Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Volume C is out!

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pr ... nnavolumec

27 speaker systems, including audiophile monitors and consumer devices.

JazJazgot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:51 am This is nowhere close to a poor bedroom studio even. I'm glad that you have trial.
After spending much more time with trial version, I completely changed my mind. I think, Sienna is simply superior compared to other similar products. I just bought it and all addons.
I'm having a lot of fun!

:)

I like Volume B studios , especially Spitfire. And I use it with Sonarworks for correction.

Dan Berg wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:06 pm I like Volume B studios , especially Spitfire. And I use it with Sonarworks for correction.
Are you using Sonarworks at the same time as Sienna?

plexuss wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:32 pm
Dan Berg wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:06 pm I like Volume B studios , especially Spitfire. And I use it with Sonarworks for correction.
Yes, before Sienna, but without a headphone profile (I don't like the sound of that). I have Sonarworks with headphone correction, it seems to me that this is more accurate.

Dan Berg wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Yes, before Sienna, but without a headphone profile (I don't like the sound of that). I have Sonarworks with headphone correction, it seems to me that this is more accurate.
Unsure. AA says not to use a correction between the headphones and Sienna. They specifically say Sienna works best with thier headphone correction only. however who knows - whatever sounds best to you is the way to go. I personally did not find Sienna useful. I also use Sonarworks for headphones and monitors and dont have a need for a environment simulator.

Dan Berg wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:49 pm
i do the same, i load a flat profile to correct my headphone curve and then NX or studio 3.
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:48 pm Unsure. AA says not to use a correction between the headphones and Sienna. They specifically say Sienna works best with thier headphone correction only. however who knows - whatever sounds best to you is the way to go. I personally did not find Sienna useful. I also use Sonarworks for headphones and monitors and dont have a need for a environment simulator.
I used Waves Nx before, but now I like Sienna better. I also use Sonarworks for monitors and check the sound on these "studios".

I was skeptical first about Sienna and made the move finally. It really helps here and there with the approach of mixing.

Hey guys, one question here. I tend to do all my work on reference monitors, and normally use the headphones just in a later process, as one of my 'conference points' for my mixing (I get tired too soon working exclusively on headphones). So, even knowing this plugin is more related to use with headphones, does it work somehow with monitors too? I still don't use any "correction" plugin for neither of them, so I'm checking all the possibilities before, avoiding overbuy more of the same (I don't think I'll need two - or more - correction plugins).

I wasn't paying much attention to this, and it's intro sale will ends tomorrow. So, if I'll buy the Sienna, would be glad to take advantage of this sale.

OBS.: I already checked, and my headphone is on the list!
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

The_Ogre wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:09 am Hey guys, one question here. I tend to do all my work on reference monitors, and normally use the headphones just in a later process, as one of my 'conference points' for my mixing (I get tired too soon working exclusively on headphones). So, even knowing this plugin is more related to use with headphones, does it work somehow with monitors too? I still don't use any "correction" plugin for neither of them, so I'm checking all the possibilities before, avoiding overbuy more of the same (I don't think I'll need two - or more - correction plugins).

I wasn't paying much attention to this, and it's intro sale will ends tomorrow. So, if I'll buy the Sienna, would be glad to take advantage of this sale.

OBS.: I already checked, and my headphone is on the list!
To me, Sienna is a gimmick. It's a fun and pleasurable gimmick. And for that I may buy it. Much like say Goodhertz CanOpener. I would never do any critical listening work with either Sienna or CanOpener however - this including any mixing and mastering! To me their use is more for fun to get a different listening experience. Not for critical audio work. YMWV

Return to “Effects”