DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Thanks for the update. I had to think a little to figure out the "bank" button got it

Dudeeee thank you so much for the push script. Loving what must be the raindrop sequencer..... Having just come across it I have a few workflow questions, but I will prod around and scoure the manual before posting them up.

Peace!

dupont wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:02 am With APC40 mk2, if I click shift and right arrow bank select, it focus 8 tracks up but APC quits session mode and enter play mode ?
How to stay in session mode ?
Nobody noticed this with APC40 MKII :!:
I planned a like session for tomorrow, I would like to find a solution.

if i click shit + right select bank arrow in order move to next 8 tracks block and APC enter play mode : not expected behavior
:help:

I made a video, at the beginning, right select bank arrow select next track expected behavior
after shit + right select bank arrow APC40 in play mode : not expected behavior (or I missed something).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWdtbe ... sp=sharing
In Drivenbymoss manual, it is written
• Shift+Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up

Hello, I think I found a bug with the Launchpad Pro mkI when in session mode using the momentary switches at the bottom. For example holding record arm, arming the track and releasing record arm brings me into note-view rather than bringing me back to session-view. The toggle works correctly.

DrivenByMoss 11.7.3 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • New: Newly added tracks now get a color.
  • APC40/mkII
    • Fixed: Switching track bank in session mode did leave session mode.
  • Komplete Kontrol MkI
    • Fixed: Linux: Fixed USB access rights in rules file.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Incorrect and missing on-screen notifications when cursor buttons were used.
    • Fixed: LED state of scene scroll buttons was incorrect in scene mode.
    • Fixed: If temporary modes were used in session mode, session mode was left on button release.
  • Push
    • New: Added some more VST plugins to the favorite menus.
    • New: Tracks added via the favorite menu now get the name of the plugin.
Enjoy!

Are you aware of any technical limitation that would prevent (or limit) adding Arturia Minilab Mk2 to the extension? I haven't found many resources about it's programmability, but I also wonder if all its buttons send midi data.

giohappy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:08 pm Are you aware of any technical limitation that would prevent (or limit) adding Arturia Minilab Mk2 to the extension? I haven't found many resources about it's programmability, but I also wonder if all its buttons send midi data.
For this simple device the Generic Flexi should do the job.

giohappy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:08 pm Are you aware of any technical limitation that would prevent (or limit) adding Arturia Minilab Mk2 to the extension? I haven't found many resources about it's programmability, but I also wonder if all its buttons send midi data.
The original Minilab script included in Bitwig kind-of-works with the Mk2.

And there's also a couple of alternative scripts for it on Github :

https://github.com/chrenn/minilab-mk2-bitwig

https://github.com/Nettsu/minilab-mkII-bitwig

These worked fine in BW v2.5 but I haven't tested them in v3+.

moss wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 pm DrivenByMoss 11.7.3 is online!
Hey man! Again big thanks for your hard work :tu:
I still have some annoying bugs with LEDs on Push2.

1) Add an Instrument Track and duplicate it until LEDs on Push2 stops to glow.
To work properly you need to re-select the track. Something like bank change problem.
video1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/18ifafwo856kv4v/1.mov?dl=0

2) You can see how LEDs stop to glow sometimes when i switch between instrument tracks inside/outside of group. It happens all the time with me when i try to add instrument track in big project. LEDs on Push2 not glow up until i re-select the track.
video2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l51trpap7i79e73/2.mov?dl=0

artsense wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:17 am
Hey man! Again big thanks for your hard work :tu:
I still have some annoying bugs with LEDs on Push2.

1) Add an Instrument Track and duplicate it until LEDs on Push2 stops to glow.
To work properly you need to re-select the track. Something like bank change problem.
video1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/18ifafwo856kv4v/1.mov?dl=0

2) You can see how LEDs stop to glow sometimes when i switch between instrument tracks inside/outside of group. It happens all the time with me when i try to add instrument track in big project. LEDs on Push2 not glow up until i re-select the track.
video2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l51trpap7i79e73/2.mov?dl=0
Yes, I am aware of these. Sometimes Bitwig does not update the track page, e.g. when you add new tracks. I reported it but so far I guess it got drowned in the noise :-)

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

APC40/mkII

Fixed: Switching track bank in session mode did leave session mode.

Enjoy!
Thanks for fixing. Last 8 tracks block does not fully scroll on mac screeen but I suppose it is a Bitwig issue.

Hi,

I've recently purchased the Icon Platform M+ and using the DrivenByMoss extension but have an issue with the Zoom option. I can Zoom out ok but when I try to Zoom in (having Zoomed out) it moves the arrangement window along whilst Zooming In takes the clip I am Zooming in to out of view and I then have to scroll back which can then also be problematic.

I know that without using the DbM extension the Zoom function with the Icon Platform M+ does not work at all in the arrangement window of Bitwig, so at least the DbM goes some way to rectifying that.

Anyone else having this issue.

Cheers
Neil

macisbac wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:40 pm Hi,

I've recently purchased the Icon Platform M+ and using the DrivenByMoss extension but have an issue with the Zoom option. I can Zoom out ok but when I try to Zoom in (having Zoomed out) it moves the arrangement window along whilst Zooming In takes the clip I am Zooming in to out of view and I then have to scroll back which can then also be problematic.

I know that without using the DbM extension the Zoom function with the Icon Platform M+ does not work at all in the arrangement window of Bitwig, so at least the DbM goes some way to rectifying that.

Cheers
Neil
Yeah, that annoys me too. The problem is that there is no zoom function in the API and this simply triggers the same zoom action as from the keyboard which has this ugly behaviour.

Munaki wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:23 am
moss wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm
Munaki wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:26 pm Hello,
i recently purchase PUSH 2 for use in Bitwig. It would be amazing to be able use 16 velocities for sequencer? Right now is not very convenient to make changes of volume. Long press and change volume is not usefull for quick volume editing. way via accent is better, but you also need to set accented volu first, with is not very fast.
Anyway thank you very much for your work, it is magic!
Jan
Could you describe how you envision it to work?
I meant 16 velocities for drum sequencer from Ableton, or Akai Force. It would make big difference for me personally, in terms of speed and fluidity of work. And maybe to include dim of pads in sequence to shine according to velocity (but i suspect this is not possible, because is not happening also in Ableton).

+1 pleas please please 16 different Velocitys for the Drum Sequencer Mode... that would be amazing. :)
Maybe even only 8 velocity pads are enough so there would be still 2 lanes for the loop length left ?!

Jürgen do you have a patreon page or sth similar where i can support you a bit ?? you already made my life so much easier with the push for bitwig script so i def wanny give sth back to you :clap:

moss wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:11 am
macisbac wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:40 pm Hi,

Cheers
Neil
Yeah, that annoys me too. The problem is that there is no zoom function in the API and this simply triggers the same zoom action as from the keyboard which has this ugly behaviour.
Ah right, thanks for the reply. So I assume this is also the case with the Icon Qcon Pros as well then?

Return to “Controller Scripting”