Aurora FM - New Win(32/64) VSTi FM synthesizer - Introductory pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aurora FM

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:42 am your oscillators are whats turning me on. they sound very detailed. the preset manager will need work tho.
Nice.

What is it you don't like about the patch system? I completely overhauled it for this latest version and am pretty satisfied with it. If people have issues with it, they'll need to explain what and why, because it's apparent I'm useless at predicting what people like or dislike...

HA! all good man. look, fm is based on your oscillators, which are exquisite imo. don't worry about a filter. the patch system is not very accessible, and i can tell you, that is VERY important in today's market. the kids like their presets, and so do the preset makers. I will not instruct you on what the preset crowd likes... they can, and will, do that, but you should listen to them in this case. preset managers have become very complex.

Looks like people are liking it. tempted to download it but i have to be honest, this GUI isn't at all inviting, it looks like some kind of a scientific engineering tool you use in college. I'll surely come back when it is more user friendly, all the best :)
Last edited by ferez21 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Once you get the hang of click and hold - on the preset indicator, then everything is fine.
it looks like some kind of a scientific engineering tool you use in college.
That's what they said about the DX7 when it came out - isn't it? ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:19 am Once you get the hang of click and hold - on the preset indicator, then everything is fine.
it looks like some kind of a scientific engineering tool you use in college.
That's what they said about the DX7 when it came out - isn't it? ;)
True, but 35 year have passed and we should be able design things that are more user friendly 😀

This is such a cool project. I think I'll write a mail to the developer to discuss some things.

Aurora FM has received a new v.1.2.0 update. :wink:

Really good update in many ways. The randomization system is imo one of the better ways to do it, and it makes use of the middle mouse button, a button many devs don't make use of but should! One of a good number of nice new features. Definitely one of my fave FMs. Great job sir.

It's so nice Ryan changed the copy protection from C/R to a simple key file activation, made me purchase Aurora FM instantly. Such a nice guy too, hope he's doing all right.

Randomization, middle mouse button, simple CP. I think I'll demo this!

Okay, nope. I saw the price, listened to the patch sound demos and immediately purchased without demoing. Sounds awesome.

I just realized a didn't leave a note with my full name like the instructions said. It should show my full name and email with my payment info though.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:44 amI just realized a didn't leave a note with my full name like the instructions said. It should show my full name and email with my payment info though.
I wouldn't worry: RyFi is really speedy at responding to any issues or concerns - so I'd email him if things look wonky and he should be able to fix it for you

I'm ashamed I have so much soft synths I never even touched already but the poly at might make me do the move on that one. I still have to test it though, wondering if it feels different creating sounds on Aurora than with my beloved msoundfactory FM module...

crickey13 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 am It's so nice Ryan changed the copy protection from C/R to a simple key file activation, made me purchase Aurora FM instantly. Such a nice guy too, hope he's doing all right.
yep, he is a good guy, very repsonsive. Gotta root for an underdog developer like him who keeps plugging away with updates and making his instrument better.

Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks SO MUCH for all the incredibly kind words and amazing support! I'm so happy to be able to keep improving my synth and grateful that people like you appreciate the updates and find them useful.

crickey13 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 am It's so nice Ryan changed the copy protection from C/R to a simple key file activation, made me purchase Aurora FM instantly. Such a nice guy too, hope he's doing all right.
:tu: Thanks so much, dude! I'm surviving, and hope you're doing great too.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:44 am Okay, nope. I saw the price, listened to the patch sound demos and immediately purchased without demoing. Sounds awesome.

I just realized a didn't leave a note with my full name like the instructions said. It should show my full name and email with my payment info though.
:tu: Thanks for the purchase, man! You're all set, no problems there.

mcbpete wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:44 pm I wouldn't worry: RyFi is really speedy at responding to any issues or concerns - so I'd email him if things look wonky and he should be able to fix it for you
:tu: Thanks for saying so, my dude!

ElVincente wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:51 pm I'm ashamed I have so much soft synths I never even touched already but the poly at might make me do the move on that one. I still have to test it though, wondering if it feels different creating sounds on Aurora than with my beloved msoundfactory FM module...
:tu: Hey man, please let me know if you find any issues with the Poly AT. It's incredibly hard to test that properly without a Poly AT keyboard and Reaper's atrociously painful manual entry! I'm really not ultra confident that the Poly AT stuff is flawless, but I certainly tried my best... :-S

raiderpdog wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:30 pm yep, he is a good guy, very repsonsive. Gotta root for an underdog developer like him who keeps plugging away with updates and making his instrument better.
:tu: Thanks so much, my man! I really appreciate that.

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:00 pm Really good update in many ways. The randomization system is imo one of the better ways to do it, and it makes use of the middle mouse button, a button many devs don't make use of but should! One of a good number of nice new features. Definitely one of my fave FMs. Great job sir.
:tu: Thanks so much, my dude! I really appreciate it.

(Ugh, multi-quote responses are TEDIOUS as hell with this primitive system... though I suppose it could always be even worse...)

Return to “Instruments”