What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:08 pm
khanyz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 pm Orchid Electronics Dual Isolator, to further complicate my recording setup.
Looks like a handy piece of kit with multiple uses. Pyle also produces one.

I use a small stereo idolater before a cable that sums stereo to mono, it eliminates noise from computers.
I use it to protect equipment as much as reduce noise, particularly between Guitar/DIY/Consumer kit and pro gear. I get all my utility stuff, like DI’s and Isolators from Orchid as the Price/Performance is great and they customise too. I got a Mic Mute pedal fitted with a switchable Lundahl transformer, to isolate/protect, for my acoustic. It’s an engineer’s dream, totally great.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 pmNice, you seem very generous, hat's off to you.
Yeah well, when he finally has a little surplus on his account, he compulsively buys computer parts and try to sell home made gaming PCs or spends them on weed, so it is not like I have much of a choice if I want to get things done. It is okay, though. No problem.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IncarnateX wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 pmNice, you seem very generous, hat's off to you.
Yeah well, when he finally has a little surplus on his account, he compulsively buy computer parts and try to sell home made gaming PCs or spends them on weed, so it is not like I have much of a choice if I want to get things done. It is okay, though. No problem.
see i was right, same as my band.

The band and you or just the band? :hihi:

:angel: :oops:

Weed prices are inflated, it's just vegetables, also why am I not allowed to grow more than 1 plant?
Things went wrong twice this year, I had to start over and over, my plant will remain tiny.

I'm thinking about picking up the Walrus Slo and Julia. Anything I should be wary of?

Ordered a Mode Machines MM-9 Power Brick on sale at Gear4Music
https://www.gear4music.com/G4M/Mode-Mac ... Brick/2OOG

£30 seems cheap for a compact power supply with an 18V output. Their own SubZero one is £40.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Recently sold my 20 year old PRS CU24 due to weight... but also due to changes in my playing and needs over the past 20 years. The neck is too thick and the radius is too round. It was hard to part ways... But I made up for it by replacing with a Strandberg Boden Metal Neck Thru 2020. No I don't play metal but I love high output pickups thru my amp. They really push the front end and make it sing (especially on the clean channel). Weight under 5 pounds!!! Amazing for the back and shoulders. The endure neck profile is heavenly for the ergonomics and my hands/forearms never tire even after 3+hours. And the multi scale/fan frets are an easy and almost instant adjustment.. Seriously about 30 minutes and I didn't even notice. In fact, after 1 day of playing, I have a hard time on my Jem because the frets feel like they lean the wrong way... HAHA very disconcerting. All in all the guitar has multiple fit and finish issues (as it is an Indonesia model and not a Japanese model and they do not impact the perfect intonation and playability) BUT they are easily overlooked for the amazing difference this guitar has made on my body when playing for any long period of time (I still play for hours/day). Oh yeah... and its purple! I sold a purple guitar to buy my PRS. What comes around...

I'm seriously thinking about a Boss Katana 30w.

Most of my playing is unaccompanied fingerstyle. Without the extra's of drums and bass it can sound thin at lower levels. Katana's as well as all roland/boss products have an unnatural bass response. Realism at that wattage is actually served better with a Yamaha THR (I already own a THR10-C) The Katana also has built in od/distortion effects included which is lacking in THR's.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Just bought my American strat today, can’t put it away yet. Was looking for a les Paul but this strat got to me when I went to pick up a pedal the other day. I could not stop thinking about it, so I had to get it today. My minilogue xd had to go though... ( traded it in)

Edit: oh by the way the pedal I went to pick up was the boss waza craft dm-2w

New strings. :)

Just ordered a Digitech Drop pedal. Mostly because I now have a Master Effects Martyr pedal which is a Marshall 8100 preamps OD1 and OD2 channels. 90’s metal. I’ve got Marshall sounds for 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s but no longer use light top heavy bottom strings and tune in standard all the time. Looks like the Drop pedal should be good for a couple steps lower without any noticeable artifacts. Nice for my 10-46 sets and nice for my Floyd Rose guitar.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Kindle tuition books by Fundamental Changes are on sale at Amazon from £4.97
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=fundamenta ... owse-bin_1
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

IncarnateX wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:29 pm Boss SY-1 Guitar synth for my band mate. Nice tone, I must say. Already got him Digitech Elements and Zoom G1on.
Can I join your band?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Return to “Guitars”