Hive 2.1 Izmo skin by Plugmon

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-musician wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:04 pm certain grey areas should be slightly darker, i. e. displays, knob background rings and the middle section
+1

(Or exactly as you say, reach for Funkybot's Gizmo version)

TIMT wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 pm Whilst that new Hive skin is pretty aesthetically pleasing, it's not at all a step up in terms of functionality. The original design concept for the UI of Hive is an acquired taste sure, but it's far easier to navigate than the Plugmon one IMO
IMHO Izmo is less of an acquired taste than the original UI

If it was the other way around: Izmo was first, and "original" had been just added, I think we'd all be quite confused by "original" - the mirrored parameters/envs etc.

(tbh I really like both - Izmo just ticks more boxes for me)

Glad to hear people have a favourite, one way or the other - at the end of the day, a great synth underneath :D

TIMT wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 pm Whilst that new Hive skin is pretty aesthetically pleasing, it's not at all a step up in terms of functionality. The original design concept for the UI of Hive is an acquired taste sure, but it's far easier to navigate than the Plugmon one IMO
The original is actually nicely laid out. Having an alternative is nice, but it's like learning a new synth! :)

I´m a bit confused: I like (and would prefer) the Funkybot-Edit but don´t find a dl-link :help:
maybe there isn´t, and you´re simply talking about the screenshots made and compare 'em with Izmo´s GUI

The Sarge! wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:42 am I´m a bit confused: I like (and would prefer) the Funkybot-Edit but don´t find a dl-link :help:
maybe there isn´t, and you´re simply talking about the screenshots made and compare 'em with Izmo´s GUI
See here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=562374

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:13 pm See here:

ahh, okay, then I could trying to read 29 pages here again and again and not finding it :dog:
thanks for the hint and thanks for the GUI :hyper:

Hi Plugmon!

I can't be silent anymore. Izmo is a beautiful skin, really great, probably the best of all Hive's skins, but it becomes worse. It should have more contrast! Please do not listen whose who said that less contrast means less strain on eyes - it's contrary! And please don't listen whose who said that it's too bright - let them use a standard theme, they just can't appreciate light themes. I just want to propose them to print a dark grey text on a light grey paper and try to read this and see if this is really "easier" for eyes than a classic white paper with a black text.

Right now this skin is too washed out, like "disabled" textbox in GUI.
Dark areas should be much more dark, close to black, and light areas can be a bit brighter. It will help eyes.

(The very first version was better than current, but it should have even more contrast).

I'd love if I could get the layout and features of izmo but with the colours/graphics style of the default skin or plugmon eclipse personally (or the whole thing done with the "solarized light" colour pallete)

MitchK1989 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:07 pm I'd love if I could get the layout and features of izmo but with the colours/graphics style of the default skin or plugmon eclipse personally (or the whole thing done with the "solarized light" colour pallete)
Have you seen Gizmo? It's Izmo with the original Hive 2 background and scope color with some other small tweaks.

I actually did find that after I posted here and it's definitely my new default!

I am fan of Izmo but when are we going to see some performance improvements with the responsiveness?

I am also a fan of Izmo but Sally dumped me for Marc and I'm so sad.
Yorgos Simeonidis

Have an issue with this skin:

- When Izmo skin is active, when I go to browser the first column of presets are unselectable neither in Factory or User presets when you click on them. Only using keyboard arrow keys help selecting the patches in that case.

(Ableton 11.0.2, AU, MacOS 10.14.6)
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

- Also CHORUS type menu doesn't allow me to select anything other than Classic, while Phaser menu works as expected.

UPDATE: I realize I need to click and drag, but it looks like a menu. Anyways I still having selecting presets in presets browser in the first column.
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

I like the idea of this skin but could use a bit more colour to differentiate things IMO

This is skin is better than original one how the modules are set up, but the color is total nonsense, everything is like one flat board, hard to navigate and eyes start to hurt after a while. Some borders or more colors with this module set up wouldnt hurt it either. Hive is probably one of the best synths around but has the bad GUI issue since it has been released... :(

Return to “u-he”