate.

For a more thorough comparison, I would need to uninstall 1.4.1 and reinstall 1.4.0. I'm not interested in doing that.
Last edited by Super Piano Hater 64 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate signatures too.

the only thing I can't get to work and I'm obviously missing something very obvious

how do you get the mod-wheel VCF bottom corner to activate please - no matter the setting it doesn't seem to do anything
?
mod-wheel affects the two LFOs depending on level for both fine but I can't get the VCF one to work

[EDIT] just worked it out - its pitch bend assigned only - I thought the right hand side was mod-wheel the left pitch wheel and the shared line was to show pitch bend could be assigned to both - I was wrong

phreaque wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:31 pm Presets, more, free 8)
Some fantastic sounds in there, thank you very much :clap: :D
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Shifrin wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:24 am
Some fantastic sounds in there, thank you very much :clap: :D
+1
Thank you phreaque :)

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGMAarq ... jh54AaABAg
Well done. The sounds remind me of the Kung Fury soundtrack.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGMAarq ... jh54AaABAg
Beautiful 80s sounds :) :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Link
thanks, these are lovely

Return to “Instruments”