Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sqigls wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:21 am this is the bargains chat thread you muppets
Relax, the discussions have been worse here, and that too quite often.
Summary of the AIR plugins discussion: Check your OS compatibility or demo Structure 2/ Strike 2 before grabbing them at bargain prices.

:wink:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 am
sqigls wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:21 am this is the bargains chat thread you muppets
Relax, the discussions have been worse here, and that too quite often.
Summary of the AIR plugins discussion: Check your OS compatibility or demo Structure 2/ Strike 2 before grabbing them at bargain prices.

:wink:
this is the bargains chat thread you muppet.

---

This is the muppet thread you bargains!

On topic. I have RX7 standard, just got an offer from Izotope re upgrade/ update to RX8 Advanced for a mere £429. Does that figure ever come down, like right down?

Experience on Neutron/Izotope is that it's cheaper just to buy the new versions than update.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

alinok wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am this is the bargains chat thread you muppet.
Why are you talking about something different than bargains then, you muppet.

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:01 pm
alinok wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am this is the bargains chat thread you muppet.
This is a recommended muppets bargain:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Muppets-Manhat ... B00M8PXP3Y

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:03 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:01 pm
This is a recommended muppets bargain:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Muppets-Manhat ... B00M8PXP3Y
Expensive! Better get some software:

https://www.motionvfx.com/store,mpuppet,p2886.html

We are talking about the two Air bargains without Big Sur support.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

This thread is currently lacking the due seriousness!
Hey, what is more important than plugin bargains?
Covid, China, Currydishes?
No, never!

Sonnox Oxford Limiter Native $65.00 at Audiodeluxe.
Are there anyone who still uses it today?
How compared to DMG, Fabfilter, iZotope or Waves L2?
There are a few comparative videos on youtube, but I would be interested in the opinion of someone who has used them in the long run.

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am I have RX7 standard, just got an offer from Izotope re upgrade/ update to RX8 Advanced for a mere £429. Does that figure ever come down, like right down?
Nope, RX Advanced has never ever come below the $400 number. I had been checking since early versions. In fact, after realizing this, I decided will not buy the Advanced version.

Furthermore, its has been customary that the (relevant) feature that typically each Advanced version has over Standard, is later on transferred to de standard version, one or two version upgrades after it was firstly released in advanced.

becseigy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:24 pm Sonnox Oxford Limiter Native $65.00 at Audiodeluxe.
There are a few comparative videos on youtube, but I would be interested in the opinion of someone who has used them in the long run.
It’s dope, I use it regularly. There is a demo.

Not sure if Ethics of searching for marketing flaws is Off-Topic on a Bargain chat thread...

That said,
GaryG wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:32 am
SteinyFritz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:22 am
GaryG wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:42 am
SteinyFritz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:25 am Has anyone else had success with guessing PA voucher and discount codes? With a bit of trial, error and deduction it's not so difficult. Their format is rigid enough.
Couldn't you end up using someone else's voucher though? Not very nice.

Highlighting flaws in a system and putting it on a public forum is, by your standards, actually very nice
. So I am quite nice, at least.

Maybe not telling anyone while exploiting it, would be 'not very nice'. Protecting weak systems from themselves is not helping the users either
If people keep exploiting this are they or PA at fault? And not telling PA after knowing of the possibility would be 'not too nice'. I have not stopped you from doing so, have you?
Well you weren't clear whether you were using them or not, you gave the impression you had guessed some correctly so assumed you had. In that case you could be taking someone else legitimate code. I think it's fair to say that's potentially 'not nice'. If you intended this as a public service announcement then all power to you, inform PA and get them to lock the codes to accounts (which they won't do as they know they make money whoever uses the code).
Interesting points. Searching and finding a system weak points feels akin to bargain searching. Codes might be intended for certain segment, however for the issuing firm to create a 100% perfect distribution so codes get only to where they are intended, it would be too costly, more so in cases they want to reach for new customers, so they calculate an error margin.
Which means that from their side, overreach of codes is already calculated. From the customer side --same as the case of bargain searching--, the time & energy invested in flaw searching should be discounted to the gains obtained in the success cases, so it's not a complete free-riding...

However, sharing private codes or found flaws at forums, when those reach to segments or numbers non-intended by the firm's strategy, then increases the costs having such promotions/holes.

///All in all, there's not an easy solution. Responsibility for their marketing lies in the firm, while the impact of one's actions may have a personal toll...
I wouldn't spread codes or flaws that will hurt startups or small developers that do not have the time, expertise or resources to prevent them. Still, some time I had been able to find an extra code, an extra angle for a discount... so to access very low prices, and this may leave me with mixed feelings, which in turn rise my attention enough to watch/question for the company well being or to be cautions to share it or not.

*(Edited for clarity). The tab crashed the moment I finished the first draft of this post, so thought it was lost. Left it be, to now 20 hours later find it was alive! :o. Hope now it is readeable :D
Last edited by Nspace on Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am This is the muppet thread you bargains!

On topic. I have RX7 standard, just got an offer from Izotope re upgrade/ update to RX8 Advanced for a mere £429. Does that figure ever come down, like right down?

Experience on Neutron/Izotope is that it's cheaper just to buy the new versions than update.
It doesn't tend to get much lower. That being said, I bought an upgrade from Standard to Advance 6.0 a few years ago directly from iZotope for less. My upgrade price was $399 USD and I had a 20% discount coupon and I was able to get it for $319.20 USD.

I've received 20% and 50% discount codes from iZotope on a few separate occasions. Once I opened a ticket to let them know that I could get a lower price from resellers for something that was on sale. Another time it was because I owned everything except one item in one of their suites and the upgrade cost to the suite cost more than the product I was missing.

YMMV. It really depends who helps you out if they give out a discount code or not.

Outside of that, if you had the upgrade offer in your cart and look around their and go back a few times, you might be offered a 5% discount on the spot, and if you confirm it, they send you and email. From the email, you click the link and the 5% discount is added to your cart.

becseigy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:24 pm Sonnox Oxford Limiter Native $65.00 at Audiodeluxe.
I stopped using the Sonnox a long time ago. Not because is bad, it's actually really good. I just find that Barricade 4, TDR Limiter 6, L-2, DMG Limitless, BOZ Big Clipper, Voxengo Elephant and even iZotope Ozone (in that order of preference) get me to the finish line faster and easier. If you don't have others, go for it. Boz Big Clipper is great for $29 at the moment...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”