Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:43 pm
abducted wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 pm It's pretty clear that they mean it will be something that was never done before, and that's why it's so exciting
I'll venture to guess that you're going to be disappointed. Lots of bog average products get buzz words like revolutionary attached to their marketing materials.

I'm guessing it will be something more evolutionary than revolutionary. Kind of like how Pigments had some interesting ways to display modulations, but isn't in and of itself anything revolutionary.
But then there will be thousands of disappointed people, and it will hurt their buisness. Besides, on the facebook page, they mention a pricetag of 398 euros, which is very expensive for a soft synth, so it needs to be very revolutionary indeed, otherwise nobody will buy it.

abducted wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:59 pm
abducted wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 pm It's pretty clear that they mean it will be something that was never done before, and that's why it's so exciting
I'll venture to guess that you're going to be disappointed. Lots of bog average products get buzz words like revolutionary attached to their marketing materials.

I'm guessing it will be something more evolutionary than revolutionary. Kind of like how Pigments had some interesting ways to display modulations, but isn't in and of itself anything revolutionary.
But then there will be thousands of disappointed people, and it will hurt their buisness. Besides, on the facebook page, they mention a pricetag of 398 euros, which is very expensive for a soft synth, so it needs to be very revolutionary indeed, otherwise nobody will buy it.
That's the list price, your personal offer cross-grade price will never go lower than $199, until it does and you can get it for $99 at some point when the original text on their website will change from will never to probably won't.

abducted wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:59 pm

Wow, that puts it even beyond the prices of Plugin Alliance and Waves.

I think you misread that. They said that they give away two licenses for the price of $398. So, it's $199 for the synth.
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting...I haven't heard of this until today. I will be on the look out for whatever it may be. :)

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:08 pm I think you misread that. They said that they give away two licenses for the price of $398. So, it's $199.
Ooops, I made a mistake indeed... Sorry ! It's "only" 199 euros. I don't understand spanish very well. By the way, I wonder why they give the world exclusivity to a spanish speaking site. French or English would make sense but why Spanish?

abducted wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:08 pm I think you misread that. They said that they give away two licenses for the price of $398. So, it's $199.
Ooops, I made a mistake indeed... Sorry ! It's "only" 199 euros. I don't understand spanish very well. By the way, I wonder why they give the world exclusivity to a spanish speaking site. French or English would make sense but why Spanish?
that's revolutionary right there!!!!

abducted wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 pm
The desktop website automatically translated the text (badly) into German.

they probably didn't get an exclusive but have released information early
probably supposed to keep quiet till tuesday :shrug:

the synth was revolutionary at the time...

AnX wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:25 pm the synth was revolutionary at the time...
on tuesday

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:08 pm I think you misread that. They said that they give away two licenses for the price of $398. So, it's $199 for the synth.
So it's the same price as Pigments 2, which was released in early 2020, a year after Pigments 1 came out...

It's totally just gonna be Pigments 3.
I hate signatures too.

That "revolutionary" doesn't fit then though.

Rather sounds like an emulation of a synth which hasn't been done to death.
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:39 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:08 pm I think you misread that. They said that they give away two licenses for the price of $398. So, it's $199 for the synth.
So it's the same price as Pigments 2, which was released in early 2020, a year after Pigments 1 came out...

It's totally just gonna be Pigments 3.
Wait, there was a Pigments 2?

"French Wizard"?!?

(ah, FB translation... thought it was the name of the synth...)

Return to “Instruments”