DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

macisbac wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:17 pm
moss wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:11 am
macisbac wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:40 pm Hi,

I've recently purchased the Icon Platform M+ and using the DrivenByMoss extension but have an issue with the Zoom option. I can Zoom out ok but when I try to Zoom in (having Zoomed out) it moves the arrangement window along whilst Zooming In takes the clip I am Zooming in to out of view and I then have to scroll back which can then also be problematic.

I know that without using the DbM extension the Zoom function with the Icon Platform M+ does not work at all in the arrangement window of Bitwig, so at least the DbM goes some way to rectifying that.

Anyone else having this issue.

Cheers
Neil
Yeah, that annoys me too. The problem is that there is no zoom function in the API and this simply triggers the same zoom action as from the keyboard which has this ugly behaviour.
Ah right, thanks for the reply. So I assume this is also the case with the Icon Qcon Pros as well then?
Yes, for all devices.

There are bugs in the last drivers with "Switching track bank in session mode did leave session mode"
sometimes shit + arrow bang does not move by block of 8X5) but per track.
APC40 MKII

I noted that upon updating to the latest version of the extension that it is necessary to remove defined controllers that had been configured for Generic Flexi and add them back to ensure that deprecated settings are removed / updated. All worked as expected in that regard. While all is working as expected for newly created projects, I've also noticed that for existing projects, the program banks that had been previously defined for each Generic Flexi instance have now become orphaned and are duplicated in a new set of program banks. In existing projects, the former (while yet visible) do not send program changes. The newly generated bank selection does work as intended. Again, everything is fine for new projects...no orphaned settings...so the crux of the problem is the existence of former program bank settings that are no longer needed in the existing projects. I've not been able to figure out how to reset / remove the old program banks in existing projects. I've removed the extension and resaved all files without the extension loaded. Then, when adding back the extension...the orphaned program banks are restored once more. Is this something that has been noted before by others? I've done an exhaustive search of the forums and haven't found similar reported. Is there a way to reset existing project settings to default in the script console or to manually remove the offending program banks, perhaps?

nudlstudios wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 pm I noted that upon updating to the latest version of the extension that it is necessary to remove defined controllers that had been configured for Generic Flexi and add them back to ensure that deprecated settings are removed / updated. All worked as expected in that regard. While all is working as expected for newly created projects, I've also noticed that for existing projects, the program banks that had been previously defined for each Generic Flexi instance have now become orphaned and are duplicated in a new set of program banks. In existing projects, the former (while yet visible) do not send program changes. The newly generated bank selection does work as intended. Again, everything is fine for new projects...no orphaned settings...so the crux of the problem is the existence of former program bank settings that are no longer needed in the existing projects. I've not been able to figure out how to reset / remove the old program banks in existing projects. I've removed the extension and resaved all files without the extension loaded. Then, when adding back the extension...the orphaned program banks are restored once more. Is this something that has been noted before by others? I've done an exhaustive search of the forums and haven't found similar reported. Is there a way to reset existing project settings to default in the script console or to manually remove the offending program banks, perhaps?
Yes, that is the same issue as with the settings. But thanks for bringing that up again, will try to increase the importance at Bitwig.

moss wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 pm DrivenByMoss 11.7.3 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • New: Newly added tracks now get a color.
  • APC40/mkII
    • Fixed: Switching track bank in session mode did leave session mode.
  • Komplete Kontrol MkI
    • Fixed: Linux: Fixed USB access rights in rules file.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Incorrect and missing on-screen notifications when cursor buttons were used.
    • Fixed: LED state of scene scroll buttons was incorrect in scene mode.
    • Fixed: If temporary modes were used in session mode, session mode was left on button release.
  • Push
    • New: Added some more VST plugins to the favorite menus.
    • New: Tracks added via the favorite menu now get the name of the plugin.
Enjoy!
Hello Moss,

After updating there is a significant lag when switching between tracks on my controller KK S25 mk1. After pressing left/right arrow on the controller It takes about 1-2 seconds to switch to the next track. During this time there is a message displayed on the controller screen "NonE". I never saw this before and it happens on both regular and effect tracks. I loaded the previous version which I had -11.5.2 and it works fine there. Im on Bitwig 3.2.8
Also in the settings page this controller script is marked as "BETA" in red. Does it mean it is not fully functional yet?
Thanks for help!

moss wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:15 am Turns out I already implemented it :-) In the next version new tracks will get a color assigned, which mimics the behaviour in Bitwig.
Awesome! Thanks for all the work you put into this, my launchpad is amazing thanks to you :)

Is it still possible to have access to the chord, arp, and strum modes in Novation Launchkey mini mk3 using the Bitwig script?

maciej86 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:51 pm After updating there is a significant lag when switching between tracks on my controller KK S25 mk1. After pressing left/right arrow on the controller It takes about 1-2 seconds to switch to the next track. During this time there is a message displayed on the controller screen "NonE". I never saw this before and it happens on both regular and effect tracks. I loaded the previous version which I had -11.5.2 and it works fine there. Im on Bitwig 3.2.8
Also in the settings page this controller script is marked as "BETA" in red. Does it mean it is not fully functional yet?
Thanks for help!
Thanks for reporting, will be fixed in the next update!

You can ignore the "Beta". It is because Bitwig still sees the USB API as Beta.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:47 am Is it still possible to have access to the chord, arp, and strum modes in Novation Launchkey mini mk3 using the Bitwig script?
Sadly, no. Only with the big SLMkIII you can switch between hardware und DAW modes.

Hi

I am on Bitwig 3.3.7 on MacOS 10.15.17 Catalina and added the DrivenByMoss.bwextension into the extension folder.

Unfortunately, Bitwig seems not to load it and therefor I don't find anything added in the controller list. like "Utilities"

My Bitwig Studio Folder is not in the document folder, instead just below in the user home-directory.

Do I need to change the permission attributes for the extension file?

danilosan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:36 am Hi

I am on Bitwig 3.3.7 on MacOS 10.15.17 Catalina and added the DrivenByMoss.bwextension into the extension folder.

Unfortunately, Bitwig seems not to load it and therefor I don't find anything added in the controller list. like "Utilities"

My Bitwig Studio Folder is not in the document folder, instead just below in the user home-directory.

Do I need to change the permission attributes for the extension file?
On Macos it must be in: ~/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/
I do not know if it it is possible to change this via hard- or symlinks.

You can change it in the locations preference...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:39 am You can change it in the locations preference...
Careful! This setting is only for scripts but not for extensions!

I've got a recurring bug that is driving me mad, periodically my apc mini will seem to stop sending signal to bitwig. Curiously it does appear to still be recieving signal, it starts in default mode and is recieving signal based on the way the buttons lightup in accordance with midi, but it will not send any information.

Does Maschine Mk3 script work for Maschine+ in controller mode?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Controller Scripting”