Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 am
recursive one wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:05 am So you have Navira? How do you like it?
It’s clearly an unfinished product. I got hanging notes coming from nowhere simply while browsing the presets. But the sound is awesome !
Thanks. Navira looks like something that could be really interesting for me (I understand the supersaw is only a small part for what it can do) but I'm a bit worried that there is no demo.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

carrieres wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:27 am the majority of user complaints is just trolling with pedantic diatribe !
more than 10 page of useless comments and aggressive post toward a dev
what a waste of time !
i would have lock this thread some days ago if I were a mod
you can't knock free publicity tho.... it is far better to be talked about than not :wink:

carrieres wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:27 am more than 10 page of useless comments and aggressive post toward a dev
Not really.

The first picture of Z3 has been published:
34009E45-B3DC-4AED-B761-12C71CE34EE8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Everyone raves about microtonic and how awesome it is for kicks ( and it is great ) .
Thing is with zebra's xmf filters you can achieve the same thing , use the filter fm for audio rate modulating the filter and zebra envelopes are also pretty damn fast for pitch env modulation ( modulating the filter freq)
Only downside is that the self ocillating filter is a sine , so audio rate modulating anything else but filter freq is currrently impossible ( not talking about the fmo's ).
And this is a most wanted feature for zebra 3 , true osc cross mod/fm
The distortion module has to be used in the effects section because it also shapes the amp envelope , just like microtonic .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:54 am The first picture of Z3 has been published:

34009E45-B3DC-4AED-B761-12C71CE34EE8.jpeg
I prefer the Z4, but, the Z3 was nice too. :tu:

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:22 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:16 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:14 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:09 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 pm Want to and need to are not the same thing. Many people have to deal with this sort of thing in their work and they also have to just let it go. At the same time, one often has to responsibly consider input and try to discern any aggregate signal in the noise. Adulting 101.
bullshit.
human nature 101.
Respectfully disagree. I've had more than one job where this was explicitly true.
workplace/forum

i think theyre different places...
Agreed. For us, this is a forum, when you're a dev, it's part forum, part work. Hence the phrase pseudo-work. I think that's going to be hard to separate.

As long as you treat it like work and you have a large dev presence like Urs does, your input is going to be taken as words from the developer, not as a user. That is going to impact the conversation in a particular manner. We see that here, don't we. This thread has derailed.
oh yeah, the thread derailed.
not sure that was urs though.

maybe blame the disinformation.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:11 am
DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 am A supermodern sound and you give a supersaw as an example ? :hihi:
Well the real deal was : a sound I assume Zebra2 can’t reproduce. The supersaws I’ve heard from Zebra2 sound nothing like this one.
Imho Zebra2, which came out around 2007 I believe, can’t make a 2015 (I made it in 2018) sound.
If it can, then cool !! I’m not here to prove anything. If I find a way to get those sounds from Zebra2, then great : I can use it in my music !!
Zebra has had many upates since 2009
-new xm filters
-3 new zdf filters in the regular filter module ( tyrell filter and two ms 20 filters )
-new osc effects
-faster lfo's ( without slewing )
- zebra -Hz with awesome filters

please get your facts straight

Nothing I hear from your posted clips sound new or cutting edge at all ,all I hear are detuned supersaws + reverb/compression , and for the basses I hear phase locked oscillators with a phaser on top .
Do you really thing that new sounds are created because some new vst released in 2017 claims it re-invents the wheel ?
To me it seems that you're a clear victim of marketing hype

For hardstyle kicks set osc to reset or use the self oscillating xmf filter (zebra hz filter is even beter )turn on click and TURN OFF smooth attacks .
Sure zebra can not do everything , but I am still confident that the majority of user complaints is simply because of lack of programming skills , knowing zebra inside out
Then reproduce my demo with Zebra2. :D

And nobody cares about hardstyle kicks here btw. Nobody asked for it but some proposed a solution for. Is anybody into hardstyle here ?
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Not saying I can reproduce the sound with Zebra, but 2 things:
Is it one instance of Avenger?
Can you post the midi please?

cb8rwh wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:24 am Not saying I can reproduce the sound with Zebra, but 2 things:
Is it one instance of Avenger?
Can you post the midi please?
No, 3 layers : main, more clicky supersaw, bass. I did exactly the same for my Hive2 demo.
Yes, I’ll post the MIDI file. :)

Actually I’m not challenging the entire world to achieve this, but when users attack you personally instead of talking about the real subject (which is : what Zebra2 can or can’t do) and claim you’re wrong but prove nothing in any way, then it becomes fun to challenge them.

Yeah I get ya. I doubt I will get it, but like trying things like this 👍

The problem I always have with these challenges: Some people will automatically say it's close and good enough. Simply because the demanding attitude is entirely different. Your close enough is not mine, pretty much.

Heard some synth comparisons where I thought a particular synth sounded like total shit for that sound, and people still picked that one as their favorite... let's also be honest: Some hobbyists don't quite have the golden ears they think they have.

I guess this will be interpretated again to be negative about Zebra. It wasn't. I didn't even mention a synth name. Just as a disclaimer.

Well, if it’s a true good sounding supersaw, no matter how close it can be in my opinion. If the spirit is there, I’ll totally be convinced that Zebra2 has no limits.

Here is the MIDI file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KDG3B9 ... sp=sharing
And btw : there is absolutely no phaser anywhere. :D

double post
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”