Cherry Audio DCO-106

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DCO-106 Virtual Polyphonic Synthesizer

Why argueing? I was about to say the same as Bones did, but just as a valuable hint to the valuable hint abi gave us all (thanks for that). There is no need to justify anybodies decisions and even less to start a moral fight...
Lets get back to praise or constructively critique that wonderful DCO 106 this thread is about...

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 am Where are you? Covid has had very little tangible effect on me, here in Sydney. The last person to die from it in our state was in June last year and life is pretty much back to normal now, even though the vaccine roll-out is only just getting underway. I don't even know anyone here who has been negatively impacted by it, our government has done an amazing job across the board, so it's easy to forget how lucky we are.
BONES wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 am That just tells me that you don't give a f**k about anyone else, as long as you get what you want. It's a very immature attitude, the way a 4 year-old see the world.
:clap:

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 am There is definitely that aspect of it but still, once you know about something, supporting the dev seems like the right thing to do. I will buy factory-direct whenever I can, and that includes shoes (especially factory seconds from a clearance outlet).
surreal wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:05 pmeven more so now with the economic destruction covid 19 has brought to our economy and my career
Where are you? Covid has had very little tangible effect on me, here in Sydney. The last person to die from it in our state was in June last year and life is pretty much back to normal now, even though the vaccine roll-out is only just getting underway. I don't even know anyone here who has been negatively impacted by it, our government has done an amazing job across the board, so it's easy to forget how lucky we are. That said, if money is so tight, maybe you don't need to be buying plugins at all? If I was in your situation I would still want to support the devs, even if it meant buying one thing instead of two.
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:50 pmThat said, I think it's fair enough to inform about ways to save money, even if it's just $10. I'm a cheapskate as well, so, I'm always happy to save a bit of money. ;)
That just tells me that you don't give a f**k about anyone else, as long as you get what you want. It's a very immature attitude, the way a 4 year-old see the world.
Well Bones South Africa ain't Austrailia .(I am not even gonna mention all the billions of dollars stolen and swindled in fraud by our own corrupt government ministers and ex presidents)..and I am a full Time resident Wedding DJ at venue which by our government Rules forced all the wedding venues and entertainment industry musos and artists and shows to be shut down for 10 months with no financial support. The venue even applied for UIF for me and the other artists, DJs and musos to no avail.. the government just turned it down. The only finacial assistance the government renderd to unemployed people or those that lost their jobs due to covid affected econmoic collapse in my country was a montly payment of $25 Aussie dollars... can you survive on $25 Aussie dollars for a whole month Bones? Under these circumstances buying a plugin or even a preset pack is a no go Mate.. Even the institution where I renderd music therapy has been shut down and quarantined for 12mnths now so there is no income from that. Google Employment Equity in South Africa where a person is excluded from employemnt opportunities because you are a white male in an African country then you will have greater insight Into my situation...

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 am The last person to die from it in our state was in June last year
And why are you stating this here - to illustrate how unbelievably extraordinary your own situation is and how immensely and undeservingly lucky you are?

I think you must be the most absurdly self-centered and mind-boggingly ignorant person on the whole planet. How you even managed to survive childhood without your own mom stabbing you is beyond me.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

surreal wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:42 amWell Bones South Africa ain't Austrailia .
Hence my question.
Wedding DJ at venue which by our government Rules forced all the wedding venues and entertainment industry musos and artists and shows to be shut down for 10 months with no financial support. The venue even applied for UIF for me and the other artists, DJs and musos to no avail.. the government just turned it down.
Yeah, same thing happened here. There were very strict limits on weddings and funerals and live venues were closed for the best part of a year. Very few people in the entertainment industry were eligible for Govt support, which was a very generous $1500 a fortnight. That support finished a week ago and there are a lot of pissed off people who have to and find a job now.
can you survive on $25 Aussie dollars for a whole month Bones? Under these circumstances buying a plugin or even a preset pack is a no go Mate.. Even the institution where I renderd music therapy has been shut down and quarantined for 12mnths now so there is no income from that. Google Employment Equity in South Africa where a person is excluded from employemnt opportunities because you are a white male in an African country then you will have greater insight Into my situation...
Again, that's why I asked. As I said, it's easy to forget that things are different in different parts of the world. Sounds extremely tough, are you stuck there for the foreseeable future? Anywhere you can go, as in another country?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I remember good times when we used to call such discussions "off topic". There's for sure a reason for them, but I feel that it's in the end a childish struggle about nothing but subjective points of view. You may call me a conservative white male now. That's just what I am - today.

