Softube Lil FrEq & Mike-E Comp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The_Ogre wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:12 am
theviirus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:14 am I was looking for a Distressor emulation and I found SKNote's Disto-S. Tried it out a few years back. It was very fun and very easy to get results with; the autolevel features speed up gainstaging . Im also a Soundtoys user and it really makes me think of Devil-loc Deluxe but with more controls. I think its worth the $50.

Also, for being a Console 1 user, I just absolutely dont feel much enthusiasm for any of the Console 1 expansions. The default SSL4000E just gives me great results.
Hey mate, are you liking the Disto-S so far? I'm looking for a Distressor like plugin, but don't know nothing about Sknote (just what I see in foruns, which is normally a hate / love relationship), but I can't afford the one from Softube or UAD right now, maybe in a mid-term future.
LOVE IT. Been loving it for as long as I've had it. I've also passed up the recent offerings from Softube AND the discount price for the new version of Arousor. I get what I need from Disto-S for now.

theviirus wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 am LOVE IT. Been loving it for as long as I've had it. I've also passed up the recent offerings from Softube AND the discount price for the new version of Arousor. I get what I need from Disto-S for now.
Awesome! I think I'll must give it a try. I like the idea to have another characterful compressor in my arsenal, to not rely exclusively on the 1176 for that job. Definitely want to try the Softube one, as they tend to do top notch plugins, but I'll wait for a sale in the future. The Arousor is/was at sale, but requiring an iLok dongle or iLok cloud is a turn off to me. Don't have pretension to buy a dongle, and don't want to depend on the internet connection, as I turn off my internet connection when I'm producing. I don't understand why the offline computer licensing is not available. One less sale for them.
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

The_Ogre wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:36 pm
theviirus wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 am LOVE IT. Been loving it for as long as I've had it. I've also passed up the recent offerings from Softube AND the discount price for the new version of Arousor. I get what I need from Disto-S for now.
Awesome! I think I'll must give it a try. I like the idea to have another characterful compressor in my arsenal, to not rely exclusively on the 1176 for that job. Definitely want to try the Softube one, as they tend to do top notch plugins, but I'll wait for a sale in the future. The Arousor is/was at sale, but requiring an iLok dongle or iLok cloud is a turn off to me. Don't have pretension to buy a dongle, and don't want to depend on the internet connection, as I turn off my internet connection when I'm producing. I don't understand why the offline computer licensing is not available. One less sale for them.
FYI

If you use a dongle or computer authorization (if available) of ilok then offline is available. The only time you need to be online with ilok are with monthly subscriptions (requires a monthly update) or ZDT (zero downtime) refresh which is 90 days.

I was originally against having a dongle, but then as my investments grew and the vst I wanted were ilok only. Now with years of investment having a tool that curbs piracy, allows developers to have revenue and I have piece of mind if I lose or damage it.

Not for everyone, but it works for me.

I must read more about the iLok, to understand these things you pointed out. I'm not against its use, I have a lot of plugins that require iLok licensing to work, but all of them let you licensing to the computer. But I don't have the intention, today, of use the dongle, and some plugins, like Slate ones and Arousor, seems to require the dongle or cloud connection.
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

The_Ogre wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:36 pm … Definitely want to try the Softube one, as they tend to do top notch plugins, but I'll wait for a sale in the future. The Arousor is/was at sale, but requiring an iLok dongle or iLok cloud is a turn off to me…
Love the quality of Softube plug-ins but Mike-E, and even the Weiss DS-1, are way more than I’m willing to spend for software tools.
The_Ogre wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:55 pm I must read more about the iLok, to understand these things you pointed out. I'm not against its use, …
i used to have similar concerns about ilok.

i bought soundtoys in 2015; zero issues with ilok. softube stuff; zero issues. console 1; zero issues. sonnox inflator; zero issues even with the cloud activation thing. transferring licenses to a new mac; zero issues.
second hand licenses; zero issues but $25 a license transfer does make me consider my purchases a little more carefully. new pulsar audio Mu and 1178; zero issues.

i’ve also never used a physical ilok so that might be a big factor. ELIs move away from physical ilok does make me reconsider Arousor but, again, i’m ok with Disto-S for now.

theviirus wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:10 pm i’ve also never used a physical ilok so that might be a big factor. ELIs move away from physical ilok does make me reconsider Arousor but, again, i’m ok with Disto-S for now.
Exactly this! I haven't had any issue so far using iLok, but anything that don't let me use the "machine license", but requires the dongle or the cloud, I move away.

Return to “Effects”