Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:35 pm I’m sorry Urs, but you always seem to reject any comment depreciating any of your products. In my case, my point was : I have a problem with the native sound of Zebra2, but I really love the sound of Hive2. You could simply keep from this that some of your customers may prefer a Hive2 sound for the Zebra3 engine, which is exactly my point. End of the story. This is nothing but some kind of user request. Since you’re part of the talk about users talking about your products, this turns into a bizarre way indeed.

You didn’t reply in a bad way to my comment in any way this time, but we already had this talk in the past and you tried to prove me wrong with that supersaw talk, and now this time you’re having a fight with an user for the same reason. You simply don’t want to admit that some people may love another layout, you want to prove that you made the right choices.

I really don’t get why you always want to crush any people saying what you don’t expect them to say. People tell the best about you.

This is not an attack message please !!! I’m saying, on the contrary, simply that some users expect different things from your products. Take it or leave it. You have a huge fanbase !!
In my defense, the times I agree with criticism are a lot less visible and memorable than the times I dismiss it. My apologies if I don't recall specific incidences.

killmaster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:28 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:35 pm I’m sorry Urs, but you always seem to reject any comment depreciating any of your products. In my case, my point was : I have a problem with the native sound of Zebra2, but I really love the sound of Hive2. You could simply keep from this that some of your customers may prefer a Hive2 sound for the Zebra3 engine, which is exactly my point. End of the story. This is nothing but some kind of user request. Since you’re part of the talk about users talking about your products, this turns into a bizarre way indeed.

You didn’t reply in a bad way to my comment in any way this time, but we already had this talk in the past and you tried to prove me wrong with that supersaw talk, and now this time you’re having a fight with an user for the same reason. You simply don’t want to admit that some people may love another layout, you want to prove that you made the right choices.

I really don’t get why you always want to crush any people saying what you don’t expect them to say. People tell the best about you.

This is not an attack message please !!! I’m saying, on the contrary, simply that some users expect different things from your products. Take it or leave it. You have a huge fanbase !!
I have to say that this is not how I interpret his responses. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that this is not accurate description of his meaning and intent.
This is super great, thanks. :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:32 pm

In my defense, the times I agree with criticism are a lot less visible and memorable than the times I dismiss it. My apologies if I don't recall specific incidences.
Actually I really don't think you have to defend anything. You have people loving your work. When some people criticize some specific point, just take it into account and if you think this could help you making better products next time, then use it. If you think this is bulls#it, just leave it. You have so many people praising your products !!

DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 pmI think he could just let it be and let people talk about his product without his input.
This.
Things is, they haven't talked about my product. They dismissed a story that's very important to me as some made up marketing ploy. Those are not opinions. I don't need to be grateful for them.

I *am* grateful for constructive thoughts. But the again, "I just don't like it" without any specific reason is a response that makes me wonder why one would post that, but certainly not enough to make me want to "crush" them :?

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:37 pm Actually I really don't think you have to defend anything. You have people loving your work. When some people criticize some specific point, just take it into account and if you think this could help you making better products next time, then use it. If you think this is bulls#it, just leave it. You have so many people praising your products !!
What I said before, I often enough simply don't reply to criticism at all, most of the time because I just can't figure out what people mean. We sometimes discuss specific reports in the headquarters, and often some of the other guys reply. Sometimes me make a ticket to evaluate for future implementation. Happens all the time, so I can't agree with the idea that I or we don't respond well to criticism at all.

I think I made my point that I do distinguish between constructive feedback and such that is simply destructive (examples: repetitiveness, entitlement, trolling, "vile shit"). It's entirely possible that I confuse one for the other at times and then my reply might not what you'd have expected. My apologies if that was the case with you or someone else, I guess it's an occupational hazard.

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:46 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 pm apparently because they want to lament more so than they want to help.
Why are you expecting help here? This isn't your forum, this isn't your post, this isn't your venue. Any help that you get here is a gift. You're not, wait for it, "entitled" to help from people just because have have purchased your products and have an opinion about them.

If this were your support forums I could see how it would be frustrating. You have to read those and it takes time. But you don't have to read this. If you did want to read this to try and discern if there is any usable signal in all of that noise then perhaps you could hire an intern from your local uni to do that? Probably a waste of money.

Frankly, your time is too valuable to be wallowing here doing pseudo work. I think that for many of us this is an escape. If this were our work, we wouldn't be here rambling on about nothing. Let me repeat that, we are humans and this is an escape. It's not important and it's not that serious. So, yeah, it's gonna express a range of human emotion. Since this is related to your work, no, this is a huge part of your life, you're not going to like some of that, maybe you should actively choose to not read these threads?
respectfully disagree.
wouldnt you want to set records straight when people accuse you of lying?

then to a lesser degree of being an arse, constantly saying "it cant do..." when it can, it just takes a little more work than another synth.

otherwise people might think people who have no experience with the damn thing, know wtf theyre talking about.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 pm apparently because they want to lament more so than they want to help.
Why are you expecting help here?
Oopsie. I meant to write "more so than they want help" or "more so than they want to receive help".

