aurex CTRL - dedicated control for U-He synths!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUREX CTRL
THE SPEED, VIBES AND FLEXIBILITY OF A TRUE HARDWARE SYNTHESIZER
... WITH ALL THE BENEFITS OF SOFTWARE

A NOVATION LAUNCH CONTROL XL WITH DEDICATED MIDI SOFTWARE
AS THE ULTIMATE CONTROLLER FOR U-HE's SOFTWARE SYNTHESIZERS

AUREX CTRL – FINALLY MAKING THE CONNECTION

I like hardware synths. I love turning knobs, pushing buttons, and flicking faders when creating sounds. At the same time, I also love all the software synths that are available now, especially because of very convincing analog sounding softsynths such as U-He’s Diva, Tyrell and Repro 1/5.

However, I've always felt the connection between software plugins and hardware controllers was missing something. When controlling hardware synthesizers, you get a great user interface, with clear labelling and tactile control over every parameter. MIDI controllers however, often present you with an uninspiring interface with mismatching colours, incorrect text or inaccurate labels. More importantly, they often can't handle more advanced functions like modulation assignment, interactive LED feedback or multi-button control over one single function. I also easily forget which knob I MIDI-mapped to which function and so on ... I’ve never connected with them like I do with hardware - until I developed the aurex CTRL bundle.

aurex CTRL makes you forget you're using software. No screen or mouse needed.

This is exactly why I developed the aurex CTRL bundle. This bundle makes the Novation Launch Control XL function as the ultimate MIDI controller for U-He's software synthesizers. I built a custom MIDI template (using advanced programming with BOME MIDI Translator) that translates every Launch Control XL's MIDI message into all kinds of relevant MIDI data, oering much more possibilities than the original Launch Control XL's functions. In addition, I designed a Launch Control XL printable cover with all of these new features on it. This bundle comes with everything included (MIDI software, presets and printable cover) and gets you started right away.

STANDARD MIDI MAPPING ? NOT AT ALL!

My script fits in between the Novation controller and the U-He plugin, creating many more functions and possibilities than the original Launch Control XL's MIDI mappings. A simple example of what you can do with this: you can select LFO waveforms and speed settings with dedicated buttons. A more complex example is the Modulation Routing page, which allows you to assign 16 modulation sources to all kinds of destinations. Knobs and buttons can have multiple functions, depending on the menu you're in. The LEDs reflect all these dierent pages and assignments. As a result, my template gives you the opportunity to control over 200 Diva parameters and more than 100 Repro functions through a very intuitive hardware interface.

A completely new feeling to me. I also believe this is the reason why controllers such as Softube's Console 1 work so intuitively and smooth, making you forget it's only a controller.

When making music, I want to focus on the sound and that works best for me through the physical connection. This bundle has all the benefits of software (great sound, presets, DAW recall, automation, ...) and hardware (actual knobs and faders to touch, a dedicated graphical interface, speed of creating sounds, less mouse actions and screen time, ...) combined.

KEY FEATURES

• MIDI control tool for Novation Launch Control XL and U-He Diva, Tyrell, or Repro 1/5 - making the LC XL a truly advanced and dedicated controller.
• custom high quality cover overlay with very user friendly layout of all functions can be ordered from TAKTILITY (printable overlay is included)
• over 200 parameters mapped for Diva, more than 100 for Repro
• 5 menu pages: MAIN / MODEL / SHIFT / ARP & FX / MOD ROUTING
• envelope 8F function to control both envelopes at the same time with 8 faders.
• extensive but super easy modulation routing page
​• all oscillator models and envelopes selectable
• select a synth model (OSC, ENV and FILT settings) for Diva with one press
​• all filter models selectable, filter modes and options inclusive
• OSC, FILTER (+ ROUTINGS) reset function
• LFO 1&2 speed selection with buttons
• LFO 1&2 wave selection with buttons
• Repro OSC wave selection with buttons
• Repro mod switches selection with buttons
• all knobs jump to correct values when needed - no wrong 'in between' settings

You can order aurex CTRL starting today at www.aurexmusic.com for 40 euro.

Was an early backer on kick starter. I played around with it a bit and it's really impressive. I'm just waiting to order the hard cover before jumping in fully. Any word on when it's ready to order? Also shipping in the EU no problem, right? Finally, don't know exactly how to print the soft copy version that comes with it, what dimensions / printer type/setting is needed?

Hi yes I just wanted to mention that the Taktility covers will be ready to order in the next weeks. For the printable layout, just make sure there are no scaling options active and the size should be ok :) Thanks!

OK, so basically I have to print on any paper that is larger than the surface area of the LCXL and then disable scaling?

Yup (about the printing) :) That should do it, standard A4 with no scaling options active.

Sarrova-Q wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:52 pm Yup (about the printing) :) That should do it, standard A4 with no scaling options active.
OK this is where I'm failing. An A4 paper is not big enough for the surface area of the XL... And when I printed it on one, it obviously wouldn't fit. I'm probably just stupid, but what am I missing...?

The printable layout doesn't need the whole surface from the top to the bottom of the Launch Control XL ;) The first letters start UNDER the first row of knobs. That's why it fits. The layout you see above is the Taktility cover, which is a high quality cover made in collaboration with Taktility. I guess that's why you're confused.

is there an example anywhere of what the print out overlay looks like installed?

I'll upload a better picture soon, but you can see a small example here (on the right of the picture):

Ok I think I get it now. I'll try again tomorrow, but - I'm just going to order the Taktility cover as soon as it's available. As for the controller, it's really way beyond standard midi mapping, really well thought and some surprising features. Can't wait for the proper cover.

...and ordered the hard cover last night ;)

gondii wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:26 pm ...and ordered the hard cover last night ;)
Where can you order this? I don't see it on Taktility's site yet

MitchK1989 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:35 am Where can you order this? I don't see it on Taktility's site yet
You have to send him a message here: https://www.taktility.com/contact/

With your email and address and tell him that you want to order the aurex CTRL cover.

what's the price on the hard cover?

MitchK1989 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:55 pm what's the price on the hard cover?
15 euro excl shipping costs :)

Return to “u-he”