Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That’s weird af. I bought SD3 off him too and verified with Toontrack and they said it was legit. I have been emailing back and forth with him for a few weeks too, seems a nice guy. I will ask him. Stolen credit cards?

tomheavybeats wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:40 am Stolen credit cards?
That's how he does it apparently from what I've seen. After a few months the license gets revoked when the fraud is filed. He keeps the money and you lose your license.

Doesn’t PayPal protect us? I paid using goods and services so we should be fine right?

Paypal may protect if you're getting screwed ; but you eventually only get screwed when/if the society, who sold to the card jacker the license, gets annoyed by the original credit card's owner bank, and does revoke the license.

Well I lost my case against a known scammer that I had proof against. I honestly thought paying with PayPal goods and services would cover me. What a total shambles. PayPal told me they are not a law enforcement agency. They also claim it’s a warranty issue if I get my license revoked, which they don’t cover. Apparently a seller buying licenses with stolen credit cards and selling them on is a warranty issue wtf so angry

Remember: not even paying with ‘goods and services’ covers you, let my case above be a warning. Do not post WTB ads, that was my mistake. Last time I buy off forums from anyone without a clear history of buying and selling safely

So I was checking out a seller that sells SoundToys, FabFilter and some other stuff. Seemed like a very real person, commented on the posts, was looking to buy as well. I asked him to add me on FB so I could verify his account and he ghosted me, so I did a reverse image search and found that he took his profile pic from some couples blog and the background image from some studio in LA. When I confronted him in the group, he deleted his posting. He's selling from this FB account and this knobcloud account. Currently still selling Fabfilter stuff on knobcloud, I wrote to them and the admins of the FB group. If you think you might have purchased from him, I have some more screenshots, cause he's deleting stuff now. Man f these guys...

I posted a WTB a few days ago and got a response from a brand new user who signed up this morning lol.

This is what he pm’d me:
Have you checked with James via jr9holmes @gmail.com,he has a Softube Chandler Germanium he wants to part with.

His username is 9timer

Probably just trying to be helpful right 😂😂😂

dez81 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:52 pm I posted a WTB a few days ago and got a response from a brand new user who signed up this morning lol.

This is what he pm’d me:
Have you checked with James via jr9holmes @gmail.com,he has a Softube Chandler Germanium he wants to part with.

His username is 9timer

I also received this message (the VST is different :) ). Reported.

becseigy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:56 pm
dez81 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:52 pm I posted a WTB a few days ago and got a response from a brand new user who signed up this morning lol.

This is what he pm’d me:

His username is 9timer

I also received this message (the VST is different :) ). Reported.
also received this, different VST.

Same scam from 9timer

I'm getting odd messages from a brand new user, Trashtimmy808. They offered to pay more than double for my Komplete Ultimate, and they keep trying to get me to dm them on Discord (@Timon#8969). Avoid

I guess I've been scammed from user @popcornsic who has been already banned, so I guess I was not the only one. My bad I didn't check the status and payed F&F for the low amount.

It is ok! It was resolved! sorry! :oops:

I had that once too... can't for the life of me remember now though what was the reason. I only remember that the money got transferred regularly after a few days.

Edit: Just saw now that it has been resolved for you. Nevermind then. :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”