Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:36 pm It’s dope, I use it regularly. There is a demo.
escalona wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:52 pm I stopped using the Sonnox a long time ago. Not because is bad, it's actually really good. I just find that Barricade 4, TDR Limiter 6, L-2, DMG Limitless, BOZ Big Clipper, Voxengo Elephant and even iZotope Ozone (in that order of preference) get me to the finish line faster and easier. If you don't have others, go for it. Boz Big Clipper is great for $29 at the moment...
Thanks for the info.
Yes, i heard that the BOZ Big Clipper is a really good buy, and since it’s now only $ 19 the upgrade price for me I bought it now; thank you for bringing it to my attention. But it’s also true that at first it’s not as simple as the Ozone I’m using right now :)
I used to use TDR for a while too, but i found Ozone to be more usable for me. Maybe my list is just the opposite, and on that basis I think I should try Sonnox too :)

Sonnox Limiter sounds good, the only reason i don't use it anymore is that i really can't be f**ked constantly plugging the usb ilok into my laptop. Sonnox is the only company in my ilok account that refuse to allow machine authorisation.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Sonnox Supresser?

At $60, I’m gassing...

Nspace wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:32 pm Furthermore, its has been customary that the (relevant) feature that typically each Advanced version has over Standard, is later on transferred to de standard version, one or two version upgrades after it was firstly released in advanced.
The RX feature I want is the de-wind, I think that's been in Advanced for a while. I do a fair amount of field recordings and the wind noise tends to be a bit of an issue.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:58 am The RX feature I want is the de-wind, I think that's been in Advanced for a while. I do a fair amount of field recordings and the wind noise tends to be a bit of an issue.
Nailed it. That is the relevant RX8 Advanced feature that has yet to trickle down to standard. The thing is that iZotope typical yearly upgrade cadence for the RX line stopped last year. My take is that precisely not relevant new features could be found/developed in the lapse.
However two years seem to be the largest stretch they might go without revenue from this power horse, unless the development team has switched to elsewhere, which is very unlikely.

An update to RX9 is quite possible to happen soon, only because in this couple of years past, they should have managed to train the AI algorithms RX use for better results. So if you are going to expend $400 (or a tad less if lucky) for an Advanced upgrade, you probably better wait some months. If its release is in the summer, the mentioned discounts could be in place for BF/Christmas. Even earlier in this special year where budgets do not justify large payments.

Nspace wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:56 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:58 am The RX feature I want is the de-wind, I think that's been in Advanced for a while. I do a fair amount of field recordings and the wind noise tends to be a bit of an issue.
Nailed it. That is the relevant RX8 Advanced feature that has yet to trickle down to standard. The thing is that iZotope typical yearly upgrade cadence for the RX line stopped last year. My take is that precisely not relevant new features could be found/developed in the lapse.
However two years seem to be the largest stretch they might go without revenue from this power horse, unless the development team has switched to elsewhere, which is very unlikely.

An update to RX9 is quite possible to happen soon, only because in this couple of years past, they should have managed to train the AI algorithms RX use for better results. So if you are going to expend $400 (or a tad less if lucky) for an Advanced upgrade, you probably better wait some months. If its release is in the summer, the mentioned discounts could be in place for BF/Christmas. Even earlier in this special year where budgets do not justify large payments.
better to invest in better wind protection for your mics and work on technique than use repairs. There are a few improvements RX could have - crossfade, selection feathering, editable layers/multitrack.

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:29 pm

better to invest in better wind protection for your mics and work on technique than use repairs. There are a few improvements RX could have - crossfade, selection feathering, editable layers/multitrack.
While that's the ideal to invest in better wind protection, that's assuming you are the one doing the recording. If you're in post, you usually have to work with what you're given.

SolarAxix wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:07 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:29 pm

While that's the ideal to invest in better wind protection, that's assuming you are the one doing the recording. If you're in post, you usually have to work with what you're given.
for sure, and i do both field recordings and post. I should have just quoted chamomileshark who said they are field recording themselves but getting problems with their own recordings.

^^^ I record wind alone to train the spectral denoise (do a few passes), and lowcut the rumble first. Works well in RX Standard.

BTW, I highly recommend the Karoryfer Sample sfz libraries on sale this month. Very distinctive! Lots of articulations, keyswitches, controls & snapshots. Check out the walkthrough videos and demos. The user guides are unusually helpful, too.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

RX does have selection feathering - it's in the settings. It's not that tweakable though as you have to menu dive and can't easily set feathering for each selection, ie: like Photoshop, and you also can't do huge feathering - just a few milliseconds or whatever.

I use RX standard religiously for trims, silence gaps, master fades, sample rate changes and dithering - it is absolutely clinical.

Crossfades / multi-track would be amazing and make it like a "spectral DAW". Would love to see that.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:04 pm That's sad. Glad to be a Windows user. Mac sounds like a PITA to me. Of course, not because these two plugins are not compatible, just saying in general.
The Mac OS updates never live up to Apple's hype. Once I figured that out, I learned to leave well enough alone. My music computer is 2 OS's behind and I have no intention of upgrading it. Plus, Apple still provides security updates for the old OS's.

Deals deals deals, GAS GAS GAS, on top Mac PC battle, ready, FAITTO!

e@rs wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 am Uncle E, will you have Boz Digital Labs Big Clipper sale ($29) that's on their site right now?
Sorry, no. We'll have Little Clipper on sale for $29 next month but you should get Big Clipper instead.

becseigy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:24 pm Sonnox Oxford Limiter Native $65.00 at Audiodeluxe.
Are there anyone who still uses it today?
How compared to DMG, Fabfilter, iZotope or Waves L2?
There are a few comparative videos on youtube, but I would be interested in the opinion of someone who has used them in the long run.
It has their Warmth algorithm, the same that is in Inflator but I think it applies dynamically with the limiting. Personally, I find the sound to be heavy-handed but a lot of people absolutely love it.

Nspace wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:32 pm Furthermore, its has been customary that the (relevant) feature that typically each Advanced version has over Standard, is later on transferred to de standard version, one or two version upgrades after it was firstly released in advanced.
Yes, and old versions of RX still work very well for most tasks. RX 7 has most of the great dialogue tools.

Michael L wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:50 am ^^^ I record wind alone to train the spectral denoise (do a few passes), and lowcut the rumble first.
Spectral De-Noise is fantastic. I use it almost daily. It's super slow at the highest quality settings so I batch process with it during meal breaks.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”