Favorite Synths for synthwave

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dexed :phones:

Ben wrote:What's this "Getting Started" forum?
This "Getting Started" forum should become the first port of call for anyone new to KVR and plug-ins in general. Any "what is the best" thread will live here, along with any other obvious newbie questions (if you see any appropriate in our other forums PM me the link and I'll move it here).

NOTE: Although people insist on asking what the "best" XXX is we all know that it is generally a question that is impossible to answer; "best" is a very subjective concept, but of course that won't stop people asking ;) .
Right at the top of the Forum list.........

viewforum.php?f=74
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Another vote for Super 8, that's just the sort of thing it is designed for. And if you don't want to spring for the whole Arturia collection, Analog Lab will give you thousands of presets from those instruments with plenty of opportunity to tweak them to your needs. The free version of NI's Komplete also includes a few useful things, like the Analog Dreams Kontakt instrument.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Any sound coming out of TAL U-NO-LX is instant synthwave.

Diva/Repro are other obvious choices (as any 80's analog emulation).

Korg M1/Wavestation are great for some Mitch Murder vibe.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

Tyrell N6

Waldorf PPG
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Another thread started by someone who needs to be spoonfed
Any synth from that era , then search for the software emulation of said synth .
Lazy buggers
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Stranger things main theme was made with a juno 6 or juno 60

You should look at this emulations:
-Cherry Audio DCO 106 (19$ at this moment)
-TAL U-NO-LX (60$)
-Arturia Jun-6V (Single license but also included in V Collection 8)
-Roland Juno 60 (Roland Cloud)

Arturia's V-Collection has a lot of vintage synth emulations, like the prophet one which also was used in Stranger things OST.

I could suggest you VITAL also, it's free and if you go to their Discord server you'll find a lot of presets, you may ask them for synthwave presets.

EDIT: you may should download the TAL-CHORUS-LX and use it with any Analog-Substractive Synth also to get a juno vibe.

All the best for your future projects :)

Any synth 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 am Any synth 🤷‍♂️
The most accurate answer so far :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:11 am
ramseysounds wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 am Any synth 🤷‍♂️
The most accurate answer so far :)
Blindingly obvious to me :hihi: :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Obsession, The Legend, PhonicCM, Ana2.

Korg polysix VST/RE and the fat bass line preset for a quick synthwave bass.

Have we named all the synths yet? Keep going almost there!

TAL U-NO-LX

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”