Cherry Audio's CA2600 is available NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
363 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:20 am

I'm loving CA2600 as well. Messed with all the presets, did my own, PLAYED a lot, never once heard any aliasing issues. Didn't bother looking for it. Just musically fun!

KVRist
349 posts since 15 Apr, 2020

Post Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:05 am

Has anyone tested whether the previous aliasing issues in OSC sync mode have been fixed? I would really like to get the CA2600, but I'm a bit hesitant.

KVRist
218 posts since 29 Nov, 2019

Post Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:20 am

Modulation distortion is probably a better word, but in any case, hardsync is still rough in the high registers, and I suspect it will remain that way. Don't think CA view it as broken, btw and to be fair, it's probably not easy to implement in a fully modular system. Softube's modular isn't very good at it either. Arturia's Modular V3 a bit better, as long as one does not try to modulate it too much ( and it's not implemented in a modular way ) . TAL Mod by far the best, but that isn't really modular either.

Having said that, this synth is absolutely great for exploring the wonderful world of frequency, amplitude, ring, and filter cutoff modulation ( at audio frequencies, that is.) Even pulse width and the electronic switch are usable in that regard. It's no U-he quality, but a it's nice synth, has a pleasant quick and easy workflow too ; I'd say it's worth the $25 CA are asking for it.

Return to “Instruments”