Reason high-res beta starts soon!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:14 amAt least a VST I can use in everything, and the VST3 format is actually pretty good.
But the point is you can now use REs everywhere, too.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Until the 'resizable' 4K solution comes along (I have an older version of Reason I can upgrade) I have found CA Voltage rack to be a pretty good alternative for the type of stuff I used to do in Reason, particularly as they have now introduced a piano roll editor in the stand alone version. https://cherryaudio.com/news/2021-04-15 ... piano-roll
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:25 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:14 amAt least a VST I can use in everything, and the VST3 format is actually pretty good.
Can you? (I didn't know that) so how come you are "chained" to the Reason then?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:29 am
antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:25 am
Can you? (I didn't know that) so how come you are "chained" to the Reason then?
Because if I'd sell Reason I wouldn't be able to use REs everywhere. Reason Rack Plugin is a part of Reason, at least for now. And they've cencelled the Intro/Lite version, so it's either subscription or full Reason.

So I need to keep Reason (and probably upgrade it at least to v12) to have access to high-res GUI for both the DAW and REs.
Music tech enthusiast

Groovy.

The Rack is potentially shaping up to be a high quality tool.
Yo Leroy!

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 am Groovy.

The Rack is potentially shaping up to be a high quality tool.
Always has been, just not as convenient to use and really didn't have a way to try it out before

LOL! 🤔
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

It's hillarious to read the comments on the beta forum where people are confused they're not seeing a difference with 100% scaling on a 1080p, 2K or 4K screens... :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

I don't like they scaling thing. I mean, I run 100% on my 3840×1600 screen, which works ok in most applications. I don't want to be forced to scale to a higher % just to get the Reason devices lsrger since everything else would be larger then.

Are Reason Studios missing the point, or is it just me?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 am I don't like they scaling thing. I mean, I run 100% on my 3840×1600 screen, which works ok in most applications. I don't want to be forced to scale to a higher % just to get the Reason devices lsrger since everything else would be larger then.

They are :(

They should provide independent - from Windows' - scaling, just like Bitwig, Live or FL Studio do. On the other hand, they probably take inspiration from more traditional DAWs like Cubase, Studio One or Reaper that either follow Windows settings. Hopefully it's coming in the final release version...
Music tech enthusiast

I doubt very much that the props don’t get that resizing is needed. I guess you have to go hires before you can resize or it will look even worse when made bigger....monitor resolutions are only getting higher....4K will become the new HD, it must be like a Moore’s law or something!

antic604 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:19 am
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 am I don't like they scaling thing. I mean, I run 100% on my 3840×1600 screen, which works ok in most applications. I don't want to be forced to scale to a higher % just to get the Reason devices lsrger since everything else would be larger then.

They are :(

They should provide independent - from Windows' - scaling, just like Bitwig, Live or FL do. On the other hand, they probably take inspiration from more traditional DAWs like Cubase, Studio One or Reaper that either follow Windows settings. Hopefully it's coming in the final release version...
I'm really sorry to hear this, this is not at all what I expected (and hoped for). For me everything in Reason, except the rack devices are in the size I would like it to. Possibly the mixer could benefit from individual rescaling too.

@Anosou, really, is this what you believe your users have asked for all these years?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I thought there was going to be a button like the vst
where the high-res were going to come out

hope they don't do the cyberpunk

but it's an early beta, we need wait

electronic115 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:47 pm I thought there was going to be a button like the vst

Lol, what? :D
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 pm
electronic115 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:47 pm I thought there was going to be a button like the vst

Lol, what? :D
When Cyberpunk 2077 finally launched on 10 December, the backlash was swift and furious. Players shared videos of screens overrun with tiny trees or characters gallivanting around without pants, and compiled lists of features that had been promised but were not in the final product.18 Jan 2021

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”