Forum layout issue

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There seems to be an issue with the forum layout in Chrome, here's an example from the Instruments forum:

kvr.jpg
Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? I also checked using Edge and it does not have this problem. I'm using Chrome 89.0.4389.72.
It's not some Chrome extension causing this, because it also happens in Chrome's guest account which does not have any extensions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No issues here...

No problems on any of my Chrome-browsered devices.

That's pretty strange, but if it's not correcting after a refresh, I'm thinking there's a graphics driver issue.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

This is very strange, because it started only 2 days ago. Before that I never had this.

It's only a few threads that have this issue:
kvr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Looks like topics with a long “About:” list that doesn't fit inside the table cell.

[edit]
Just checked: no problems in Vivaldi, but Chromium does indeed screw up.
fwiw: Chromium is version 89, Vivaldi based on 88.

[edit]
Just checked Edge (based on 88): no problem. After updating to 89: messed up.

So, definitely a rendering bug in chromium 89.

android chrome...
Screenshot_2021-03-05-14-11-09-190.jpg

it does catch up after a few seconds now, before it wouldn't, so there has been improvement :hihi:

I don't know if it's a problem on my end or anyone else's end, but I just checked by going to one of the areas to the forum, and it still looks weird.

pinbot wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:59 pm I don't know if it's a problem on my end or anyone else's end, but I just checked by going to one of the areas to the forum, and it still looks weird.
It'll look weird until Google fixes their browser.

Meanwhile, under “Customize KVR” you can tag “Don't show Products Related To Topic” which makes the “About:” line go away.

This is happening on another phpBB based forum that I use, but it's more common here. Removing the "float: left" (or changing it to "none" in the "left-box" class in the stylesheet fixes it.

If you install the Stylish extension for Chrome and add this, it will fix it:

Code: Select all

.left-box {
    float:none;
    width: auto;
    text-align: left;
    max-width: 100%;
}
[code]

I saw this issue raised in another thread, but seems to me like it's now fixed at least I haven't seen a screwed up title in Chrome the last couple of days.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

foosnark wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 pm Removing the "float: left" (or changing it to "none" in the "left-box" class in the stylesheet fixes it.
Ben should give you a tshirt.

We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Sorry if this not the place but it is related
My problem with KVR Forum is this
(Opera and Chrome, not in Firefox tho)

Return to “Site Stuff”