I've been working on this synthesizer on and off for a while now and finally had some time to make a public BETA version for Windows and OSX (intel). The synth was developed to be a reasonably light weight poly synth that is easy to program.
Some of the highlights:
- Knob-per-function interface, what you see it what you get.
- 2 oscillators + 1 sub oscillator (tri, saw, pw, sync)
- Polyphonic stereo unison with optional low CPU unison emulation mode (up to 48 voices)
- 2 low pass resonant filter types (clean and raw)
- Filter drive or high pass option
- Stereo noise generator
- Ring modulation
- 2 LFOs with delay function
- 2 Envelopes
- Delay effect with normal, ping pong, tape and diffusion delay modes
- Arpeggiator / 16 step sequencer
- 4 x oversampled engine
- Medium and high quality modes
- 200+ presets
As long as Invader is in BETA, you can decide your price. Pay what you want! (Starting at €5,-)
I've been using it mostly in Studio One and Reaper so bugs might still be present in other DAW's. Please report any issues you may find.
Fix hanging notes on Reaper
- Adds UI scaling (70% - 200%)
- Filter 1 HP and Filter 2 Drive no longer share the same parameter. Presets are updated accordingly.
- Filter 1: changed the range of the HP filter
- Preset browser now closes when pressing the preset bar again.
- Fix: Scroll position of preset browser jumping back when switching between wheel scrolling and using the scrollbar.
- iPlug2 framework updated to latest version
OSX version is now available.
- Fix: spacebar no longer captured by plugin
- Fix: opening a Ableton (Windows) project with scaled UI now works properly
- OSX VST3 version now available
- Change: parameter behaviour updated
- Osc freq and tuning now steps semitones when alt / option is pressed
- Osc freq, mod and tuning sliders now have linear response.
- Mod amount sliders gearing is a bit less sensitive for easier control
- Parameters now show the correct values when used in automation
- Parameters now have better compatibility for future updates.
- All patches are converted to new format.
Old .ivp patches are converted automatically to the new format on load. Please re-save your patches to retain compatibility for future releases.
- Change: prev / next preset can now be controlled with keyboard up / down or left / right
- Changed plugin name to Invader 2
- Informative tooltips for 'Mod Amount' and 'Mod Source' have been removed.
- Delay mix value tooltip added
- Fix: Saving presets works again
- UI has slightly more contrast
- Fix: Stepped controls no longer have in between states in Reaper
- Preset browser now closes on escape key
- Preset browser now skips to next / prev folder using left / right keys
- Preset readout now shows preset category
- Invader LCD font updated
- Envelopes renamed and swapped filter envelope to top, amp env to bottom.
- Fix: Recording notes no longer cuts sound of overlapping notes
- Knobs rotate a bit further to match the indicator lines
- Reduced the contrast of the UI text slightly
- Plugin no longer in beta
- Pay what you want' option remains available as introduction offer.
- Fix scaling issues and blurry interface on some configurations.
- Qwerty keyboard now disabled by default to prevent hanging notes in FL Studio.
The keyboard can be enabled via the menu.
PJ @ E-Phonic