Avid Mbox 2.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought it, I think in a moment of..............I don´t know, blackout or so.
I am sue it does not run with Cubase 9 or any modern DAW exept Protools, but may be I am wrong.

I installed the latest driver I could find, but says nothing beeing activated in Cubase.
Should I give it away on ebay again or is it possible to work with Cubase?

Cheers
classic

Can't tell you why Cubase doesn't like it. But the MBox2 & MBox3 I have are listed in all the installed DAWs as ASIO (PT, FL, Studio One, Reaper)

I had one many years ago and it worked with other DAWs. Which OS and audio drivers (e.g., Core Audio, ASIO4ALL, etc) are you using?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

OS?

If I werent WFH, I'd have one hooked up to my Win10 work laptop. Ive used it with PT, Bidule, Tracktion and suchlike.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It works with Cubase, there’s glitch on Windows with playing audio files if using ASIO drivers tho.

It should work with most DAW’s on Windows 8.1 and lower, also on OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and lower.

MuLab doesn’t want to work with ASIO drivers also, but work with WDM, MME and the likes.

I’m happy with mine MBox 2 Mini with latest Bitwig on Windows 8.1.
Last edited by Passing Bye on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is listed and I can use it as an input, but Cubase says, Audio Output not conected.

Can you connect it manually?

I told cubase to use the avid box as standard input and changend the output setting to: Stereo out as main mix. Now it says to both, input and outputs are conected. But ...........well, no sounds out of my Headphones.

When looking at my USB devices it shows the MBox in Windows, but says no driver.
Strange.

So far, I got it managed, to find the right driver and install it.
All the little lights on the box did show up suddenly.
No, Cubase shows the MBox and I was abel to select it and its driver for use in Cubase.
Still, there is no playback sound out of this little box and I can´t figure out, why.
Any ideas?

Maybe your mix knob on the box isn’t letting anything pass trough headphone out?

I crankt it all to the right and it does not change a thing.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”