DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

TheyThinkTheyreSoCool wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:58 am I've got a recurring bug that is driving me mad, periodically my apc mini will seem to stop sending signal to bitwig. Curiously it does appear to still be recieving signal, it starts in default mode and is recieving signal based on the way the buttons lightup in accordance with midi, but it will not send any information.
I am afraid this is a general issue with the APCmini, I had that issue too in the past.

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:39 pm Does Maschine Mk3 script work for Maschine+ in controller mode?
Up to my knowledge it does not. NI told me that the controller mode is identical to the Mk3 but it seems not. I was in touch with a user who could not make it work.
I do not have a device, so cannot look into it currently.

moss wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:56 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:39 pm Does Maschine Mk3 script work for Maschine+ in controller mode?
Up to my knowledge it does not. NI told me that the controller mode is identical to the Mk3 but it seems not. I was in touch with a user who could not make it work.
I do not have a device, so cannot look into it currently.
Right, that's what I suspected.
Well, I'll know when/if I get one :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hey everyone, I am having some trouble installing the DrivenByMoss extension. I am running Windows 10, and I have copied the extension file to Username\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Extensions\ , but Bitwig doesn´t seem to detect anything. The same happens with all other extensions I tried to install, so the problem isn´t exclusive to DrivenByMoss. I´m running Bitwig 3.0.3, could that be the issue?

SonnyW wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:06 pm Hey everyone, I am having some trouble installing the DrivenByMoss extension. I am running Windows 10, and I have copied the extension file to Username\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Extensions\ , but Bitwig doesn´t seem to detect anything. The same happens with all other extensions I tried to install, so the problem isn´t exclusive to DrivenByMoss. I´m running Bitwig 3.0.3, could that be the issue?
DrivenByMoss requires 3.2.5+ but your problem could be a different one. There were situations where the user directory could not be detected by Bitwig, e.g. when Microsoft OneDrive was active. Check back with Bitwig support.

@Moss, in current version of the script on Launchpad X the costom mode (device control) paints both 1st and 2nd column orange, instead of red and orange respectively.

Can you confirm that?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:35 pm @Moss, in current version of the script on Launchpad X the costom mode (device control) paints both 1st and 2nd column orange, instead of red and orange respectively.

Can you confirm that?
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update!

moss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am
antic604 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:35 pm @Moss, in current version of the script on Launchpad X the costom mode (device control) paints both 1st and 2nd column orange, instead of red and orange respectively.

Can you confirm that?
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update!
Awesome! :) :hug: :tu:
Music tech enthusiast

moss wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:46 am
proteus-ix wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 pm Any plans / ETA on a script for MPC One? I would also love one for the Maschine Jam, but I see you already ruled that out.
Akai is pretty married to Ableton but I can check if something is possible. Yes, Maschine Jam is dead as confirmed by NI.
I beg to differ! All the JAMs floating out there are very much alive. Would love an updated script as well.

proteus-ix wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 pm Any plans / ETA on a script for MPC One? I would also love one for the Maschine Jam, but I see you already ruled that out.
Akai is pretty married to Ableton but I can check if something is possible. Yes, Maschine Jam is dead as confirmed by NI.
Any chance of a script for Akai Force?

Hello,

I'm trying to get MPE to work with my launchpad pro mk3, but to no avail.
When checking it with midi monitor, I can see that the message is sent, but I can't for the life of me find the way to assign it.

I have poly aftertouch set to convert to "Poly aftertouch", and the latest driven by Moss and Bitwig Studio.

Edit:
Got it to work shortly after, while checking a yt video I had missed. One has to enable MPE from the launchpad when NOT connected to Bitwig. From there it's smooth sailing :D

minortom wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:39 am
I beg to differ! All the JAMs floating out there are very much alive. Would love an updated script as well.
Just bought one on ebay but no promises :-)

pc999 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:18 pm
Any chance of a script for Akai Force?
I am trying to get one for quite some time now but no luck so far.

Push 1 + Bitwig Studio 2 = still old controller script 2.00... ?

Obliged to upgrade Bitwig ? :s

Thanks to Moss for making these great extensions! I've just started using my Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3 with Bitwig, but there's a clear delay when launching clips in the session mode. All 'launch quantize' settings are off, and I can launch the same clips with zero audible delay from the keys of my Keystep. The Launchpad triggers MIDI instruments in Bitwig with zero delay, and also launches clips with no delay in Ableton Live 10. I've followed the setup instructions closely, and I've updated the firmware for the Launchpad to the latest version. I'm running Bitwig 3.3.1 on MacOS with a reasonably fast 2015 Macbook Pro.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something obvious?

Return to “Controller Scripting”