RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cN8_8n71bs

I hope it has English subtitles.

andromeda ?

Casio CTK-631?
A well-behaved signature.

I recently sold Pigments 2, so I do hope it is not Pigments 3 and Arturia makes me want to buy it again. But I think I can resist it now.

They released OB-Xa V on 19th/20th May 2020 and it was included in V Collection 8. So, it should be a new synth, which will eventually be a part of V Collection 9.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 am They released OB-Xa V on 19th/20th May 2020 and it was included in V Collection 8. So, it should be a new synth, which will eventually be a part of V Collection 9.
I don't think so. V Collection 7 was released one year before OBXa was released, it made sense, but Now VC8 has been released only 4 months ago...

My guess is one of these three options:

- A new soft synth completeley different to all the other Arturia synths (maybe physical modelling?)
- A drum machine synth
- Pigments 3.

Yes, but here the previous trend need not be necessarily followed. It was a new approach to release a new synth (OB-Xa V) separately before V Collection 8. So, while it has been only 4 months since VC8 was released, they might have been cooking something for some time now and it is ready for release.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what it will be.

Yeh, the advertised 199 price point is the same as the individual synths in V Collection. Pushing a new synths out now and then including it in the V Collection later is possible (like OB-Xa) or keeping it as a separate product that isn't part of the V Collection (which is also possible if its something 'revolutionary' and not a modelled existing hardware instrument)

Pigments is currently the only instrument they make that isn't based on someone else's design (I think...+ spark) and it 'stands alone' from the V collection (and is also 199!). I am predicting 'another' original design to boost this category.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Physical modeling drum synth with the sequencing and modulation action like fxp tremor would be bonkers. I don’t have any arturia stuff rn, but I could see myself jumping on that even for full price.... :pray:
I don’t read much in the word “revolutionary”, but it makes me think that this an original design and not “just another emulation”.

Cheers
Marcel

hlecram wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:11 am Physical modeling drum synth with the sequencing and modulation action like fxp tremor would be bonkers. I don’t have any arturia stuff rn, but I could see myself jumping on that even for full price.... :pray:
I don’t read much in the word “revolutionary”, but it makes me think that this an original design and not “just another emulation”.

Cheers
Marcel
Spark already has physical modelling sound engines (and sampling, modular, VA). A very underrated drum synth! https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/spark2

If you combined the new Pigments look/modulation and Spark you could get a really special drum machine!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 am
hlecram wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:11 am Physical modeling drum synth with the sequencing and modulation action like fxp tremor would be bonkers. I don’t have any arturia stuff rn, but I could see myself jumping on that even for full price.... :pray:

Cheers
Marcel
Spark already has physical modelling sound engines (and sampling, modular, VA). A very underrated drum synth! https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/spark2

If you combined the new Pigments look/modulation and Spark you could get a really special drum machine!
Hey,

Thanks for that! I never really got in touch with this thing and totally forgot about it. Tbh, no one can blame for that, because there is barely any talk about it.

Do you have first hand experience with spark? I found that it was released early 2014. It looks a bit dated to me. Do you think it holds up today in terms of sound and usability?

I figure, a new proper drum machine from arturia could bring something new to the table. Given that spark2 was released 7 years back and the market is quite sparse compared to other stuff.... :ud:

hlecram wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 am

Cheers
Marcel

Hey,

Thanks for that! I never really got in touch with this thing and totally forgot about it. Tbh, no one can blame for that, because there is barely any talk about it.

Do you have first hand experience with spark? I found that it was released early 2014. It looks a bit dated to me. Do you think it holds up today in terms of sound and usability?

I figure, a new proper drum machine from arturia could bring something new to the table. Given that spark2 was released 7 years back and the market is quite sparse compared to other stuff.... :ud:
Yeh, I was the one that bought the original one :wink: Big cream coloured dedicated 'metal' controller that lit up like Blackpool illuminations...
It was well ahead of its time but Arturia didn't have the QC or software chops they do now...if this was updated and relaunched (in black ;-)) I think it would be very successful...Spark 2 is still pretty good, just needs updating as the GUI was based around the hardware that no one uses!

I really liked that thing. Shame it wasn't a big success for Arturia.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sacer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:39 amandromeda ?
hell yes.

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:26 pm on tuesday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVUThMUuCAY
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”