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:50 pmThat said, I think it's fair enough to inform about ways to save money, even if it's just $10. I'm a cheapskate as well, so, I'm always happy to save a bit of money. ;)
That just tells me that you don't give a f**k about anyone else, as long as you get what you want. It's a very immature attitude, the way a 4 year-old see the world.
Your whole way of arguing and thinking here is just incredily lacking of any hint of intelligence I don't know whether to laugh or to cry - and so outrageously ignorant that it's hard to believe.

How do you know he doesn't spend the money he saves from purchasing via everyplugin on (say) some child charity? Or his friends or relatives in need? Or whatever other just cause? In fact you don't know the first thing about him, his life, his income, his financial situation and what he spends his money on. In fact it is none of your business either.

But let's assume he always spends a certain amount of money on plugins each month:
how on earth is spending 50bucks on one developer supposed to be morally superior to spending 25bucks on two developers each?

Or is Cherry Audio for some reason more deserving than (say) Audiority? Are we perhaps supposed to weigh in the assumed neediness of each developer when making our purchase decisions?

Assuming we spend all income on goods, I think it's a tough call to argue that one way of spending it has got a higher morale value than spending it in some other way. Is it good to purchase goods from a country with cheap labour because that way we support these labourers so that their living sutuation will improve over time or is it bad because we exploit them? Of course there's some purchasing habits where it is a little easier to make a moral verdict, but often it is not at all.

But one could argue that as soon as we hold money back - say by putting it in our matress at home (it becomes more difficult and complex when it's on a bank-account) - we do something that's morally questionable. Are you saving any money, Bones?

What it is a lot easier to say though is this:

As long as we all - each and everyone of us - is not doing as many good deeds as possible, is not spending every dollar and dime we can afford - that we don't need to secure our own survival - on charity, we all are guilty to some extent. That means basically if we purchase plugins at all instead of using the money to support the feeding of starving children, we are doing something that is morally bad - or let's say impure. This is the guilt we all have to live with and I think we at least should all be aware of it.

It's our own call though. "He who is without [any] sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”

https://www.savethechildren.org/us/what ... n-children

https://digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/ ... t=fypapers

I really should not have to mention any of that here because it's all so bloody obvious. It also really doesn't belong here. Do we not all come here to distract us from our daily routines, from all the small and big worries we may have?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Amen. But you forgot to say Halleluja, bro.

And sry but no - capitalistic Hedonism is not holy way of living 😉☝️

Without liberalistic principles you would have nothing to spend so we should value them higher than individual behaviour :|

I'm agnostic (mostly leaning towards apatheism), so you won't likely hear that from me. I might have quoted Buddha or LaVey as well, depending on the context and what arbitrarily came to my mind. :hihi:

I LOVE THIS DCO-106! It's just FUN, no fuss. Works and sounds great. Help up fine in my ROLAND VST WEEKEND FEST recently
roland.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GRUMP wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:19 pm Hedonism is not holy way of living 😉☝️
i hear that a lot.
you have no idea the holes hedonism has showed me :ud:

hole-ier than thou!

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:51 pm
GRUMP wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:19 pm Hedonism is not holy way of living 😉☝️
i hear that a lot.
you have no idea the holes hedonism has showed me :ud:

hole-ier than thou!