My bad. Should read my own posts before I press submit.

i really don't understand this thread. but one thing; i was already going to, i have a lot of soft-synths, that was also a part of the discussion? strangely in my case, owning a lot, using them all, i work with all deeper, better. i learn from one, that i can transpose to another. but it is problably my workflow, my way of working with sound.

didn't fire up zebra2 a long time, made a lot of presets for it, spend a lot of time taming the special character, and me like it. and it works! so it is time to fire it up again..

is it about that zebra2 has it's own character, the oscillators are designed in a special way, i forgot, where urs mentioned it, you can hear it, feel it. sometimes i use only oscillators... o well some modulators of course...

so my attraction to zebra2 is it's special design. glad that some synths have their own design. o well, there are plenty, but still an minority.

pfff, why i am writing this. must dive only in the oscillators again... minimalistic approach and then! then!

(and what is the obsession with supersaws??? i get it, they sound, you know. but every synth nowadays, even MSoundFactory, has Supersaw.... it is by the way an open question, i am limited by own style and genres...) EDIT: and me like MSoundFactory by the way, it can do it, so why not, but give me other stuff, so i make my own..

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:50 pm
Why are you expecting help here? This isn't your forum, this isn't your post, this isn't your venue. Any help that you get here is a gift. You're not, wait for it, "entitled" to help from people just because have have purchased your products and have an opinion about them.

If this were your support forums I could see how it would be frustrating. You have to read those and it takes time. But you don't have to read this. If you did want to read this to try and discern if there is any usable signal in all of that noise then perhaps you could hire an intern from your local uni to do that? Probably a waste of money.

Frankly, your time is too valuable to be wallowing here doing pseudo work. I think that for many of us this is an escape. If this were our work, we wouldn't be here rambling on about nothing. Let me repeat that, we are humans and this is an escape. It's not important and it's not that serious. So, yeah, it's gonna express a range of human emotion. Since this is related to your work, no, this is a huge part of your life, you're not going to like some of that, maybe you should actively choose to not read these threads?
respectfully disagree.
wouldnt you want to set records straight when people accuse you of lying?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:42 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 pmI think he could just let it be and let people talk about his product without his input.
This.
Things is, they haven't talked about my product. They dismissed a story that's very important to me as some made up marketing ploy. Those are not opinions. I don't need to be grateful for them.

I *am* grateful for constructive thoughts. But the again, "I just don't like it" without any specific reason is a response that makes me wonder why one would post that, but certainly not enough to make me want to "crush" them :?
I’m saying this because of your occasional sarcastic tone and your usage of clown smileys (you answered several times with this to me), like you want to turn every user that’s criticizing any point into a ridiculous fool.
You simply don’t need this. This community loves you. People who don’t care about your products don’t post about them (when those ones do you see quickly they’re @sses). If they keep talking about them, it’s because they care, they’d love to ”help” for Zebra3 in some way, they suggest you what they think could be good for your products with their words. Sure, some may be ruder than some others. But I’m sure it doesn’t need a fight every time. You are a respected and trusted developer, simply take the good and choose what you can learn from the bad, nothing or something. You are way above endless fights to prove your products are worth trying.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:55 pm I’m saying this because of your occasional sarcastic tone and your usage of clown smileys (you answered several times with this to me), like you want to turn every user that’s criticizing any point into a ridiculous fool.
This is actually the first time someone tells me this. Thank you. I will try to avoid the clown smiley thing. I think I'm often using it to say something "smart" without trying to lecture. Apparently it has the opposite effect.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:51 pm (and what is the obsession with supersaws??? i get it, they sound, you know. but every synth nowadays, even MSoundFactory, has Supersaw.... it is by the way an open question, i am limited by own style and genres...) EDIT: and me like MSoundFactory by the way, it can do it, so why not, but give me other stuff, so i make my own..
Oh. One day some people claimed Zebra2 could do any sound. I said Zebra2 couldn’t produce massive supersaws as Avenger could. Urs asked me to prove it. And I proved it with an audio example. Somebody tried to recreate a supersaw with Zebra2 and it didn’t sound at all like it. Nobody tried after this.
Zebra2 is a super powerful synth for sure, nobody has a doubt about it. I was just saying it can’t do anything.

If you want a huge supersaw and want to stick to U-He, just use Hive2 instead. Plain and simple. Doesn’t need a fight.

Return to “Instruments”