Reason high-res beta starts soon!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:14 pm
AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 pmIf someone has suite 11 and activates it when 12 is announced / out...will they get reason 12 as grace upgrade?...it would be great to know...
You mean Reason 11 serial that wasn't yet registered?

I'd guess so, but only if they'd activate it close enough - few weeks? - to 12's release date. Grace periods are usually up to a month or so.
No. I actually had suite 11 in mind.
Never used.activated.
I sort of think as there are many boxed version out there that when you activate it when 12 is out...you will get 12 and all the extra extensions... otherwise not quite a deal..but if you think the extra rack ins n effects are really worth it
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:54 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:14 pm
AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 pmIf someone has suite 11 and activates it when 12 is announced / out...will they get reason 12 as grace upgrade?...it would be great to know...
You mean Reason 11 serial that wasn't yet registered?

I'd guess so, but only if they'd activate it close enough - few weeks? - to 12's release date. Grace periods are usually up to a month or so.
No. I actually had suite 11 in mind.
Never used.activated.
I sort of think as there are many boxed version out there that when you activate it when 12 is out...you will get 12 and all the extra extensions... otherwise not quite a deal..but if you think the extra rack ins n effects are really worth it
You mean 11 Suite upgrade? Then I don't think you'd be eligible for free upgrade to 12, as there might not be 12 Suite equivalent.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:49 pm FWIW, I was joking. So, no offense meant. :hug:
None taken, I am really please Reason is going to eventually look as good as good as its sounds :party:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Captura de ecrã 2021-04-16 165841.jpg
:o :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music tech enthusiast

I hear it's still very much a work-in-progress. Hopefully the rest will follow shortly :pray:

From a friend who already got in:
It is only things within the Rack that are in HD including most devices.
The Mixer, Sequencer, Browser, ReGroove mixer etc are not in HD.

Elements that are not in HD:
- Wood panel in rack
- Rack navigator

The following devices are not in HD:
- ID8
- Scream
- RV7000
- BV512
- Combinator
- Spider Audio
- Spider CV
- Half rack width effects
- RV-7
- DDL-1
- D-11
- ECF-42
- CF-101
- PH-90
- UN-16
- COMP-1
- PEQ-2
- Master Section device
- Mix Channel device
- Audio Track device
- Placeholder device
- VST Proxy device

Devices that needs to be re-installed (if previously installed) to be in HD:
- Humana
- Klang
- Pangea
- Radical Piano
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:16 pm Elements that are not in HD:
- Wood panel in rack
I wanted to comment on the richness of detail of the faux wood earlier... :D

Ok, I've never seen a beta in such an early, very clearly work-in-progress state:
  • devices pop from low- to high-res assets in front of your eyes, sometimes minutes after they've been dragged into the Rack
  • mostly it's the classic devices that show high-res assets - Kong, Redrum, Thor, SubTractor, Maelstrom, Pulveriser, The Echo, etc. - and they look STUNNING!!! :love:
  • however, none of the REs that I tried, including Reason's own (e.g. Complex-1, Parsec2, REB, Polar) or 3rd party ones show high-res assets
  • players don't get updated, either
  • when scrolling, small elements of the device's GUI (e.g. separate components of Thor) seem to move at different pace, making it look like they're falling apart
  • there's no way to increase zoom level independent of Windows' scaling, like I can in Live, Bitwig, FL
  • it looks like there's no GPU acceleration yet, which was clearly announced
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:28 pm Ok, I've never seen a beta in such an early, very clearly work-in-progress state:
  • devices pop from low- to high-res assets in front of your eyes, sometimes minutes after they've been dragged into the Rack
  • mostly it's the classic devices that show high-res assets - Kong, Redrum, Thor, SubTractor, Maelstrom, Pulveriser, The Echo, etc. - and they look STUNNING!!! :love:
  • however, none of the REs that I tried, including Reason's own (e.g. Complex-1, Parsec2, REB, Polar) or 3rd party ones show high-res assets
  • players don't get updated, either
  • when scrolling, small elements of the device's GUI (e.g. separate components of Thor) seem to move at different pace, making it look like they're falling apart
  • there's no way to increase zoom level independent of Windows' scaling, like I can in Live, Bitwig, FL
  • it looks like there's no GPU acceleration yet, which was clearly announced
Any other updates besides graphics? I was hoping Thor would get those draggable destination arrows in the mod matrix.

Dalle wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:00 pmAny other updates besides graphics? I was hoping Thor would get those draggable destination arrows in the mod matrix.
No, but it's not expected. They clearly said current beta is high-res only. Functionally it's like Reason 11.x. New stuff - features, devices - is coming in Reason 12.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:28 pm [*]it looks like there's no GPU acceleration yet, which was clearly announced[/list]
Wait... So they're going to finally have smooth visuals?

Also, I don't expect 3rd party REs to get an update unless the person/company decides to.

I’m assuming it will all be resizable as well for 4K? Size matters :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

MuzikFreq wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:22 pmWait... So they're going to finally have smooth visuals?
Yes, GPU acceleration was specifically mentioned in the past, so I'm hoping this hasn't changed...

MuzikFreq wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:22 pmAlso, I don't expect 3rd party REs to get an update unless the person/company decides to.
High-res assets (5K I believe) were required for 3rd party REs from day one and the way REs are developed is resolution-independent. According to many devs speaking out on ReasonTalk, devs don't have to do anything for their devices to be upscaled. Also when you look at recently released 3rd party REs, it's clear devs already have access to high-res tools:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... emulation/

Although that's not yet working in current beta, even for Reason Studio's own REs like I mentioned.
Music tech enthusiast

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 pm I’m assuming it will all be resizable as well for 4K? Size matters :wink:
From what I see it doesn't have independent zoom like FL, Live or Bitwig do, which means it follows Windows' scaling factor :(
Music tech enthusiast

So, I guess this beta doesn’t have an NDA like they always had before? Ballsy.

I always thought the newer rack devices were mandated to have a certain higher res already? I thought it was just the older native devices that needed to be reskinned.

ShawnG wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 pmSo, I guess this beta doesn’t have an NDA like they always had before? Ballsy.
I didn't have to accept anything. Actually, I didn't even got any e-mail that I was accepted to beta - I just found the old link for beta I volunteered few months ago and it was all there. This is what they say:
Don't share information outside of the Reason Beta lounge

We would really appreciate it if you didn't share details about the beta (that includes videos, images and so on) since this version is not representative of the final release in terms of both performance and bugs. The beta is best discussed here at the beta forum with your fellow beta testers, which also helps us identifying issues.
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”