Latest update: Syne v1.4.1 (January 16, 2023)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syne

... moved to instruments forum

Thank you, tl!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Any news?

Hi tl,
I am working on MPE support right now.
If you don't mind, I'll send you a beta version when I think it works... It would be good if more people try it before I upload an update.
Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:52 pm Hi tl,
If you don't mind, I'll send you a beta version when I think it works... It would be good if more people try it before I upload an update.
Thanks,
Attila
Sure, it would be a pleasure for me to help you...

Regards,
tl.

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:03 pm v1.06 maintenance update available.

Improvements:
  • MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support added
  • Fixed a module connection issue
  • User guide updated
YEEEHAA!

Regards,
tl.

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:52 pm Hi tl,
Thanks,
Attila
Tried the demo version latest...
MPE does not work, as soon I move my finger the sound is cut off...
Tested in Bitwig with a LinnStrument on OSX Mojave... If you fix it before 20th you'll earn $ 53 ;-)

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:23 pm MPE does not work, as soon I move my finger the sound is cut off...
Tested in Bitwig with a LinnStrument on OSX Mojave... If you fix it before 20th you'll earn $ 53 ;-)
Tj is right...
With the new version MPE doesn't work anymore.
In Bitwig and with its per VST instrument enabled MPE mode the sound cuts off very fast regardless of Syne's amp envelope settings. In Plogue Bidule decay and sustain work as usual but no pitchbend using my MPE midi controller Sensel Morph.
Can you provide us with the version before v1.1 until it's fixed?

Regards,
tl.

It is possible I messed up something... I made lots of changes for MONO modes, but I did not expect MPE would stop working because of that. I'll have a fix shortly.
Yes, of course I will send the download links to anyone who prefer the previous working version.

Thanks,
Attila

The problem with MPE has been fixed. Please download the latest update, v1.1.1.
Thanks, Tj and tl for reporting this bug!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:09 pm The problem with MPE has been fixed. Please download the latest update, v1.1.1.
Thanks, Tj and tl for reporting this bug!
Attila
Thanks, Attila.

Still testing... it seems as if different instruments with MPE and microtuning enabled have a slighty different behaviour concerning pitchbend. Madrona Labs Aalto and Rhizomatic Plasmonic sound completely identical and do a linear slide although an arabic scale is loaded, Syne's bend seems to follow the tuning and is a bit "jumpy"...

Regards,
tl.

At the moment Syne is following the tuning when pitch bend is used, but it would be possible to add a setting to do a "normal" pitch bend for MPE. That is much easier to do anyway, than taking the tuned notes into account.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:31 am At the moment Syne is following the tuning when pitch bend is used, but it would be possible to add a setting to do a "normal" pitch bend for MPE. That is much easier to do anyway, than taking the tuned notes into account.

Thanks,
Attila
A switch/option for the pitchbend behaviour would be great...

Regards,
tl.

A true microtonal bend and a normal bend feature and the possibility to choose as I can imagine using both depending on the scenario.

Regards,
tl.

Hi.
I didn't find any feature request topic in kvr forum for syne, so I'm writing here.
I know syne has it's particular workflow, which is clunky at best. Nonetheless, I see a great potential and
huge future demand in this plugin, so I just wanted to ask if there are going to be any future updates to UI, more advanced lfo and adsr for modulations, pitch automation possibility, partial grouping and automation. Maybe partial count increase and reduced noise while generating partials.
This probably sounds like buch of useless stuff I just mentioned, but I tried Syne more than a year ago I think, and wanted to just wait and see if there is going to be a major update to this. But now I don't want to wait with my opinions and unfulfilled needs that this plugin could potentially fill, because the market is so niche, but it doesn't have to be.
Thanks if you stayed through this rant, I really want to see this plugin suceed.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”