E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:31 pm Recognized on C.
I think it's the standard file path specified by Steinberg or something along those lines. This is why some installers don't allow you to install VST3 files wherever you want and they just automatically put it in the correct folder.

Thanks, I have others on external HD(s) with no problem.
How does sequencer play/record work?

I tried it (quickly only so far) : I like the design, it's great to play with. I was surprised to realise that the GUI doesn't seem resizeable (unless i'm missing something)?
The step recorder is great !
I like the various delay modes :)

Musical Gym wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:51 pm Thanks, I have others on external HD(s) with no problem.
How does sequencer play/record work?
Just click on Mode, select Sequencer Record, Click some notes on the GUI keyboard (or your midi controller I imagine haven't tried that) then select Sequencer Play.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:05 am
Musical Gym wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:51 pm How does sequencer play/record work?
Just click on Mode, select Sequencer Record, Click some notes on the GUI keyboard (or your midi controller I imagine haven't tried that) then select Sequencer Play.
Thanks
Edit: Record seems to work but nothing plays back when switched to Play and running daw track with painted chord. Looks like there's no way to insert a rest or set timing of each note.
(Weird how kvr converts simple words to product links that have nothing to do with topic.)

Musical Gym wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:09 am Edit: Record seems to work but nothing plays back when switched to Play and running daw track with painted chord. Looks like there's no way to insert a rest or set timing of each note.
It works here in Reaper with polyphonic notes in the piano roll. Don't forget to increase polyphony up from 1.

I don't think the sequencer is intended to be as complex as the one found in your DAW. Just something to make cool bass lines etc.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sounds very nice, especially for one so reasonably priced!
A well-behaved signature.

@Teksonik - thanks for tip on polyphony

Thanks for all the nice feedback guys! I'll make a manual to explain the synth a bit better in one of the next releases.

@Musical Gym: Can you check if the VST folder on G: is added to the folders that are scanned by Studio One?
(see: preferences -> locations -> vst plugins)

PJ

Strange sound in unison mode, as if not each voice starts with a different phase. I do not understand how to assign a level on the modwheel to cutoff. Pardon my English.

e-phonic wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:13 am @Musical Gym: Can you check if the VST folder on G: is added to the folders that are scanned by Studio One?
Yes, I made sure the path was there, but it only found it on C: after I moved it there.

I found that Invader does not respond to a sustain pedal. (Midi #64)
And touch support would be great.

Thanks, I'm keeping a list of all remarks. I will check and work on them in future releases.

Just spent way too long messing with sequences and the Disco Alpha patch, can't put my finger on it, just a really nice sound to this.

Only things I'd say:

Rests in the sequencer would be cool.
Maybe a high pass filter option?

Return to “Instruments”