Synth -Sinmad 0.9.9- featured this month (april) in One Synth Challenge, reports thread:

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

teilo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:28 pm I'm still getting the spurious pitch glide when first loading a patch. I've noticed that it can happen on multiple voices initially. To eliminate it it is necessary to play a bunch of notes to flush out whatever is causing it, and it is fine from then on.
Yes, sorry, I didn't fix that yet because I can't reproduce it continuously. I'll find the cause but I need more time.

liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:59 pm
teilo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:28 pm I'm still getting the spurious pitch glide when first loading a patch. I've noticed that it can happen on multiple voices initially. To eliminate it it is necessary to play a bunch of notes to flush out whatever is causing it, and it is fine from then on.
Yes, sorry, I didn't fix that yet because I can't reproduce it continuously. I'll find the cause but I need more time.
I'm pretty sure it's coming from the Poly Delay Matrix.

teilo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:15 pm
liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:59 pm
I'm pretty sure it's coming from the Poly Delay Matrix.
Does it happen only when the Matrix is on?

liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:49 pm
teilo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:15 pm I'm pretty sure it's coming from the Poly Delay Matrix.
Yes. I can start with a patch with the matrix disabled. I play a few notes and everything is fine. Then I turn on the matrix. I play a few notes, and I get the initial glide.

liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:15 pm
What’s new in 0.9.8

- Fixed uneven wave 1 FM amount when “duo” was on.
Is is possible, that the second wave of duo is now not modulated anymore? It sounds like it stays constant when I play around with the FM amount knob...

Edit: also, I get audible clicks when playing this one of my sounds, every time I change notes. It didn't do this so prominently in 0.9.7b
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SeBaer wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:53 pm
Is is possible, that the second wave of duo is now not modulated anymore? It sounds like it stays constant when I play around with the FM amount knob...

Edit: also, I get audible clicks when playing this one of my sounds, every time I change notes. It didn't do this so prominently in 0.9.7b
Yep, there's so much energy in lows in this patch that the envelope has to start slower, matrix too. You hit some limits of Sinmad I reckon <sigh>.
Try this attached mod.
ResoBassDroneMono++.zip
Great patch BTW.

The duo is not affected by FM now, it should have not even before, at least not with that jump.
Anyway it could be done better, I will try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 pm Yep, there's so much energy in lows in this patch that the envelope has to start slower, matrix too. You hit some limits of Sinmad I reckon <sigh>.
Try this attached mod.ResoBassDroneMono++.zip
Okay, I will try that tonight, when I'm back home. But what's interesting is, it wasn't that prominent in the previous build, so something might have changed from 0.9.7b to 0.9.8. For now I downgraded to 0.9.7b.
liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 pm Great patch BTW.
Thanks, I really like all that distortion and feedback and rumble you can get with this synth. I based almost all my sounds on that. Now I just need a good idea for a song :D
Also, I would gladly provide my patches, if you deem them worthy to include in the factory sound bank.
liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 pm The duo is not affected by FM now, it should have not even before, at least not with that jump.
Anyway it could be done better, I will try.
I personally would prefer if the duo waveform was also modulated. But that's just an opinion, not a request.

teilo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:49 pm
liqih wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:49 pm
teilo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:15 pm I'm pretty sure it's coming from the Poly Delay Matrix.
Yes. I can start with a patch with the matrix disabled. I play a few notes and everything is fine. Then I turn on the matrix. I play a few notes, and I get the initial glide.
As it is now, the matrix delays are always gliding since they are three per voice: each with its own time. To avoid gliding I should have 6 per voice and crossfade them on note transition. Possibly I can avoid the longer glide at the first notes played only without doubling the delays. I will try.

SeBaer wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 am Okay, I will try that tonight, when I'm back home. But what's interesting is, it wasn't that prominent in the previous build, so something might have changed from 0.9.7b to 0.9.8. For now I downgraded to 0.9.7b.
I reviewed the code changes from from 0.9.7b to 0.9.8. So far I found nothing that justify a different envelopes response or new audio clicks.
Thanks, I really like all that distortion and feedback and rumble you can get with this synth. I based almost all my sounds on that. Now I just need a good idea for a song :D
Also, I would gladly provide my patches, if you deem them worthy to include in the factory sound bank.
Happy to review your patches and include them, you may add a signature to the preset name if you wish, name-SeBaer or name-SB. Thanks.
I personally would prefer if the duo waveform was also modulated. But that's just an opinion, not a request.
I will see about that.

