auto sampling of VST instruments

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Auto Sampler creates separate .aiff files when sampling, logically named with both velocity and root note. The EXS instrument is simply a file describing how they should be loaded. You can use the audio files in any program.

I keep using Xtractpler for my needs on Mac computer, even better that also runs on BigSur OS version.

Renoise can do this, i.e. sample a VST with defined keyboard and velocity ranges. The resulting instrument can be exported in sfz format.

JeffLearman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm Why would you want to sample a VSTi?
In my case, I own some Maize Sampler plugins where the sounds are great but the plugins are not. There's a drum instrument that has hundreds of four-note kits, and the drums are not interchangeable. So if you want to have the kick from one kit and the snare from another, you have to open two instances of the plugin and have those kick/snare notes on separate tracks - a total hassle. I'd rather ditch the plugin and use the samples in anything else, like Battery or the awesome free Sitala.

I also own M-Tron Complete, and the plugin has many great sounds but I'd love to use those sounds elsewhere too.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Thanks, I get it!

I'm glad I asked why rather than saying "There's no reason to ..." or "Only an idiot would ..."

I think a free, open source autsampler might be a retirement hobby for me. That's not coming very soon, though.

tx16wx

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”