Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

arkmabat wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:56 pm Is this EDM?
IMO, no. I never quite understood the term though.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:27 pm
EnGee wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:04 am
Urs wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:50 am
EnGee wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:45 am How about the oscillators and filters in Zebra 3? What can Urs tell us about them?
I believe this is the most interesting information the owners of Zebra 2 want to hear? Isn't it? :D
I just admitted, I have absolutely no idea what role the oscillators play at all :oops:
Ok, so no new oscillators :| What about the filters? Other enhancements? I'm dying to have some info about Zebra 3 :hihi:

Forget about the SuperSaw! You did the Hive, that's enough! :clown:
The Zebra 3 thread in the u-he forum has lots of little tidbits of info on Z3 if you read through it.
Thanks. I'll check it out :)

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:03 pm
The use of the term goes way back. Before, wait for it, EDM was popular. Ok, before electronic dance music exploded in popularity, the term was meant as a catchall term for all things electronic dance music (except rap/hip hop). The general public might have used techno for that purpose, but for anyone who knew what techno was, that was incorrect.

Sometime in the relatively recent past, younguns started to use the word to refer to their particular shite brand of "music" that is the bastard child of obnoxious trance and twice obnoxious X-step (X is a variable). Trance was already the ugly foster child of proper underground electronic dance music. Hmm, let's just go with underground dance music, or UDM. That's what I'm going to use from now on. It means all tasteful and worthwhile electronic dance music that is played at proper parties and clubs. Note, by definition it does not include EDM. Ok, back to where we were. I guess we can't ignore the unfortunate and improperly named and equally unfortunate Electro House era. Ok, back to the rant.

So it now causes confusion, especially among the younguns who don't realize that they co-opted a term that already had a definition. Even though the old farts would like to use it in its proper umbrella capacity, they don't want to be seen as talking about this new brand of shite, so, we just get old and ignore the youngsters with their gizmo-widgets and thinger-ma-jobs, as we should.

We still enjoy UDM though.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arkmabat wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:56 pm Is this EDM? It's certainly electronic and you can definitely dance to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhBRJStz7w
The question is : can you imagine a DJ playing it in clubbing or a huge party and not being booed nowadays ?
Yes => it’s EDM
No => it’s not

No personal tastes involved. I listen to metal, reggae, rock, pop...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

when i was a teen, bands like autopsy, kreator, other german stuff would be under edm
death/obituary and such under usadm

:band:

(european death metal)

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:25 pm
when i was a teen, bands like autopsy, kreator, other german stuff would be under edm

(european death metal)
Especially Dumb "Music"

ODM would have been better, Obnoxious Dance Music.

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:29 pm

(european death metal)
Especially Dumb "Music"

extreme aggression :x

The only message I’m here for is that hammers are not used by gardeners, and synthesizers are not used by waltz composers : EDM is a true huge market when you make synths. They are the ones who use the most the synths in actual modern music market !! If EDM makers say they can’t use your synth, to me it appears some options might be thought about.
But I’ve perfectly understood Urs is open to suggestions and will think about it, no problem, I’m only clarifying my position. I know most of you don’t give a s#it about EDM and I’m fine with it.

DJErmac wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 pm The only message I’m here for is that hammers are not used by gardeners, and synthesizers are not used by waltz composers : EDM is a true huge market when you make synths. They are the ones who use the most the synths in actual modern music market !! If EDM makers say they can’t use your synth, to me it appears some options might be thought about.
But I’ve perfectly understood Urs is open to suggestions and will think about it, no problem, I’m only clarifying my position. I know most of you don’t give a s#it about EDM and I’m fine with it.
what if they're fixing the fence?

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:34 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:29 pm

(european death metal)
Especially Dumb "Music"

extreme aggression :x
Not that I'm a fan of obnoxious metal either, but I was really still ranting about modern abuse of plugins to create abominations that are pure blasphemy.

I'm going to need some Eliana to bring my blood pressure down a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkhIIKe0ju8

To be fair, I would certainly reach for Zebra if I were asked to make Waltz EDM.

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 pm
DJErmac wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 pm The only message I’m here for is that hammers are not used by gardeners, and synthesizers are not used by waltz composers : EDM is a true huge market when you make synths. They are the ones who use the most the synths in actual modern music market !! If EDM makers say they can’t use your synth, to me it appears some options might be thought about.
Right? How offensive to think that a gardener wouldn't use a hammer.

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 pm
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

arkmabat wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:42 pm To be fair, I would certainly reach for Zebra if I were asked to make Waltz EDM.
That sounds like the perfect genre for HZ sounds.

Return to “Instruments”