Xpand! 2 is now ready for Catalina & Big Sur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xpand!2

Examigan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:36 pm Still can't resize the display?
No and after all these years of people asking....no, begging for larger GUIs it's pretty apparent they aren't ever going to happen. Especially now when their plugins like XPand2 routinely sell for $9.99 or less. :?
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think I have a free license (offered online at one point) besides my own that I have here. Still, would like a re-sizable display.
Right now it's ok. But what if I end up buying a 4K display? It would be tiny.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:45 am Sloppy, sloppy... If they can't be bothered to make a decent changelog...
The lack of a changelog infuriated me as well. I installed the latest version with no issues; IIRC, I managed to skip the re-installation of Pace License Support Win64. Still, the .dll VST seems to be exactly the same. So, I guess the ".2" in the version number just stands for Catalina/Big Sur compatibility and the difference in included iLok installer?
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

Where do I get the download links for this update?

surreal wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:51 am Where do I get the download links for this update?
https://www.airmusictech.com/product/xpand2#updates

Seems to run fine on M1

producerspot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:15 am A long-awaited update
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:03 am
No and after all these years of people asking....no, begging for larger GUIs it's pretty apparent they aren't ever going to happen. Especially now when their plugins like XPand2 routinely sell for $9.99 or less. :?
Seriously I though it's abanadonware and the development team no longer exists. How comes they can issue an update but not actually improve the product over many years? :scared:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:13 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:03 am
Seriously I though it's abanadonware and the development team no longer exists. How comes they can issue an update but not actually improve the product over many years? :scared:
Maybe they did the minimum to maintain their relationship with plugin sellers and keep some money coming in.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:13 pm Seriously I though it's abanadonware and the development team no longer exists. How comes they can issue an update but not actually improve the product over many years? :scared:
I don't know. Corporate thinking I guess. :shrug:
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:17 pm Maybe they did the minimum to maintain their relationship with plugin sellers and keep some money coming in.
I think you're probably right. They're doing just enough to be able to keep selling the plugins without investing anything in further development.

As long as they're selling them for only $9.99 and people keep buying them.... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sinisterbr wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:57 pm
producerspot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:15 am A long-awaited update
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The long awaited update that was not the update that was long awaited :)

Is it mac M1 native compatible yet ?

vad.martyn wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:47 pm Is it mac M1 native compatible yet ?
I highly doubt that will ever happen...

Return to “Instruments”