:hihi:

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:14 am
surreal wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:42 amWell Bones South Africa ain't Austrailia .
Hence my question.
Wedding DJ at venue which by our government Rules forced all the wedding venues and entertainment industry musos and artists and shows to be shut down for 10 months with no financial support. The venue even applied for UIF for me and the other artists, DJs and musos to no avail.. the government just turned it down.
Yeah, same thing happened here. There were very strict limits on weddings and funerals and live venues were closed for the best part of a year. Very few people in the entertainment industry were eligible for Govt support, which was a very generous $1500 a fortnight. That support finished a week ago and there are a lot of pissed off people who have to and find a job now.
can you survive on $25 Aussie dollars for a whole month Bones? Under these circumstances buying a plugin or even a preset pack is a no go Mate.. Even the institution where I renderd music therapy has been shut down and quarantined for 12mnths now so there is no income from that. Google Employment Equity in South Africa where a person is excluded from employemnt opportunities because you are a white male in an African country then you will have greater insight Into my situation...
Again, that's why I asked. As I said, it's easy to forget that things are different in different parts of the world. Sounds extremely tough, are you stuck there for the foreseeable future? Anywhere you can go, as in another country?
I am stuck at the moment but I am looking for opportunities and praying for God to show me what to do...

Anyway everyone back to topic.. Cherry Audio from the demos what I heard and youtube vids are really great. I will definitely look at buying their products when my situation changes and things become more favorable for me. They are certainly deserving of our support!
Last edited by surreal on Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 am
BONES wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 am
Your whole way of arguing and thinking here is just incredily lacking of any hint of intelligence I don't know whether to laugh or to cry - and so outrageously ignorant that it's hard to believe.

How do you know he doesn't spend the money he saves from purchasing via everyplugin on (say) some child charity? Or his friends or relatives in need? Or whatever other just cause? In fact you don't know the first thing about him, his life, his income, his financial situation and what he spends his money on. In fact it is none of your business either.

But let's assume he always spends a certain amount of money on plugins each month:
how on earth is spending 50bucks on one developer supposed to be morally superior to spending 25bucks on two developers each?

Or is Cherry Audio for some reason more deserving than (say) Audiority? Are we perhaps supposed to weigh in the assumed neediness of each developer when making our purchase decisions?

Assuming we spend all income on goods, I think it's a tough call to argue that one way of spending it has got a higher morale value than spending it in some other way. Is it good to purchase goods from a country with cheap labour because that way we support these labourers so that their living sutuation will improve over time or is it bad because we exploit them? Of course there's some purchasing habits where it is a little easier to make a moral verdict, but often it is not at all.

But one could argue that as soon as we hold money back - say by putting it in our matress at home (it becomes more difficult and complex when it's on a bank-account) - we do something that's morally questionable. Are you saving any money, Bones?

What it is a lot easier to say though is this:

As long as we all - each and everyone of us - is not doing as many good deeds as possible, is not spending every dollar and dime we can afford - that we don't need to secure our own survival - on charity, we all are guilty to some extent. That means basically if we purchase plugins at all instead of using the money to support the feeding of starving children, we are doing something that is morally bad - or let's say impure. This is the guilt we all have to live with and I think we at least should all be aware of it.

It's our own call though. "He who is without [any] sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”

https://www.savethechildren.org/us/what ... n-children

https://digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/ ... t=fypapers

I really should not have to mention any of that here because it's all so bloody obvious. It also really doesn't belong here. Do we not all come here to distract us from our daily routines, from all the small and big worries we may have?
In spite of the situation that I made Bones aware of.. I felt quite a deep satisfaction when I gave my sandwiches to an African gentlemen who was rummaging in a rubble dustbin desparely looking for food.. There is a spiritual truth and power in giving with an open hand to those less fortunate than you even if you fimd yourself in a desperate situation.. The thankfullness in this poor mans eyes when he looked and thanked me was so rewarding that for that brief 5mins of today I could just forget of my own challenges financially

Return to “Instruments”