SeBaer wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 am Okay, I will try that tonight, when I'm back home. But what's interesting is, it wasn't that prominent in the previous build, so something might have changed from 0.9.7b to 0.9.8. For now I downgraded to 0.9.7b.
Hi, I sent you a PM here on KVR.

Thanks for making this inspiring synth! A low priority issue: if I start playing a note, then turn the output gain down to -inf, then turn it back up again, there's no more sound until I release the note, whereupon it plays the release tail. Windows 10, Sinmad 0.9.8, both Reaper and FL Studio.

I am using the latest Reaper under Windows 7. I even uninstalled my previous installed Visual C++, rebooted the computer and installed the one as requested (Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4). However, I encounter a crash when using Sinmad 0.9.8 in Reaper. The crash occur when a track is playing and if click with the mouse on the timeline to play the track from an earlier point. When I stop the playing and move the startpoint there is no problem.

The same is happening when I render the whole song to a mp3. In that case it crashes at the end of rendering, the WAV is produced fine anyway. Although if I with to use Sinmad again, I have to restart Windows as restarting Reaper does not work and it won't find Sinmad.

I got this in the Windows Eventviewer - Application:
Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 6.2.5.0, time stamp: 0x6042c2a7
Faulting module name: Sinmad_x64.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60761dce
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000057a3c
Faulting process id: 0xa9c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d73672c47a6d59
Faulting application path: C:\Progs\05Musik\REAPER\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Progs\05Musik\vstplugins\Sinmad\Sinmad_x64.dll
Report Id: 4b4f0df4-a266-11eb-8a70-8e330176dde4

However, I tried to reproduce the issue with a new project and only one instance of Sinmad, I got no issue so far. Maybe it depends on the length or on the layers used - I just wanted to let you know I encountered this problem.

BernardFate wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:56 am I am using the latest Reaper under Windows 7. I even uninstalled my previous installed Visual C++, rebooted the computer and installed the one as requested (Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4). However, I encounter a crash when using Sinmad 0.9.8 in Reaper. The crash occur when a track is playing and if click with the mouse on the timeline to play the track from an earlier point. When I stop the playing and move the startpoint there is no problem.

The same is happening when I render the whole song to a mp3. In that case it crashes at the end of rendering, the WAV is produced fine anyway. Although if I with to use Sinmad again, I have to restart Windows as restarting Reaper does not work and it won't find Sinmad.
However, I tried to reproduce the issue with a new project and only one instance of Sinmad, I got no issue so far. Maybe it depends on the length or on the layers used - I just wanted to let you know I encountered this problem.
Hi and thanks for the report, there are indeed compatibility issues with Sinmad in Reaper.
Also on macOS there are issues with MIDI that only happens when we use Sinmad in Reaper DAW,
but not in other Mac DAWs I tried.

I hope to find the reason soon.

treeheated wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:56 pm Thanks for making this inspiring synth! A low priority issue: if I start playing a note, then turn the output gain down to -inf, then turn it back up again, there's no more sound until I release the note, whereupon it plays the release tail. Windows 10, Sinmad 0.9.8, both Reaper and FL Studio.
Thanks, I'm glad your like the synth. I should have fixed that bug for the next update.
(The output gain at zero set the processing off until a new note)

liqih wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 pm [...] there are indeed compatibility issues with Sinmad in Reaper.
Also on macOS there are issues with MIDI that only happens when we use Sinmad in Reaper DAW,
but not in other Mac DAWs I tried.

I hope to find the reason soon.
It's good, that you're working on that issue. Also for me ( in Win 10), Reaper is crashing a lot with Sinmad. Mostly time line jumping, but also other manipulations that are not directly in Sinmad. I will have to check in more detail, to give you proper feedback.

Return to “NUSofting”