Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Vortifex wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:42 am Are there any glaring omissions from the world of emulated classics?
For me, just Andromeda and Roland V Synth.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 am
hlecram wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 am
hlecram wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:11 am Physical modeling drum synth with the sequencing and modulation action like fxp tremor would be bonkers. I don’t have any arturia stuff rn, but I could see myself jumping on that even for full price.... :pray:
I don’t read much in the word “revolutionary”, but it makes me think that this an original design and not “just another emulation”.

Cheers
Marcel
Spark already has physical modelling sound engines (and sampling, modular, VA). A very underrated drum synth! https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/spark2

If you combined the new Pigments look/modulation and Spark you could get a really special drum machine!
Hey,

Thanks for that! I never really got in touch with this thing and totally forgot about it. Tbh, no one can blame for that, because there is barely any talk about it.

Do you have first hand experience with spark? I found that it was released early 2014. It looks a bit dated to me. Do you think it holds up today in terms of sound and usability?

I figure, a new proper drum machine from arturia could bring something new to the table. Given that spark2 was released 7 years back and the market is quite sparse compared to other stuff.... :ud:
Yeh, I was the one that bought the original one :wink: Big cream coloured dedicated 'metal' controller that lit up like Blackpool illuminations...
It was well ahead of its time but Arturia didn't have the QC or software chops they do now...if this was updated and relaunched (in black ;-)) I think it would be very successful...Spark 2 is still pretty good, just needs updating as the GUI was based around the hardware that no one uses!

i use the CDM for it! and indeed spark 2 is quite underrated. my to-go-to drumcomputer. wíth the old hardware controller!!

the GUI is old, but the possibities still great.

and back to the CDM; 3 dedicated endless encoders per pad. (ok 16 pads, you must switch).

the XY pad, is quite usefull, and good. it is like a real drumcomputer. it is the only controller that a good friend/neighbour does understand, haha. of what i have, o yes, the MK3 perhaps.

but spark 2 maybe outdated GUI wise, not outdated soundwise. o well, always a personal opinion.
resizable would be great. but, again, i have the CDM, so.. still you need access to the GUI, not all can be done.

and indeed a build-in modular....

EDIT: i saw this thread only today, like pigments, when it was introduced, it was for me €69.
the nice discounts you get. sometimes strangely connected, but still..

so perhaps, you don't have to own a lot, or even a freebie can get you a discount.

but i am curious. still have pigments 2, will always use it, it has it's place.
if it is a good as...

Well my money is on a synth to go alongside Pigments that is focussed around FM and Additive synthesis both mostly and highly suspiciously missing from Pigments which otherwise has Analog, Wavetable, Phase distortion, Granular and Sampling engines. Adding a modern UI twist with some new functionality the marketing team could spin this as revolutionary plus it would fit in with the synthwavy theme of the presentation.

tactile_coast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:55 pm Well my money is on a synth to go alongside Pigments that is focussed around FM and Additive synthesis both mostly and highly suspiciously missing from Pigments which otherwise has Analog, Wavetable, Phase distortion, Granular and Sampling engines. Adding a modern UI twist with some new functionality the marketing team could spin this as revolutionary plus it would fit in with the synthwavy theme of the presentation.
spectral is the future! o well, i only shout it everywhere.

but is this announcement for real??

or did they drop pigments also out of the blue? can't remember, only that i bought when it was available, immediately.. (and nice update pigments - pigments 2, a synth that really has a lot, and has modular qualities, soundwise..)

foosnark wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:20 pm "Revolutionary" definitely means it's a physical model of a guillotine. You heard it here first.
Finally, the exploited, hard-synced oscillators will control the means of music production.

WasteLand wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:34 pm

or did they drop pigments also out of the blue? can't remember, only that i bought when it was available, immediately.. (and nice update pigments - pigments 2, a synth that really has a lot, and has modular qualities, soundwise..)
Arturia don't normally do teasers for software instruments ...in the past it has been available when announced.

Pigments 2 is a lovely synth, but ultimately it is a multi synths engine 2 Osc Synth with pretty fixed architecture and is up against some very strong competition in that area. It isn't as simple and focused as a normal fixed architecture synth or as complex and flexible as a more modular synth, it may slip between the 2 camps for some people.
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:26 pm
WasteLand wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Arturia don't normally do teasers for software instruments ...in the past it has been available when announced.
indeed, so is this a leak, or only ... nothing?

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:25 pm
Vortifex wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:42 am Are there any glaring omissions from the world of emulated classics?
I would add Kawai K5000 to that list.

felis wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:34 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:25 pm
I would add Kawai K5000 to that list.
+1

They have updated the facebook post, now it says that they are giving away two complete licenses and three anual licenses. So it seems that there will be an annual subscription system for this synth in addition to the usual buying system...

I wonder why there is no mention on the official Arturia Facebook page ? Oh well guess we'll find out tomorrow....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Polybrute in VST form.- now that'd be good

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm They have updated the facebook post, now it says that they are giving away two complete licenses and three anual licenses. So it seems that there will be an annual subscription system for this synth in addition to the usual buying system...
Oh, so that’s the kind of revolution they had in mind.
I hate signatures too.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:22 pm
ecasasmusic2 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm They have updated the facebook post, now it says that they are giving away two complete licenses and three anual licenses. So it seems that there will be an annual subscription system for this synth in addition to the usual buying system...
Oh, so that’s the kind of revolution they had in mind.
A cash flow revolution.

Return to “Instruments”