Repro MIDI control of next/previous preset. Feature Request!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a feature I just noticed on Arturia instruments. MIDI CC control of the "next" and "previous" preset commands. Would be very handy with my SFC-5.

Thanks!

Hey, yes that's a common request, but we have two issues with it, which so far have made us go "gaaah, let's try to sit this one out, maybe they stop asking for it..." :oops: :

- because MIDI happens in realtime threads, we can't access files upon MIDI. That's the easier issue, we can work around this, but there may be a fraction of a second of delay. (This is the reason we cache our presets in the MIDI Programs folder on plug-in instantiation time, so they're instant and don't need to be loaded from files anymore)

- more importantly today, our preset browser "lives" in the UI, so if we finally attempt to do this, it would most certainly only work while the editor window is open.

This thread reminded me i should start asking for complete MIDI implementation again. It's the most significant drawback with u-he plugins to me. Especially since i want to finish my diy controller some day.

Urs, thanks for the response!
Urs wrote: ↑Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:18 pm we can work around this, but there may be a fraction of a second of delay.
Urs wrote: ↑Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:18 pm
- more importantly today, our preset browser "lives" in the UI, so if we finally attempt to do this, it would most certainly only work while the editor window is open.
For what it's worth, I am totally OK with both of these caveats. :) It's the synth I use the most, and the only software besides Microtonic that has pushed me to buy hardware specifically for it, from another company (Soundforce).
It's just the best sounding VST, period. Any updates to usability are most welcome.

So, you've got my vote!

I'd like to add in my vote for the same. Repro-5 is the best, hands down. And mousing over for presets is not ideal.

Return to β€œu-he”