ANY soft synths with button / slider / knob sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually, Ive been thinking about this, and what sort of sounds would actually be useful in a recording environment. I think there are far more musically significant sounds that should be available to today's ITB musicians.

As the person who came up with the idea for the world-changing Anechoic Room Simulator reverb plugin, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I have just started development on 'StudioSubliminals (tm)' a revolutionary plugin series which adds realistic in-studio ambience from the areas housing some of the greatest studios in the world, as they would be heard from within the control rooms themselves. Meticulous patent-pending technology will be used to correctly reproduce the ambiences across multiple significant time-points of the day (including the all important 8.45am, 5pm and 1am points) over multiple decades including the 60s and 70s.

A free edition of 'Abbey Road Road' preset "lunchtime in the late 1960's" will be released soon; this will also be released for auction as a limited NFT, as part of our global funding drive.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

anyone got a spare slider cap for a fader in samplitude?

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:40 pm anyone got a spare slider cap for a fader in samplitude?
Nope, sorry. I did find one from ProTools down the back of the sofa, though, if you think it'll fit?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:44 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:40 pm anyone got a spare slider cap for a fader in samplitude?
Nope, sorry. I did find one from ProTools down the back of the sofa, though, if you think it'll fit?
probably fit, just won't look right :shrug:

to spin this thoughts further into the future to come:
izotope is working on a special plugin/addon for RX to remove fader/pushbutton/knob noises ?

:-)

I don't mean to pile on, but I can't get on board with this concept... unless the sounds are provided by Rowan Atkinson in his Mr. Bean character.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I remember some of the faders on my Novation Impulse were quite scratchy in the beginning (probably the plastic not fabricated 100 % accurately...). I'd really hate that to be modelled in software though. :D

Well since this thread isn't an early April Fool's joke..... :?

I've owned a ton of hardware and still own quite a few pieces and I've never....ever....paid any attention at all to the sound of a slider moving or a knob turning (unless they were dirty) in over 40 years since buying my first bit of hardware.

This has to be the most pointless request ever at KVR and that's saying a lot. :lol:

But hey it's a free world so dream away....... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Now that I know of it, I will surely pay attention to all those nifty clicks and scratches, and what nots. Unfortunately, my MIDI keyboard is digital though, so all those sounds will only be virtual analog... :?

the POINT is.... making a software synth FEEL more like hardware with a tactical feedback SOUND when moving a knob slider or pressing a button. Let's say pressing a real live button on a Prophet 5, having that exact style of button press sound on your P5 emulator. Of course, the effect would be very subtle and only happen when you are NOT playing it... to make it FEEL more like hardware, via sound feedback.

or turning a soft knob to the top of its range, and hearing it click when it pegs out.

the soft synths have the same style KNOBS to imitate the synths, why not go further with the immersion.

If you've never heard a slider or knob physical sound on movement, your hearing sucks, or you've never been in a quality recording studio :D

Someone will do this, wait for it.

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm the POINT is.... making a software synth FEEL more like hardware with a tactical feedback SOUND when moving a knob slider or pressing a button.
But it will never work since the sound won't come from the right direction.

Imagine loudspeakers along the roads playing gasoline motor sounds when all cars are electric.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm the soft synths have the same style KNOBS to imitate the synths, why not go further with the immersion.
Why not ? Because it make zeros sense. It wouldn't do anything but be distracting. :shrug:
wwjd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pmIf you've never heard a slider or knob physical sound on movement, your hearing sucks, or you've never been in a quality recording studio :D
My hearing doesn't suck it's just focused on things that are important. :wink:

I've been in quality recording studios and never paid one bit of attention to the sound of knobs and sliders and since pro studios keep their gear clean you shouldn't even notice the sound of quality gear.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:30 pm Imagine loudspeakers along the roads playing gasoline motor sounds when all cars are electric
Oddly enough.....

"The so-called "quiet car" rule requires electrified vehicles to emit noises at speeds up to 18.6 mph as a warning to pedestrians and cyclists. Lack of exhaust noise makes cars harder to hear at these speeds, but tire noise, wind buffeting, and other sounds pick up at higher speeds, regulators have said".

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... quirements

Yep. It's a very good idea really. Can't count the occasions where I rode on my bicycle, and some people crossed the road just by ear, not even looking if somebody is coming...

Well somebody actually published a fart library for Kontakt. So you never know with crazy ideas...

https://soundiron.com/products/flatulus (Kontakt full version required)

IMO, needs more cowbell! :lol:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”