How can I achieve a Talkbox & Compuvox sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would guess you would not mind a VST, if you can apply the effect to your life voice.
As you use Bitwig, one could try to do some magic in the Grid.
A Talkbox acts like multiple resonant filters. A vocoder could come close, but is different. Usually the Talkbox does not need that your voice sounds, just the forming of the mouth applies the filtering. You would have to experiment a bit, but I fear its easier to build your own physical Talkbox... (and why not?)

horizon7 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:29 pm Well I already explained this above clearly
No, I dont see clear explanations that confirm the questions Im asking. I think its likely you explained less clearly than you think.

For example, you havent actually explained which 'CompuVox' you mean. Or which text2speech algorithm, since they've existed since the 70s or so and the modern ones sound identical to regular people. And whether you mean an actual physical talkbox, or the algorithm in the VST plugin.
, other gentlemen are willing to answer my question properly because they understand well.
Or perhaps they're willing but they misunderstand badly. I'd prefer not to be in that situation, which is why I was soliciting more information. That's how it works when people try and help other people; they look to establish that they understand the problem properly.

I guess you have some sort of issue with that, though.
So please Leave a room for others to answer me. You don’t have to do so.
No thanks, I think I'll stay and try to find out if you're willing to provide enough information that I can answer myself.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Has there ever been a decent talkbox emulation ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:48 pm Has there ever been a decent talkbox emulation ?
The real physical device? Nah, not really. Most are basically variants on vocoders, but a real talkbox would require quite a complex physical model ie of a speaker, then a small-diameter tube, and then a controllable dynamic model of the human mouth and vocal tract.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:00 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:48 pm Has there ever been a decent talkbox emulation ?
The real physical device? Nah, not really. Most are basically variants on vocoders, but a real talkbox would require quite a complex physical model ie of a speaker, then a small-diameter tube, and then a controllable dynamic model of the human mouth and vocal tract.
Quick google says Vocalsynth has a feature for it, but tbh i've never heard it.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/voc ... lkbox.html

I'd be interested to hear an example.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

closest you might get soundwise in the box, probably a vowel filter.

but like whyterabbyt says, for a good one, too many variables.

simplest way, old speaker, funnel, tube, mic and get funky with a glue gun.

the biggest issue with this question is that it's three questions. I second the vowel filter idea for a talkbox, that's the closest thing on the computer I've ever seen

thinking about it, how much use would a talkbox be on the voice?
it's designed to make instruments sound like the human voice, by adding the ooh ahh sounds a vowel filter would.
maybe if you have long choir type vocals and want to add movement, but over speech, the vowel sounds are already there :shrug:

might dig my talkbox out and try it out.

horizon7 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:09 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:06 pm why not use this cool thing?
https://blog.wavosaur.com/text-to-speech-vst-vst-speek/
Thanks I download it & i like it but I want to
Use the same technique but using my voice instead
of a character programmed template.
So you want speech to speech ? :?

Sounds like you want a Vocoder.

https://producelikeapro.com/blog/best-v ... gins-2020/

Trying to accomplish a task without using the tools designed for that task may not be the best use of your time but good luck. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

LeVzi wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:08 pm
Quick google says Vocalsynth has a feature for it, but tbh i've never heard it.
Yup, and that's actually one of the problems in trying to work out what the OP is asking for here. Vocalsynth has algorithms/sections called 'Talkbox' and 'Compuvox' but he wont say if that's what he's talking about, or if its real devices he's talking about, or something else.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:49 pm
Who knows. I actually thought he meant he wanted to get 'text-to-speech-where-the-speech-is-his-voice.' But he's adamant that he's explained fully and everyone else knows what he's talking about.

perhaps a ring modulator?

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:49 pm
Who knows. I actually thought he meant he wanted to get 'text-to-speech-where-the-speech-is-his-voice.' But he's adamant that he's explained fully and everyone else knows what he's talking about.
im getting "make his voice sound like text to speech".
but as you said already, which one? you wanna sound like alexa or tron?

which effects are we looking to sound like? is there an example, as the description aside from talkbox is very vague, as there are lots of sounds you might mean, which could be achieved in different ways.
without knowing which particular version of that sound, it's like asking for a bird sound, and then saying everyone is wrong, until someone finally gets to mute swan :shrug:

horizon7 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:35 pm try to be polite
Well, there's a time and place for everything... :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”