Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Hi,

Thank you for your help.
Actually yes, we had problem with this sale...
I think we're both honest.
For my part, I can only see an upgrade license on my account. Ableton will surely help us.
In January, I bought a lite 10 to standard 10 upgrade with free standard 11 update.
That's why I asked you if it was possible to have two licences on a same account.

See you.

lpr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 pm
dayjob wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:48 pm
lpr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:55 pm
Mb8199 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:28 pmThank you !
Recently sold Live 11 Suite to this guy. He's claiming I sold him an upgrade from standard to suite. Could you guys confirm this is the full Live11 Suite and not an "upgrade" which you cannot transfer anyways. Here's my screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/BIdmKXr
it says "Upgrade" right in your screen grab. looks like you need to send him the serial numbers for the live 10 upgrade and live lite 10 so he has the entire serial number path.

but that's just how i see it. could be wrong. why not ask ableton?
We are asking Ableton. I upgraded from Live 10 Lite to Live 10 Suite which then upgraded to Live 11 Suite. There is nothing in my account. There was only a place to transfer Live 11 Suite in the transfer section. There was no delay in the transfer either. It was immediate. I thought they usually had to be approved by Ableton?
If it's your first time selling the license it's automatic.

They only verify it manually if you've already done that in the past.

If I was to sell my license - I bought 10 Suite with free 11 upgrade - I'd also be selling "Live 11 Suite (Upgrade)" because that's the only license I see in my account, even though I started with 10.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I don't think you can sell only the upgrade without the base with Ableton!

Yep. Based on the screenshot the guy sent to me he got my licenses (Ableton Live Lite 10, Live Suite 10 and Live Suite 11 (Upgrade)). He somehow lost his Ableton 11 Standard license. He did mention selling he was planning to sell it to a friend. I dunno what's going on but he's showing me he does not have the standard license in his account. I'm sure Ableton will sort this all out though.

(I'm the guy. ;) )
I also think. The licenses probably merged cause I had the same licences as you.

Mb8199 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:34 am (I'm the guy. ;) )
I also think. The licenses probably merged cause I had the same licences as you.
That's what I'm thinking as well. Let's wait and find out from Ableton. I'm eager to hear what has happened. Spoke with a friend here lately that had problem with licenses and they got him sorted out the next day! I think with the Live 11 rollout there's been some snafus lately.

PieBerger wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:58 am I've barely used Live 11 since I got Bitwig, but I'm happy to see my upgrade money being put to good use at least :)
Crazy

Caleb9 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm
PieBerger wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:58 am I've barely used Live 11 since I got Bitwig, but I'm happy to see my upgrade money being put to good use at least :)
Crazy
It's not so crazy. I went back to Live this weekend to polish off a track for release. I haven't and likely won't completely abandon it, but neither am I particularly excited to get really into it. While I still have outstanding Live projects that are too tedious to migrate over, I will continue to use it to get the job done, but long term I see myself using it less and less. If there are improvements over the next 12 months, I will feel I still got reasonable value of money.

I've had a taste for everything I love about Live with none of the compromises and since it is highly unlikely that they will ever rewrite the program from the ground up, to fix stuff that is broken at a low level, like the PDC and how plugins are handled in general i.e. lack of sandboxing, disabling plugins doesn't prevent reporting of latency etc. I just don't know why I would go back to using it. There are some cool Max4Live devices that I like, but as soon as the Grid has MIDI out and a few other utility modules, I'll be able to recreate them and I won't even be pulled to Live anymore to use them.
Always Read the Manual!

my recent experience jamming with v.11suite is that . . . I'm not really using ANY vsti or vst efx in my plug in file

none

I can twist-up fun, interesting and easy to manipulate native devices without them. Even my beloved Valhalla verbs getting zero play against the new Hybrid Verb
& my "overall latency" is under 7ms with the MOTU M2 !
I did have a weird issue with audio sample files disappearing(yikes)but I think that was user error in how I previously use & re-use templates
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

The new Hybred Verb is indeed excellent. Good new Video on it here
https://youtu.be/V_PtNGowT-0
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yeah Ableton's Hybrid Reverb is a Valhalla Reverb killer IMO.

I think Ableton Suite had about everything u could ever need .

fedexnman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:59 pm I think Ableton Suite had about everything u could ever need .
no bottle opener. fail.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The only time I go outside of Live is for Kontakt. And then only for realistic sample libraries.

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm The only time I go outside Live is for Kontakt
I hear yah :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”