Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually only seven Air and five old D16 plugins don't work on Big Sur. The D16 plugins will get a paid upgrade with Big Sur support (and a lot of other stuff) this year. I don't know what Air plans to do. All the other plugins that I own from 30 plugin companies work.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

UVI Thorus for $40, any long term users out there?
Sparkverb is great, so assuming this will be, unfortunately I only have a mono speaker for the next few days.

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:03 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:40 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:29 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:04 pm That's sad. Glad to be a Windows user. Mac sounds like a PITA to me. Of course, not because these two plugins are not compatible, just saying in general.
No, Mac is not pita, it's a quite comfortable environment.
The only rule is: do not upgrade your OS too early.
I'm still on Catalina and everything's fine.
Plan to upgrade in late summer time.
Yes, I do understand about not upgrading OS early, but I read so many compatibility issues related discussions that I feel Windows is way better in this regards. Everything just works. A situation where you become helpless with something is extremely rare. I have hardly ever worried about compatibility when upgrading OS (XP to 10).

Don't want to start a debate on this of course. I personally love the way Mac looks and I wish I could use Logic Pro X, as it is my favourite DAW after FL Studio. :)
"Everything just works" :lol: sadly nothing has worked properly for at least 20 years now.. nearly every iteration of Windows appears more broken and buggy than the benefits it adds. Its been a mess and users have had far less control over anything. Operating systems could have been so much more. If you use a DAW like Cubase like me then similarly the last 20 years have been such a slow and frustrating slog of incremental updates adding more options but taking away things that weren't broke and now kinda are!
Don't want to get into an argument, just stating my experience: Windows 7 has been extremely stable for me without any issues for 10 years and I have never had to deal with any compatibility issues that I often hear from Mac users around here. That being said, it is been a couple months in a Win 10 environment, so jury is still out on that one.

Air plugins have been pretty much the only exception and that is because their old installers force overwriting iLok software, instead of giving you the option to disable it (Or just checking what version is installed and then cancelling installation if not needed like UVI installers do).

SirKen wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:19 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:04 pm That's sad. Glad to be a Windows user. Mac sounds like a PITA to me. Of course, not because these two plugins are not compatible, just saying in general.
Yes, I do understand about not upgrading OS early, but I read so many compatibility issues related discussions that I feel Windows is way better in this regards. Everything just works. A situation where you become helpless with something is extremely rare. I have hardly ever worried about compatibility when upgrading OS (XP to 10).

Don't want to start a debate on this of course. I personally love the way Mac looks and I wish I could use Logic Pro X, as it is my favourite DAW after FL Studio. :)
"Everything just works" :lol: sadly nothing has worked properly for at least 20 years now.. nearly every iteration of Windows appears more broken and buggy than the benefits it adds. Its been a mess and users have had far less control over anything. Operating systems could have been so much more. If you use a DAW like Cubase like me then similarly the last 20 years have been such a slow and frustrating slog of incremental updates adding more options but taking away things that weren't broke and now kinda are!
Don't want to get into an argument, just stating my experience: Windows 7 has been extremely stable for me without any issues for 10 years and I have never had to deal with any compatibility issues that I often hear from Mac users around here. That being said, it is been a couple months in a Win 10 environment, so jury is still out on that one.

Air plugins have been pretty much the only exception and that is because their old installers force overwriting iLok software, instead of giving you the option to disable it (Or just checking what version is installed and then cancelling installation if not needed like UVI installers do).
The Air installers that still contain the old version of PACE iLok do not* overwrite the latest version of iLok if it is already installed on the computer. I tested this with both Structure and Boom yesterday.

*not a guarantee

wangeroge wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 pm The D16 plugins will get a paid upgrade with Big Sur support (and a lot of other stuff) this year.
Repeater 2 and Tekturon 2? :hyper:

Has anyone else had success with guessing PA voucher and discount codes? With a bit of trial, error and deduction it's not so difficult. Their format is rigid enough.

SteinyFritz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:25 am Has anyone else had success with guessing PA voucher and discount codes? With a bit of trial, error and deduction it's not so difficult. Their format is rigid enough.
Couldn't you end up using someone else's voucher though? Not very nice.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:31 am
wangeroge wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 pm The D16 plugins will get a paid upgrade with Big Sur support (and a lot of other stuff) this year.
Repeater 2 and Tekturon 2? :hyper:
Phoscyon 2, Nepheton 2, Drumazon 2, LuSH-101 2, and Syntorus 2.

I'm not sure about the last one.

P.S. Does anybody have a spare Levels code from Plugin Boutique?
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

SteinyFritz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:25 am Has anyone else had success with guessing PA voucher and discount codes? With a bit of trial, error and deduction it's not so difficult. Their format is rigid enough.
The format is [DATE][6 x [RANDOM CHAR OR NUMBER]]. So you have 2^(26 + 10) = 68719476736 possibilities. If they have 100000 users the probability of guessing right is 100000 / 68719476736 = 1 / 700000.

GaryG wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:42 am
Highlighting flaws in a system and putting it on a public forum is, by your standards, actually very nice. So I am quite nice, at least.

Maybe not telling anyone while exploiting it, would be 'not very nice'. Protecting weak systems from themselves is not helping the users either.

If people keep exploiting this are they or PA at fault? And not telling PA after knowing of the possibility would be 'not too nice'. I have not stopped you from doing so, have you?

wangeroge wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:52 am
The format is [DATE][6 x [RANDOM CHAR OR NUMBER]]. So you have 2^(26 + 10) = 68719476736 possibilities. If they have 100000 users the probability of guessing right is 100000 / 68719476736 = 1 / 700000.
No. Easier than that

SteinyFritz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:22 am
GaryG wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:42 am
Highlighting flaws in a system and putting it on a public forum is, by your standards, actually very nice. So I am quite nice, at least.

Maybe not telling anyone while exploiting it, would be 'not very nice'. Protecting weak systems from themselves is not helping the users either.

If people keep exploiting this are they or PA at fault? And not telling PA after knowing of the possibility would be 'not too nice'. I have not stopped you from doing so, have you?
Well you weren't clear whether you were using them or not, you gave the impression you had guessed some correctly so assumed you had. In that case you could be taking someone else legitimate code. I think it's fair to say that's potentially 'not nice'. If you intended this as a public service announcement then all power to you, inform PA and get them to lock the codes to accounts (which they won't do as they know they make money whoever uses the code).

Uncle E, will you have Boz Digital Labs Big Clipper sale ($29) that's on their site right now?

Sorry to hear about your Windows troubles. But well, I should have also recommended the DAW then? :lol: FL Studio rocks in this situation too. Windows + FL Studio = Bliss.

I personally don't care much about "OS benefits/control".

Anyway, don't want to argue here. Hopefully you have gotten around your problems somehow. :tu:

this is the bargains chat thread you muppets

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”