AIR LOOM vs LOOM2 -- is it worth the extra 10 bucks for the v2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Etienne1973 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:04 pm AIR Loom II for $4.99 at JRR right now.
Thanks for that one!
Edit: purchased and installed ... best 4.99 spent in a while :party:
Last edited by atya on Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

starflakeprj wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:18 pm
ElVincente wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:38 pm Does anyone knows if loom 2 can coexist with loom 1 ?
No, IIRC the Loom 2 installer removes v1. So I guess they also share the same ID.
I've had both of them installed for more than a year, and I have some projects with both of them in it. Haven't had a problem. In my case, Loom I is a 32-bit VST2 plug-in, while Loom II is a 64-bit VST2 plug-in. They don't use the same VST ID.

Loom.jpg

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Etienne1973 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:04 pm AIR Loom II for $4.99 at JRR right now.
Thanks! I installed Classic because it was cheap in pluginboutique. It sounded so good that I regretted I did not buy II. So this offer was perfect for me and I got II.

Now, is there any advantage in keeping Classic, provided that I do not have older presets? In Reaper I would need to tweak something to have both available (I do not like to go with the 32-bit trick).

I have been good at not buying plugins for ages but this is just too tempting. I remember online discussions about VSTs ever becoming the same price as video games, and how it was unrealistic because a much smaller market (which is true). Somehow they are now getting in the same ballpark as video games price wise, at least after the initial release period.

planetearth wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:14 am
starflakeprj wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:18 pm
ElVincente wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:38 pm Does anyone knows if loom 2 can coexist with loom 1 ?
No, IIRC the Loom 2 installer removes v1. So I guess they also share the same ID.
I've had both of them installed for more than a year, and I have some projects with both of them in it. Haven't had a problem. In my case, Loom I is a 32-bit VST2 plug-in, while Loom II is a 64-bit VST2 plug-in. They don't use the same VST ID.

Loom.jpg

Steve
Ok, I'm pretty sure the installer removed my Loom I installation, but I had the 64-bit version installed, which might be why.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

After having played with the upgrade for a couple hours I'll have to add Loom II to my list of 'best' sounding synths in a neighbouring thread.

just hit that random button a few times - it comes up with some amazing noises :)

https://airmusictech.onfastspring.com/BlackFriday

Loom II + The Riser + Hybrid 3.0 -> $9.99

waltercruz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:31 am https://airmusictech.onfastspring.com/BlackFriday

Interesting, this link is still working, I'm wondering if i should go for it since it seems that Loom 2 is being sold for $49 everywhere else.
I saw a video that someone makes Loom sound like a vocoder, is ther a built in vocoder?
Screenshot_20210414-144203.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ferez21 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:43 am
waltercruz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:31 am https://airmusictech.onfastspring.com/BlackFriday

Interesting, this link is still working, I'm wondering if i should go for it since it seems that Loom 2 is being sold for $49 everywhere else.
I saw a video that someone makes Loom sound like a vocoder, is ther a built in vocoder?

Screenshot_20210414-144203.png
There's no vocoder built into Loom II. And keep in mind that if you're on Windows 10 or a Mac with Catalina or Big Sur, AIR Music Tech is having problems with some of their products either installing or just crashing the DAW -- or the entire OS. You may want to check out AIR's page here on KVR.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

LOOM2 works great on my win10 machine - I'm selling it at the moment or giving it away in a bundle. I like it quite a bit but I just have way too many ....... everything. Very easy to program and understand what is going on so if it doesn't sell soon I'll just keep it as I'm getting a bit bored with having things on sale and just generally being on the net so time for a long break I thinks

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 am LOOM2 works great on my win10 machine - I'm selling it at the moment or giving it away in a bundle. I like it quite a bit but I just have way too many ....... everything. Very easy to program and understand what is going on so if it doesn't sell soon I'll just keep it as I'm getting a bit bored with having things on sale and just generally being on the net so time for a long break I thinks
How's the CPU consumption?

ferez21 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:00 am
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 am LOOM2 works great on my win10 machine - I'm selling it at the moment or giving it away in a bundle. I like it quite a bit but I just have way too many ....... everything. Very easy to program and understand what is going on so if it doesn't sell soon I'll just keep it as I'm getting a bit bored with having things on sale and just generally being on the net so time for a long break I thinks
How's the CPU consumption?
Never thought about it. Will just go check..... ok, in Reaper can get nice sounds with a bit more than 1% cpu in my ancient i5.But LOOM allows for lots of complexity so I can also get sounds using 8%. On a modern machine I would think much much less than my old thing

ferez21 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:43 am
Loom does have an available Wave module that can play back recorded samples, that with a voice sample, can be processed to sound like a vocoder.

For example there is a Loom preset named "Emotion Matters" that gives an example of this use.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”