Autolinks revisited: Will this nonsense ever end?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1 product name, 3 words --> 3 misleading autolinks

viewtopic.php?p=8085109#p8085109

:dog:
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

I hope so!

Same.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

It would help if the styling were a bit less obtrusive. Links made on purpose get less visual attraction. So the balance is tilted to the wrong side.

Example: last week I read an article that George Martin slept in a cupboard in the Abbey Road studios.

What I do not understand is that "products mentioned" is always nothing despite autolinks finding some (false positives)
Last edited by BertKoor on Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

id forgot about them :o

Hope the companies that are being mislabeled are not potential or current advertisers on KVR, that would be embarrassing.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Well, whatever, this is a site that monetizes via advertising...
I will say this: that shit doesn't work on me, the psychological effect here is 'avoid like plague' as it's just gross

There should really be an "Exclude" list for common words. Example, I just used the phrase "put a Gain plugin" on that, and boom auto-link to some plugin I never heard of called "Gain." Ugh...

I really can't stand it. It's tolerable when a product has a specific name like Blackhole. But it's annoying AF when it comes to generic things like Gain. It seems wrong more often than it's right in my experience. It also seems to only work in certain forums, as it doesn't happen here.

Yeah, it's just as obnoxious as it has been from day one.
Artificial Idiocy.
This has brought the quality of KVR down a couple of notches in one single stroke.
Just replace your brain with a search and replace and have some tea, you'll not notice a thing...
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:56 pm There should really be an "Exclude" list for common words. Example, I just used the phrase "put a Gain plugin" on that, and boom auto-link to some plugin I never heard of called "Gain." Ugh...

I really can't stand it. It's tolerable when a product has a specific name like Blackhole. But it's annoying AF when it comes to generic things like Gain. It seems wrong more often than it's right in my experience. It also seems to only work in certain forums, as it doesn't happen here.
stop using capitals in the middle of sentences (or ever).
i never get the links :ud:

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:26 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:56 pm There should really be an "Exclude" list for common words. Example, I just used the phrase "put a Gain plugin" on that, and boom auto-link to some plugin I never heard of called "Gain." Ugh...

Oh sure! Let's just toss proper nouns out the window because of an autolink system!!! :x

Here's another post that triggered the awful-link system:

viewtopic.php?p=8172971#p8172971

...I think the solution would just be to have an exclude list for common terms.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm

Oh sure! Let's just toss proper nouns out the window because of an autolink system!!! :x

is gain a proper noun in this context? :P

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:06 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm

is gain a proper noun in this context? :P
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

is that a 70s after shave??

:hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Site Stuff”