Reason high-res beta starts soon!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:10 pm
antic604 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 pm Lol, what? :D
When Cyberpunk 2077 finally launched on 10 December, the backlash was swift and furious. Players shared videos of screens overrun with tiny trees or characters gallivanting around without pants, and compiled lists of features that had been promised but were not in the final product.18 Jan 2021
Sorry, I'm aware of Cyberpunk 2077 situation. I was confused about the "button like the vst where the high-res were going to come out" :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:29 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:10 pm
antic604 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 pm Lol, what? :D
When Cyberpunk 2077 finally launched on 10 December, the backlash was swift and furious. Players shared videos of screens overrun with tiny trees or characters gallivanting around without pants, and compiled lists of features that had been promised but were not in the final product.18 Jan 2021
Sorry, I'm aware of Cyberpunk 2077 situation. I was confused about the "button like the vst where the high-res were going to come out" :)
Sorry- just assumed it was the Cyberpunk reference that threw you, should have know better :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:35 pmSorry- just assumed it was the Cyberpunk reference that threw you, should have know better :wink:
I'm Polish, so I know what's happening around our biggest game dev whether I want it or not ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 was made 56 years to early .

MuzikFreq wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 am
BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 am Groovy.

The Rack is potentially shaping up to be a high quality tool.
Always has been...
Not for those with a high resolution screen. It was absolutely brutal trying to work with it for any length of time.
Yo Leroy!

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:07 pm
MuzikFreq wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 am
BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 am Groovy.

The Rack is potentially shaping up to be a high quality tool.
Always has been...
Not for those with a high resolution screen. It was absolutely brutal trying to work with it for any length of time.
How hires?

1080p which a vast majority run?
1440p which really only really picked up in the past couple years?
4k which is for the most part pointless as apc monitor which people tend to not understand the concept of diminishing returns....
4k is really only useful with really large panels as 27-32" displays will make the scaling tiny.

I run reason on a 1080p with 0 issues on a 15" laptop and a 32" 1440p panel with still little too no issues. Yes sooner things need updating but I'm not blind.

I don't know about everyone else, but I use a 32inch 4K...it works really, looks great with almost everything and has loads of screen real estate for VSTs to be open without covering the DAW. This works with everything for me other than Reason, but maybe us 4K large monitor users are in the minority and not a priority.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I'm pretty sure full HD is still the most common resolution, by far.

Doesn't mean that software doesn't need to scale well to different resolutions. On the contrary, I think it's great.

As a 1080P user I still find the Reason rack to be too small and look forward to higher resolution. The fact their web developers didn't check the sign up for browser compatibility.... :tantrum:

MuzikFreq wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:28 pm 4k is really only useful with really large panels as 27-32" displays will make the scaling tiny.
Totally agree. 32" might work, if you're relatively close to the screen. But, 27" 4k is pretty nuts, IMO.

machinesworking wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 pm As a 1080P user I still find the Reason rack to be too small and look forward to higher resolution.
It really depends on your screen size.

It's not like HiDPI displays are some new, up-and-coming technology. "Retina" MacBooks first launched in 2012 with the 5K iMacs following suit in 2014. Once you've spent a good amount of time staring at that level of razor sharp clarity, it's difficult to go back.

Forbidden (403)

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

More information is available with DEBUG=True.
On both Firefox and Safari here. That's some serious nonsense shit web developing going on there. :dog:

Tronam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:57 pm It's not like HiDPI displays are some new, up-and-coming technology. "Retina" MacBooks first launched in 2012 with the 5K iMacs following suit in 2014. Once you've spent a good amount of time staring at that level of razor sharp clarity, it's difficult to go back.
How fortunate that Apple, with their 16% market share world wide or something, aren't the center of the universe. :ud:

Such displays only got affordable a few years back. The average computer user doesn't buy a computer or laptop for 2.000 € plus. While many Mac users do.

Anyway, we can discuss this until next Christmas. Or, we just agree that the vast majority of users still use full HD displays, as that's a fact.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:54 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 pm As a 1080P user I still find the Reason rack to be too small and look forward to higher resolution.
It really depends on your screen size.
I'm sure this is a joke, but I'm talking 1920x1080, about as bog standard as it gets. Reason 11 is still the tiniest DAW I own, a real squint fest. So yes, better resolution for sure, and hopefully the ability to resize the entire Application is coming.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”