Zenology Pro discussion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JamminFool wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:35 am
Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:24 pm I just bought the Zenology Pro Lifetime Key. The main interface and the edit window can be easily zoomed in Logic Pro on my M1 Mac Mini. However, the browser window isn't affected by the zoom level. Everything is the preset browser is so tiny that it's almost impossible to read. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Use Ctl-K on your keyboard (Windows) while the Browser is open to zoom. There may be an equivalent for Mac.
I figured out. For Mac, the shortcut is Cmd+K, which in Logic opens the musical typing keyboard by default. That's why I couldn't adjust the zoom level of the browser until I deleted the Cmd+K shortcut in Logic.

This showcases the type of the brain behind Zenology. Logic is the most popular DAW among Mac users, and why the heck did Roland decide to use a popular Logic shortcut as the browser zoom shortcut? Didn't they test Zenology in Logic?

I wouldn't might buying the JD-800 expansion but the combined cost for lifetime keys for it and Zenology Pro (might have mentioned this before) is way too much. I wish they would have created a separate VST just for the JD-800.

JamminFool wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 am Plug-in load time for Zenology Pro is horrendous.
This is my main issue with the plug-in. It is freezing my DAW for 20 seconds at least when loading the first instance. It's very frustrating, to the point I have to think twice before using it... A shame because it would be easily one of the most used synth I have otherwise.

On another note, I'd really like to see SuperNATURAL acoustic instruments expansions for Zenology!
Last edited by sinemotor on Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double

slasi wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm Anybody else getting serious stepping on the filters? It seems to be better or worse depending on host, but it's pretty bad on every host I've tried. It's the same for me whether I use the UI or map to a controller. I really wanted to like it as It's very useful along with my MC-101 but with this kind of performance I can't commit to it.
That's a serious problem I've observed too. Going to send support ticket to resolve this issue.

Examigan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:09 amI wouldn't might buying the JD-800 expansion but the combined cost for lifetime keys for it and Zenology Pro (might have mentioned this before) is way too much.
Unfortunately I think they know that and it's deliberate - both in order to promote the idea of rental, and to make it sufficiently expensive that you start thinking about whether certain Zenology hardware might represent better use of your money.

There's a decent chance they'll eventually stick it in the (presently $499) Zenology bundle at some point, though hopefully that won't result in them further hiking that (already steep) price further too.
I wish they would have created a separate VST just for the JD-800.
In terms of dedicated plugins it's not just that many people prefer them. There's practical considerations too - like the inability to import original hardware format presets, if it's restricted to the Zenology path. As said, there's no reason they couldn't do a dedicated 990 VST/AU plugin, make both sets of users happy, and get to sell two things.

sinemotor wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:42 pm
JamminFool wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 am Plug-in load time for Zenology Pro is horrendous.
This is my main issue with the plug-in. It is freezing my DAW for 20 seconds at least when loading the first instance. It's very frustrating, to the point I have to think twice before using it... A shame because it would be easily one of the most used synth I have otherwise.
Yep. The delay appears to be related to the copy protection phoning home. I think there were some words to the contrary, on another thread, that they'd improved this, which is presently not true as far as I can tell.

It still regularly delays things by a good 20 seconds when you first launch the plugins and, no matter how they try to paint it, that's unacceptable performance and they NEED to reform how this stuff is working.
On another note, I'd really like to see SuperNATURAL acoustic instruments expansions for Zenology!
Yes indeed.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:30 pm
slasi wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm Anybody else getting serious stepping on the filters? It seems to be better or worse depending on host, but it's pretty bad on every host I've tried. It's the same for me whether I use the UI or map to a controller. I really wanted to like it as It's very useful along with my MC-101 but with this kind of performance I can't commit to it.
That's a serious problem I've observed too. Going to send support ticket to resolve this issue.
The magic phrase you're looking for is "parameter smoothing". Normally plugins will take input, from your 7 bit MIDI controllers, and smooth the received values out, so that you don't hear steppy filters.

However, even with a straight diagonal automation line, drawn in your DAW host, Zenology often sounds like it's barely processing the steps with even 7 bit resolution! This is NOT normal for plugins, much less in 2021.

BTW They made a big deal of how the Fantom 6/7/8 has a native 10 bit (1024 step) engine and hardware controls, for smooth parameter control. One would hate to think they're deliberately crippling their softwares controller processing resolution in order to better sell the "advantages" of their hardware. Please post back with whatever they tell you.

I think I have found a bug in Zenology Pro, or at least very unintuitive behaviour.

Say I have a sine wave on partial 1, and another one on partial 2 a couple of octaves higher.

Now I add a slow amp envelope attack to partial 2. With the structure off, you hear partial 1 constant, and partial 2 getting louder. Fine so far.

Now if I change the structure to X Mod, I would expect it to start off with the simple sine on 1, then for the modulation from 2 to increase over time as the attack increases.

But it doesn't, I just get a constant modulated tone. Surely this is a bug? Can anyone offer any insight?

Anyone knows what happens if your pause the sub?
Will Zenology Lite still play a user patch?
Will Z Lite play a factory patch that was tweaked and just saved in the DAW?

Is anyone recorded automation with Zenology Pro on FL Studio 20 - Mac M1? I trying and it's fully not works!! Plus in Logic Pro it's working but with a bugs, after Bounce it's sometime not recording properly.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Its worth the subscription, especially even in the base version you get some good sounds. I do prefer the Triton though

pauldee76 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 am I think I have found a bug in Zenology Pro, or at least very unintuitive behaviour.

Say I have a sine wave on partial 1, and another one on partial 2 a couple of octaves higher.

Now I add a slow amp envelope attack to partial 2. With the structure off, you hear partial 1 constant, and partial 2 getting louder. Fine so far.

Now if I change the structure to X Mod, I would expect it to start off with the simple sine on 1, then for the modulation from 2 to increase over time as the attack increases.

But it doesn't, I just get a constant modulated tone. Surely this is a bug? Can anyone offer any insight?
Xmod is 2 Oscillators Modulating each other so it doesn't matter what the Attack is since it Modulate on Oscillator and Pitch Level and not Amplitude.

Is this plugin developing? Is the filter stepping fixed?
How about copy protection. Is it possible to use it offline when buying a lifetime key license? Or do one have to keep it online to work?

Mantras wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:38 am Is this plugin developing? Is the filter stepping fixed?
How about copy protection. Is it possible to use it offline when buying a lifetime key license? Or do one have to keep it online to work?
It is Online Protection only so you have to login once every 30 Days to the Cloud program to keep it activated.

Return to “Instruments”