Init and tempo().get()

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have just started having a go with creating my first script. My basic plan is to create a turntable style pitch(tempo) control. So the idea is the tempo will be grabbed at load time then used to map +/-8% range to a controller which will adjust the tempo. (Not sure I have explained that particularly well there!).

I seem to have stumbled at the first hurdle. For some reason when I perform a tempo().get() as part of the init() it always returns 0. However once the script is loaded and I do something like println(transport.tempo().get()) in the console it works!

Here's my code:

Code: Select all

loadAPI(2);

host.defineController("adamcathersides", "test", "1.0", "1503f960-9c54-11eb-8ab0-0800200c9a66");
host.defineMidiPorts(0, 0);

function init()
{
	transport = host.createTransport();
	transport.tempo.markInterested();
	getTempo()
}

function exit()
{
	println('Exited');
}

function flush()
{
}

function getTempo()
{
	currentTempo = transport.tempo().get(); //* 646 + 20;
	println(currentTempo);
	upperRange = currentTempo + currentTempo / 100 * 8
	lowerRange = currentTempo - currentTempo / 100 * 8
	stepInc = upperRange - lowerRange / 128
	println(stepInc)
}
I had a quick search on this forum and coudn't see any thing obvious and I am obviously misunderstanding how init() should be used. My head is starting to hurt from banging it against a wall! Any thoughts?

adamcathersides wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:23 pm I had a quick search on this forum and coudn't see any thing obvious and I am obviously misunderstanding how init() should be used. My head is starting to hurt from banging it against a wall! Any thoughts?
The whole Bitwig API works asynchroneously, which means values are updated "when there is time". In your case it did not yet happen. If you need to trigger something in the init() you can use host.scheduleTask.

Ohh I see, thanks so much that really helps! :tu:

Return to “Controller Scripting”