Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:43 pm
Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:22 pm
ecasasmusic2 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm They have updated the facebook post, now it says that they are giving away two complete licenses and three anual licenses. So it seems that there will be an annual subscription system for this synth in addition to the usual buying system...
Oh, so that’s the kind of revolution they had in mind.
A cash flow revolution.
some sort of ubersynth probably.

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:25 pm
Vortifex wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:42 am Are there any glaring omissions from the world of emulated classics?
For me, just Andromeda and Roland V Synth.
Andromeda is nice, would love that. I could never afford that one, and ended up with the Oberheim OB-12 instead. I would like a Roland D-50, and possible an Ensoniq ESQ-1, I remember chosing between the ESQ-1 and the DX7 as my first synth (used). I went for DX7, which Arturia already has :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Considering Arturia has been hitting it out of the park with their vintage digital emulations, I really think the time is right for a Fizmo V.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:45 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:43 pm
Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:22 pm
ecasasmusic2 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm They have updated the facebook post, now it says that they are giving away two complete licenses and three anual licenses. So it seems that there will be an annual subscription system for this synth in addition to the usual buying system...
Oh, so that’s the kind of revolution they had in mind.
A cash flow revolution.
some sort of ubersynth probably.
They've tried that once in hardware. The sound demos that I heard sucked.

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:17 pm Considering Arturia has been hitting it out of the park with their vintage digital emulations, I really think the time is right for a Fizmo V.
I am utterly shocked you proposed the Fizmo.

(this is also absolute sarcasm) :hihi:

JoeCat wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:19 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:17 pm Considering Arturia has been hitting it out of the park with their vintage digital emulations, I really think the time is right for a Fizmo V.
I am utterly shocked you proposed the Fizmo.

(this is also absolute sarcasm) :hihi:
hmmm...
vurt wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:26 pmfizmo!

''giving away two complete licenses and three annual licenses''

Maybe its Arturia Cloud and a new synth? All synths and all FX and all presets for XX a year etc. 'complete licenses' for the new synth (which is maybe something like Roland Cloud and zenology?)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:23 pm ''giving away two complete licenses and three annual licenses''

Maybe its Arturia Cloud and a new synth? All synths and all FX and all presets for XX a year etc. 'complete licenses' for the new synth (which is maybe something like Roland Cloud and zenology?)
They keep making it easier and easier to rule them out for any new purchases.

Anything Ensoniq and I'm over the moon :pray:
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

wish they improved existing before moving on. Prophet V3 is really bad. I kinda stopped caring since Repro-5, but if they update Prophet like they did Jupiter8 V4 recently, that'd be a nice touch.

as for new, Synthex, Memorymoog, Quadra, Roland JX, any of these get my vote. might as well be Roland JD, since Roland made the move with Zenology, but it's lackluster.

won't be PPG for sure, I think, since Brainworx acquired the license.

Voyetra-8 would totally kill, but may as well be impossible to emulate properly.

cheetah ms6

beckerley wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:13 pm wish they improved existing before moving on. Prophet V3 is really bad. I kinda stopped caring since Repro-5, but if they update Prophet like they did Jupiter8 V4 recently, that'd be a nice touch.
No doubt Jupiter8 V4 is a huge improvement, but I cannot even call it a Jupiter8 since it is only a single-layer synth. The Upper/Lower patch layers is what makes the Jupiter8 what it is.

well yeah. they may as well fix that in Collection 9, who knows.

in terms of Prophet, sound engine upgrade would be good enough.

According to these details on their page I think it is going to be a completely new softsynth and not an emulation.

http://www.futuremusic-es.com/arturia-n ... 5EXJVHnPSs

SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:39 pm Pigments and V collection cover a lot of ground....what's left! Maybe someone will finally do the Roland V synths- Roland don't seem to want to!
maybe a D-beam controller ;)

Return to “Instruments”