Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:43 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:40 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:26 am
ElevateAudio wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:17 am
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:16 am For most people on soundcloud/spotify etc, these utilities offer more rooms and headphones than they will get listens. Complete waste of time.

Isn't the entire plugin industry built on us buying way more than will ever be justified by listens or income??
This headphone trend seems sillier than most Another delay gives another sound/workflow/whatever. More headphones than listeners is like a special interest group. "People who listen.to headphones" akin to people who can identify individual trains by their sound. Good to have an interest.for sure but little if anything to do with music making
"More headphones than listeners is like a special interest group"...I dont understand this...please clarify
A special interest group is a group with a very specific and well defined interest. In this case the interest group I am proposing is "people who like listening to the different sound reproduction qualities of headphones"
Thats not what a special interest group is. According to Britannca "Interest group, also called special interest group, advocacy group, or pressure group, any association of individuals or organizations, usually formally organized, that, on the basis of one or more shared concerns, attempts to influence public policy in its favour." In this case no one is lobbying to mandate headphones use for music production. I think the point is being missed on this.

The Slate VSX headphone system is a product for music production that has never existed before. AFAIK its the first custom built pair of headphones specifically designed to be used with custom built software to emulate rooms and environments in order to get an ideal mix space. As a new product Slate works amazingly well to get a variety of rooms/locales in which to judge a mix. This has everything to do with music making. 181 pages of posts in this thread at Gearspace seen to agree it a game changer

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... e-181.html

The political SIG is clearly a specific type. Kvr caters for special interests in the more common, non political sense.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 am Image
Yeah, how do you do it?

elxsound wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:56 am
Hink wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 am Image
Yeah, how do you do it?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Sometimes when I post an obscure image post follows. Magic! I do certainly seem to be on a radar though, it's true.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:20 am Sometimes when I post an obscure image post follows. Magic! I do certainly seem to be on a radar though, it's true.

(Sorry, if I didn't post, it wouldn't be true!)

elxsound wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:12 am
revvy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:20 am Sometimes when I post an obscure image post follows. Magic! I do certainly seem to be on a radar though, it's true.

(Sorry, if I didn't post, it wouldn't be true!)
:)

ignore
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aren't these headphone plugins for us, not the end listeners? I personally find mixing on headphones to be tedious. Changing the room/speaker model every once in a while helps with that.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:17 am Aren't these headphone plugins for us, not the end listeners? I personally find mixing on headphones to be tedious. Changing the room/speaker model every once in a while helps with that.
I agree. I mixed it up a little bit, sorry. But personally, I don't like mixing on headphones at all. I only use them for listening through the song a couple of times during the production/mixing. These plugins might be helpful, but I find all this a bit too much to deal with. Just a matter of taste/interest I think. :)

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:17 am Aren't these headphone plugins for us, not the end listeners? I personally find mixing on headphones to be tedious. Changing the room/speaker model every once in a while helps with that.
the point of this discussion was lost way back. I'm in N.Calif and its 11pm...I figured some folks are responding while drinking

I guess other folk who took advantage of the Waldorf edition le freebie recently also got a discount code for the full version upgrade? Tempted just for attack, forgot how good it can sound.

Anyone know if it's possible to cross grade from Space Grains in the GRM Creative Bundle to the full GRM Spaces bundle?

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:12 pm Anyone know if it's possible to cross grade from Space Grains in the GRM Creative Bundle to the full GRM Spaces bundle?
Never seen such an upgrade path.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”