ARM updates galore beta round 01 revision 11152

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Bazille Colour Copy Diva Presswerk Repro Satin

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:31 pm * Repro: mod matrix modifiers now available in the GUI
If you're talking about the Curve, Quantize, Rectifier, etc. modifiers, then those were already in the 9669 build. :wink:

AAA LETS GO

i opened the same project as last time
Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 23.40.49.png
is this even possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

async is on by default eh? diva is smooooth as butter.

Ploki wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 pm i opened the same project as last time

is this even possible
Intriguing results. Is that a commonly available DIVA test project or just a personal stress test?

Ploki wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 pm is this even possible
I recall Urs saying analog modeled synths like Diva and RePro would be the biggest beneficiaries, compared to something like Hive with it's WT engine where the gains wouldn't be so great. Makes my psyched at the prospects of the 16" M1X MBP's that should arrive in a few months.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:27 pm If you're talking about the Curve, Quantize, Rectifier, etc. modifiers, then those were already in the 9669 build. :wink:
Yes, they were, but hidden inside the context menu.
Now they have a graphical representation directly on the GUI. :wink:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Tronam wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:04 am
Ploki wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 pm i opened the same project as last time

is this even possible
Intriguing results. Is that a commonly available DIVA test project or just a personal stress test?
personal - but based on preset and config most people were doing in the other thread.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 am I recall Urs saying analog modeled synths like Diva and RePro would be the biggest beneficiaries, compared to something like Hive with it's WT engine where the gains wouldn't be so great. Makes my psyched at the prospects of the 16" M1X MBP's that should arrive in a few months.
:love:
i'm going for an M1X Mini whenever it comes out for the studio

Ploki wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 pm is this even possible
Hehe, yes, as long as you don't touch the Multicore button :oops:

(we went through the usual hoops to support Apple's "Audio Workgroups" which is a concept to enable AU plug-ins to do their own multithreading in a host friendly manner... but alas, not even Logic supports it, so we have no way to test it really, hence our final step of optimisation of MC will have to wait until a later date)

Nice results though, that's probably better than I would have expected after our own tests.

it's absolutely crazy, i had to double check if i screwed something up but it doesn't appear so. :)

MTS-ESP is giving me so much GAS right now as well, since u-he synths consist of ~80% of my synth work

Well, I can confirm that the performance of Diva VST3 in Reaper native ARM version is absolutely amazing for most basic presets. I did however manage to create a pad sound that apparently "only" does about 8 voices of polyphony on Divine quality (no stacks used, just single voices). Buffer at 128 samples (RME Babyface).

Most of the presets in the Polyphonic bank I can play at divine quality and use the full 16 notes polyphony without a single crackle anywhere. This is very impressive indeed. :D

I also noticed that I get better performance when disabling the built in 16 samples buffer of Diva (diva's settings menu, at the bottom half of the settings, set it to 'none').
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:56 am I did however manage to create a pad sound that apparently "only" does about 8 voices of polyphony on Divine quality (no stacks used, just single voices).
Please send over to us if possible, we need those things to figure out any bottlenecks :)

Will the ARM native versions work in a rosetta DAW - I suspect not. What are the ARM native DAWs? Reaper (beta), Logic ..... are there any others?
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

reaper logic and tracktion. And no, arm native versions won't work in rosetta DAWs

LOL, and I thought *we* were slow about this...

Return to “u-he”