Synth -Sinmad 0.9.9- featured this month (april) in One Synth Challenge, reports thread:

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome everybody from OSC!

Update:
free Sinmad license to anyone who who actually completes a track (in this OSC) and allows NUSofting to use it on website.

Hyped to try this out! Is there a quick start guide to this yet?

Plugin not found on Windows 10 20H2. Unblocked dll in Explorer. Tried in Live, Cubase, Reaper.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:18 am Hyped to try this out! Is there a quick start guide to this yet?
So far there are only the help on GUI and this beta PDF
http://nusofting.com/download/SinMad_Objects.pdf

Thanks!

bh9090 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:33 am Plugin not found on Windows 10 20H2. Unblocked dll in Explorer. Tried in Live, Cubase, Reaper.
Thanks for the report, I didn't update to 20H2 yet, I will do and fix that, sorry for the hassle.

Hello,
just exploring the new SinMad :hyper:
Seems to become a cool synth 8)

First I would like to offer you a better translation for the german intro text:
SynMad welcome german.PNG
Than I noticed, when I saved a new user preset, it isn't displayed in the 'User presets' folder immediately afterwards. :( Only when I re-open der DAW I can find it (maybe an issue of my system: WIN7, Cubase Elements 9.5 :shrug: )

Another little note: When I move the mouse over the 'resonaters/memory ...' area, the info box shows the text: ... 'lag' knobs ... . But there is no 'lag' knob (I think it is a designation of the older Sinnah version)

Will also share my presets, when I did a couple of it one day ...

Erich aka Rockingricky
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks Erich, I have a better translation but I didn't update the screen bitmap yet. I will see about the 'User presets' folder' if it's a Win7 issue.

You are right about the 'lag' knobs! Now it's called st/ms
rockingricky wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:10 pm Hello,
just exploring the new SinMad :hyper:
Seems to become a cool synth 8)

First I would like to offer you a better translation for the german intro text:
SynMad welcome german.PNG

Than I noticed, when I saved a new user preset, it isn't displayed in the 'User presets' folder immediately afterwards. :( Only when I re-open der DAW I can find it (maybe an issue of my system: WIN7, Cubase Elements 9.5 :shrug: )

Another little note: When I move the mouse over the 'resonaters/memory ...' area, the info box shows the text: ... 'lag' knobs ... . But there is no 'lag' knob (I think it is a designation of the older Sinnah version)

Will also share my presets, when I did a couple of it one day ...

Erich aka Rockingricky

Bug report:

This has to do with the feature of modifying a preset, and being able to compare it (with the compare button) to it's original settings. It's like the synth saves always the preset as the modified version but not as how it sounds.

to replicate the problem:

- Start with a preset ("a clean start" will do)
- Save the preset as a new one (lets say "INIT")
- Open the "INIT" preset, and modify it (using the random button works for quickly making drastic changes to it)
- Now, it's possible to revert to it's original form when you click on the compare button.
- But now, If you save the preset (it sounds as it's original clean "INIT" form) and overwrite it, it will still sound like the original (and the compare button will get deactivated) but if you change to another preset, and then come back, it will sound as the modified version.

This happened to me as I noticed that some changes that you make to a preset, are still there if you change to another preset, and then come back to the first one. This made me believe that Sinmad always saved the state of the preset, even when you modified it.
So I reverted to the original with the compare button, and saved it, but now I lost the original preset...

Not sure how clean my explanation was, or if this is even a bug or it's the intended way of how it should work.

The "compare" feature might be confusing as it is now, because the plugin can save both the preset to its file and the VST plugin state in the host. Both should always save the modified preset, but I didn't tried that in every possible VST host, therefore I can't exclude that you actually found a bug. Thanks.
J.Ruegg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:15 pm Bug report:

This has to do with the feature of modifying a preset, and being able to compare it (with the compare button) to it's original settings. It's like the synth saves always the preset as the modified version but not as how it sounds.

to replicate the problem:

- Start with a preset ("a clean start" will do)
- Save the preset as a new one (lets say "INIT")
- Open the "INIT" preset, and modify it (using the random button works for quickly making drastic changes to it)
- Now, it's possible to revert to it's original form when you click on the compare button.
- But now, If you save the preset (it sounds as it's original clean "INIT" form) and overwrite it, it will still sound like the original (and the compare button will get deactivated) but if you change to another preset, and then come back, it will sound as the modified version.

This happened to me as I noticed that some changes that you make to a preset, are still there if you change to another preset, and then come back to the first one. This made me believe that Sinmad always saved the state of the preset, even when you modified it.
So I reverted to the original with the compare button, and saved it, but now I lost the original preset...

Not sure how clean my explanation was, or if this is even a bug or it's the intended way of how it should work.

The pitch bend is a wrong or not in the expected "pitch linear"/"frequency exponential" curve. My slides are untuned on the LinnStrument (I guess the same for a Roli Seaboard). The end point is as advertised, but in between its wrong. For example if I set PB range to 24 half way is not one octave but two notes too high...
Did you think about supporting MPE in the future? I like the sound of this new synth it deserves to be played expressively...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:36 pm The pitch bend is a wrong or not in the expected "pitch linear"/"frequency exponential" curve. My slides are untuned on the LinnStrument (I guess the same for a Roli Seaboard). The end point is as advertised, but in between its wrong. For example if I set PB range to 24 half way is not one octave but two notes too high...
Did you think about supporting MPE in the future? I like the sound of this new synth it deserves to be played expressively...
Yes I'm thinking about supporting MPE, at least in mono. Thanks for letting me know, I will see if I can quickly fix the pitch bend curve. I guess default range in MPE is 48 semitones, right?

Yes, that is correct. Though the 24 already is good for me. As I use Bitwig I can easily adapt...
MPE is Midi Polyphonic Expression. In mono I get already all expression I need...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:01 pm Yes, that is correct. Though the 24 already is good for me. As I use Bitwig I can easily adapt...
MPE is Midi Polyphonic Expression. In mono I get already all expression I need...
Please replace the DLL only to try this PB curve fix, (or are you on Mac?)
https://nusofting.com/24hexp/Sinmad_DLL_PB.zip

PS. Yes Polyphonic, I will try to find the time to learn more about MPE.

I am on Mac...
And here is a quick advice for implementing MPE:
https://www.rogerlinndesign.com/support ... to-add-mpe
And the official docs are useful as well:
https://www.midi.org/specifications
You can sign up for free to get them...

I have tried to follow the manual to save modified/edited preset, but failed. Please advise.
I have done the following steps:
-Let’s assume that I have modified/edited some parameters of that particular preset (a clean start).
Then I click the SAVE button. The menu to save modified/edited preset appears. Next, I need to rename that preset.

-After renaming to BA Trial, I need to press the ‘Save new user preset’ button.

-This message surfaces: [ Failed to copy preset BA Trial ]

Please advise. Thanks.
- I am on Windows 10 Pro with Ableton Live 11 Suite as DAW.
- I have installed Sinmad 0.9.3 version.

Return to “NUSofting”