KvR constantly signing me out, anyone else?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm happy to say that I haven't been signed in for a good week or so now. Looks like maybe the problem is fixed (at least for me).
Last edited by fgimian on Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Worst is when you spent 20 minutes adding a product to the database/marketplace and it logs you out when you press submit!!!

This issue has started again for me.

Bump, this is still happening here, multiple times a day too.

cryophonik wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 pm Safari on my iPad/iOS
same.
at times a computer would do the same. I think I'd delete and rebuild the cookies. I've had horrible login issues elsewhere which were corrupt cookies, like stuff inherited from an earlier system.

Still happens to me on iPad (Safari).
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Happened to me 3 times yesterday.

Pretty sure this has to do with cookie settings.

I'm getting signed out a lot on mobile too. Every time it happens I think 'oh look, I've been banned'.

Stressful!

Doesn't seem to happen on desktop.

Edit - those saying it's related to cookies, what's the trick then?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

There is actually a 'delete KVR cookies' button I saw somewhere here. On a cellphone, I wouldn't know. Delete cookies, you'll have to reconstruct the log in is all, remember yer password.

The main site needs 1 cookie protected with the id:

__cfduid

The forum uses phpBB so you need to protect the cookies with IDs:

phpbb3_n3v9d_u
phpbb3_n3v9d_k
phpbb3_n3v9d_sid

I have been logged out twice in the last 15 minutes. I can't recall it ever happening before. Also the site response has been very slow tonight.

It was ok for about 30 minutes, and then logged me out again.

The Cloudflare DDoS login checker took 15-20 seconds to log me back in. Then when I clicked on a forum tab, I was logged out immediately.

Had to switch browsers because it doing this to me in Firefox, making both moderating and posting basically impossible (as detailed in a PM to Ben two weeks ago, which remains unread). Now it is doing it in Vivaldi. Fantastic.
No longer a moderator.

I have had it happen a few times, not daily, maybe 4 times in the last two weeks. I use FF as well
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Site Stuff”