Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

Nope, usually in that case song position pointer is emulated and constantly runs in the background.

Alright, that makes sense then. :)

Did it get updated to work on hi DPI screens yet?

Where can you download 1.7.3?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 pm Where can you download 1.7.3?
V1.7.4 is the latest for Windows. You log into your Waldorf account and download it from there.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:54 pm
V1.7.4 is the latest for Windows. You log into your Waldorf account and download it from there.
I'm getting crashes with 1.7.4 in every DAW I try in Win10. I want to d/l earlier releases and see if I can troubleshoot the problem.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 pm
I'm getting crashes with 1.7.4 in every DAW I try in Win10. I want to d/l earlier releases and see if I can troubleshoot the problem.
Do you have multiple user accounts, by chance? If so, and, if you are logged on as a normal user (not an admin user) in Windows 10, try to copy the Waldorf folder from the admin's AppData/Roaming folder to you user's AppData/Roaming folder. There is a bug where the installer doesn't install that folder for all users, and, if you happen to have a user with normal user rights (not admin user rights), and you start your DAW as that user, Largo doesn't find the files in that folder, causing the DAW to crash. At least that's what happened here, when I still had a normal user account. I'm always admin now, to prevent such UAC mess...

I told them about that per email once, but, they never fixed it.

How do I set up my Win 10 to be full admin?

You can either create a new user with admin rights, or give your current user admin rights.

See here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 915af2a34d

If you don't have any other persons using your computer, you may want to use a single user account.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 pm
Do you have multiple user accounts, by chance? If so, and, if you are logged on as a normal user (not an admin user) in Windows 10, try to copy the Waldorf folder from the admin's AppData/Roaming folder to you user's AppData/Roaming folder. There is a bug where the installer doesn't install that folder for all users, and, if you happen to have a user with normal user rights (not admin user rights), and you start your DAW as that user, Largo doesn't find the files in that folder, causing the DAW to crash. At least that's what happened here, when I still had a normal user account. I'm always admin now, to prevent such UAC mess...

I told them about that per email once, but, they never fixed it.
Great stuff! This seems to have worked for me. Well the VST3 works perfectly but the VST2 dll is still prone to crashing.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

:tu:

Can't tell why the VST2 still crashes though. Might be a different problem.

I need Largo to go on sale 😭

ferez21 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:40 am I need Largo to go on sale 😭
I’ll get it to you for $50? :)

simmo75 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:46 am
ferez21 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:40 am I need Largo to go on sale 😭
I’ll get it to you for $50? :)
Thanks for the offer, where is it being sold for $50 right now? Or did you mean that you are selling your own copy?

I know that in AudioPluginDeals they have it on sale for $29 from time to time, I hope the next one is soon.

Return to “Instruments”