FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

pough wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:00 pm
Amberience wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm That one is really weird, and is not something we saw during testing. I need to bring that up with the devs.
Yeah, I'm not sure how a download process can tie up a CPU, but it's doing it here. Others have mentioned it here. They're using Mac. I'm on Windows. Maybe a HD driver or something. Impending HD failure? I hope not.
it's not just you - I got about 50% cpu load downloading on an i7 / win10 - looking in resource monitor it's clearly got a LOT of simultaneous sessions open but even then I wouldn't expect that much load.

Ok, I gotta say this:
this making me deal with a meaningless dialog I have to dismiss FOUR TIMES (also meaning I can't launch a project/template and grab a cuppa or something and come back, but have to wait for it), this has to GO.
same bullshit as ROLI Equator 1. Ok, starts 3 and 4 were just the two pointless intrusions to attend to.
Not sure it even works here, I've rolled back.

The stupid library doesn’t load my old bfd2 - so I have to install a lot of expansions again, although I have added every path, where my whole library was installed.
Why is there no download for bfd2 library ?
Is there a chance to give bfd2 unsers a free London Studio? Which is based on the bfd2 library or can you add the download links. I can’t find my old installer dvds.

I posted about my migration experience in this other thread viewtopic.php?p=8088058#p8088058 Nothing vital to know about other than im on macPOS and Reaper and all went well with the help of forum members!

By the way this is the kind of crazy stuff I use BDF3 for:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/ex ... nism-music

This morning I finally got my e-mail to complete the migration, but when I click SEND I get an error message!
"Unable to complete this request due to an error. Error has been logged."
Mac Studio M2 Ultra, Sonoma, Logic X, Orion 32+, mioXL, V-Synth XT, JD-990, MC-909, OB-X8, NINA, KK61 mkII

Hey folks, just a heads up. If you previously opted-out of marketing emails from fxpansion, then that will be one reason why you didn't receive an email.

You can start the migration by clicking this button in your user-account overview:

More details here:
https://inmusicbrands.force.com/BFDHelp ... -Questions
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

i've done my migration yesterday. the process seemingly didn't finish because the browser just stopped and was waiting for some response, after which i couldn't restart the migration process again because the FXpansion site said the migration was complete... then i logged into my inMusic account (with help of reset password link, because the site itself never actually sent me anything), and found all my BFD stuff in there. so, i take it the migration is complete and all is well. didn't try the 3.4 yet.

now give me my free expansion!!!11!112

EDIT: found the instructions under BFD3 page in my user area.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

FXpansion guys -- Is it worth d'loading the BFDCore again. Has it been updated/changed for this new release?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

I have reinstalled by bfd2 library but cannot open them. The new bfd installer displays license and the when I open a bfd2 preset, there are yellow triangles on every kit, can you please support !

operandx wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:32 am FXpansion guys -- Is it worth d'loading the BFDCore again. Has it been updated/changed for this new release?
Just a note, we're not FXpansion anymore ;)

But no, no need to download any libraries again.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

sacer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:39 am I have reinstalled by bfd2 library but cannot open them. The new bfd installer displays license and the when I open a bfd2 preset, there are yellow triangles on every kit, can you please support !
Can you check your contents locations panel in BFD3? Is the BFD2 content listed?

Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:57 am Hey folks, just a heads up. If you previously opted-out of marketing emails from fxpansion, then that will be one reason why you didn't receive an email.

You can start the migration by clicking this button in your user-account overview:

More details here:
https://inmusicbrands.force.com/BFDHelp ... -Questions
I may well have opted out of the e-mails. The problem arising from that is the button in your picture takes you to a page where it has to send you an e-mail - which never happens.

Not very well thought through - there also does not appear to be a way to rejoin the mailing list. So here I am going nowhere because I got sick of the marketing spam years back.
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:54 am
sacer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:39 am I have reinstalled by bfd2 library but cannot open them. The new bfd installer displays license and the when I open a bfd2 preset, there are yellow triangles on every kit, can you please support !
Can you check your contents locations panel in BFD3? Is the BFD2 content listed?
Yes I have reinstalled it - it’s listed. I have relocated it and it shows up in my presets, but when I load them, it doesn’t find the samples

Also the new license manger doesn’t has licensed it.
Before last update of 3.4 everything worked fine

sacer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:38 am Is there a chance to give bfd2 unsers a free London Studio? Which is based on the bfd2 library or can you add the download links. I can’t find my old installer dvds.
Seconded. It's the same library so why not just let us 'migrate' BFD2 Core to London Sessions? This would make the whole process of just being BFD3 much easier with less legacy stuff to deal with in the future.

How about it?

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:02 am
sacer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:38 am Is there a chance to give bfd2 unsers a free London Studio? Which is based on the bfd2 library or can you add the download links. I can’t find my old installer dvds.
Seconded. It's the same library so why not just let us 'migrate' BFD2 Core to London Sessions? This would make the whole process of just being BFD3 much easier with less legacy stuff to deal with in the future.

How about it?
Would be fine but does the jamaha essentials vol1 and 2 work with it? I can’t also use these two expansions, because it doesn’t find my bfd 2 samples.

I think the main problem is that the license manager doesn’t recognise the bfd2 library

Return to “Instruments”